Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:21 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Hear hear

plus it's cold. (not really cold, but Florida cold...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
'Zactly! We usually at least sit/stand around and bench race a bit if it's too windy, but today everyone just wanted to get going back to the house. Fortunately, it should rapidly climb into the 70s in the afternoon.... if only the wind would also take a break at the same time....
Florida cold is the coldest of colds. You just aren't prepared for it. 30* in FL is equivalent to -50* anywhere else. You may doubt me, but if you've experienced it (as a resident), you will know I speak only the truth.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:26 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Florida cold is the coldest of colds. You just aren't prepared for it. 30* in FL is equivalent to -50* anywhere else. You may doubt me, but if you've experienced it (as a resident), you will know I speak only the truth.
That gave me a good laugh. I routinely see tourists, obviously from places like the UK or more northern parts of the Good Ol' US looking at me verrrry strangely because they're in shorts and flip flops and I've got jeans and a heavy sweater on over a long sleeve T. Warm blooded creatures, indeed
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:48 PM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Yeah them kind of temps over here in rainy uk are pretty hot for us, very rare have we seen 30 degrees but it has happened once or twice and was just too hot, suppose if we had them kinda temps all the time then I reckon we would be acclimatised to it
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:29 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
taking the diamond 2500 out for a spin !
Temp: 41F (5C) Fair
Fair

Humidity: 73%
Wind Speed: W 12.7 MPH (11 KT)
Barometer: 30.27 in
Dewpoint: 33F
Wind Chill: 34F
ill try to get decent video,its hard to stay close enough with a go pro as it makes everything look farther away than it is
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:06 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Coming from where I live, that is funny! They say that winter temps in Minnesota feel colder than most, while summer temps feel hotter than most - thanks to the high humidity. However - I remember visiting some friends in Atmore, Alabama (just a few miles north of the FL border) back in '76, when it snowed maybe a half-inch or so. The temp was just below freezing. The whole area shut down as if it were the end of the world. I had never seen so many car wrecks in such a short period of time. It was like watching the 'big one' at Daytona or Talladega in slow-motion.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:55 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,274 Posts
It's been windy here all week. Today it looked pretty good 6mph and sunny. So, I threw the Ultimate in the car. On my way to work I stopped by our field and got a couple good flights in.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:10 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post
It's been windy here all week. Today it looked pretty good 6mph and sunny. So, I threw the Ultimate in the car. On my way to work I stopped by our field and got a couple good flights in.
Sweet! I hope it's mild tomorrow as I may maiden my Ultimate
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:19 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
Super sweet! It looks like it's going to be pretty good tomorrow.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:21 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,438 Posts
Sa-WEET! I love the CF spinner on that one
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:03 PM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
234 Posts
It was 33 with 10-15 mph winds but I couldn't take it anymore. Flew 2 batts through my foam profile. Couldn't feel my hands when finished, but it was worth it!
bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:55 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
Some day.......

I saw one of those 'in the flesh' the other day, and man can it hover, tumble, and just generally fly!

Best wishes for a successful outing with it!

It was 15 gusting to 22 this afternoon, but I still needed my flying fix... so ended up just doing some circuits with the Blade 130x at local park. Wasn't sure it could handle that much wind, but with it's power to weight ratio and relatively slippery shape, it did great. I even did my first real-life front, and side, and back flips with it today -- just somehow felt right to try it out, once I was stabilized at a high altitude, and it went great! I didn't press my luck, though, and went back to just FFF for the remainder of four batteries total.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:59 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Thanks for all the replies to my flipping / rolling report of my Quad.

HBGB - Nice Ultimate. That looks awesome. I have a Hangar 9 Sundowner to maiden as yet. Looking forward to that.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:07 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
arggg !!! wind came up,i waited for hours but it just bloody got worse ! then just as sun sets not a breeze !! well maybe tomorrow ..
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:51 PM
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,275 Posts
Got one pack in today. Sunny,no wind but 19 degrees....
rrg is offline Find More Posts by rrg
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:00 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Coming from where I live, that is funny! They say that winter temps in Minnesota feel colder than most, while summer temps feel hotter than most - thanks to the high humidity. However - I remember visiting some friends in Atmore, Alabama (just a few miles north of the FL border) back in '76, when it snowed maybe a half-inch or so. The temp was just below freezing. The whole area shut down as if it were the end of the world. I had never seen so many car wrecks in such a short period of time. It was like watching the 'big one' at Daytona or Talladega in slow-motion.

Joel
You can see just as many accidents when it just rains here. Florida drivers are cuckoo for cocoa puffs.
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick