HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:16 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
TR - that is a CHUNK of CHANGE right there! WOW! That thing just LOOKS cool, and that's viewing it from the wrong end of the lens! Looking forward to seeing some of your videos!

BTW, I saw you on the MCPX BL thread - looks like you are considering it too. Very tempting little birdie.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:49 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,791 Posts
I got a decent deal second hand! I alerady had the GoPro and TX/RX.. I flew it this morning ,it is SICK!! It's so stable and flies so damn good... I have video uploading to YouTube... Nothing crazy, just test flying and a front flip ;D I will post link when it's ready.

Yes, I do want one.. I have a Mikado Logo 400 I'm trying to sell though, I need to get rid of that first!
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:56 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,283 Posts
WOW ! it has been a couple months since i was able to fly,got out today with the Diamond 2500, first off it was tail heavy (of course didnt check it) was like a porpoise on crack !! wind was blowing around 15mph, i went ahead and flew it for about 9 minutes like this, about 4 minutes in i was up quite high (luckily) stalled her out good and right ! it fell, then tipped then started spinning woohooo hit the throttle ! I was gliding at the time. bringing it in to land was a real treat being tail heavy,wind swirling,hit flaps up down up down up down !!! got her calmed down and on the ground,set the CG correctly (had to add 4- 7G leads in nose) second 10 minute flight was sweet !! But the over turning and jumpy up and down stuff was just as much from not flying ... ohh this is a used diamond 2500 i bought,the guy had it setup for fpv,so the weights were taken out of the nose from what i can tell. anyhow anyone else notice how fast you get rusty when you dont fly ?
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:48 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,791 Posts
Here is video from this morning - first flight of the FPV quad!!!

My first flight with the Hoverthings FPV quad. (3 min 55 sec)
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:36 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,377 Posts
6 batteries through the Carbon Cub, what a joy to fly. 2 batteries through the AS3X UM Spitfire, what a joy to fly.

1 battery through my scratchbuild blu-baby, till either the motor or ESC bit the dust
1 battery through my UM P51, and the motor has crapped out badly

I have to say though the enjoyment of the CC and the Spit faaaaarrrr outweighs the bummer of the P51 and the BB.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:40 PM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Dec 2011
2,232 Posts
4 flights on my scratch built BALSA 1/2-A design.

Better'n ever!
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:32 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Should be back in the air today

Weather has been pretty bad here lately, so I've been flying the rotors off my helis (literally). My MSRx will be getting a new tail motor, main motor, blades, and batteries today, and my Nano will be (hopefully) getting a repaired board, servo, feathering spindle, and main motor.

Heli's are high maintenance, and they don't glide too well when things start going south.

Anyway, I wanted to pass this along for anyone who flies micro heli's and likes to smash them into things as much as I do. If/when you fry your board and you are considering a $50+ replacement, check this guy out first:

http://www.megasmicros.com/AboutUs.asp

He fixes boards for $25. I haven't gotten mine back yet, so not yet a full recommendation, but I sent it to him on Thurs and got an email on Monday that it was on it's way back to me, so assuming it works, I am pretty impressed.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:00 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,791 Posts
Yes - helis do take a bit of upkeep! Lots of moving parts that need to live in harmony!

I have the CamoQuad and my Edge 540QQ with me today for a little lunch-break shenanigans..

Supposed to get a blizzard tomorrow.. If the wind isn't too crazy I'm going to try to get some GoPro footage up in the middle of the storm and check out a snowstorm from a bird's eye view..
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:11 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Yes - helis do take a bit of upkeep! Lots of moving parts that need to live in harmony!

I have the CamoQuad and my Edge 540QQ with me today for a little lunch-break shenanigans..

Supposed to get a blizzard tomorrow.. If the wind isn't too crazy I'm going to try to get some GoPro footage up in the middle of the storm and check out a snowstorm from a bird's eye view..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:15 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post

I just got into quads and am loving the Phanntom. Also getting a real kick out of the Edge 540QQ too!

We 'll be waiting on that storm video

HBGB
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:11 PM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Put 3 batts through my pz t28 and 2 through my t28 FF and managed a 2nd maiden sort of with my sea fury FF then it started rainin hopefully get out for a birthday fly tomorrow

Rod
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:18 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgeorgedoors View Post
Put 3 batts through my pz t28 and 2 through my t28 FF and managed a 2nd maiden sort of with my sea fury FF then it started rainin hopefully get out for a birthday fly tomorrow

Rod
Happy Birthday Rod!
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:34 PM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
Happy Birthday Rod!
Thankyou kind sir
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:43 PM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,151 Posts
Sunny, new snow and -5 Fahrenheit - this is the day I've been waiting for! I put three batteries through my EasyStar II. The new configuration is working well. I made it to 4596 feet (1.4km) with a 7dbi patch antenna on my Dx6i and 4554 feet (still nearly 1.4km) with a 3dbi omni antenna. My AR6120 receiver registered no brownouts . I saw the RSSI drop once and realized I was standing between the plane and the Dx6i, turned and got 100% again. Yahoo! Now this is getting fun!

My new toy came yesterday -Q450 quad with KK2.0 flight controller. I started plinking and watching Youtube vids to figure out how to put it together, then realized I either need to reverse the motor shafts or order the motor accessory kit to mount with shaft pointing down. I ordered parts for both options. It will be a week or two before the maiden.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Well, after that post, I will look like an idiot writing this one. Woke up this a.m. to an unexpected 3" of snow on the ground. I was getting excited about flying the Nano outside and working on flips, but now I will have to wait until the snow melts (again) because I'm getting very tired of giving it blow dryer sessions when I bury it in the snow.

Ready for spring . . .
RCG Plus Member