SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:41 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Just had a nice lunch break.. Took the Logo 400 up with the GoPro again.

And took the Concept Pro out - that thing is five minutes of sheer terror and adrenaline every time I fly it! hahahaa

Also threw the ASbach3X up for a quick round. I love flicking that thing around.

Good times! Video uploading to YT!
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:47 PM
If I build it, it will fly
United States, NY, East Rochester
Joined Jan 2012
712 Posts
Headed out in about 15 min to go maiden my Giant Super Easy.

~psguardian
psguardian is offline Find More Posts by psguardian
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Video from lunch time - aboard the Logo 400.

Full screen and HD is best!!!

Mikado Logo 400 with GoPro. (3 min 57 sec)
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:19 PM
If I build it, it will fly
United States, NY, East Rochester
Joined Jan 2012
712 Posts
Too windy, my GSE was a kite without a string... Meh, $2 airframe in the ground. Electronics survived.

~psguardian
psguardian is offline Find More Posts by psguardian
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:41 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Video from lunch time - aboard the Logo 400.

Full screen and HD is best!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiFZYwSgZMQ&hd=1

Yeah, I tried that stuff w/ my Nano today. It didn't end well . . .

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3381
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:30 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,761 Posts
I likes the look of that Concept Pro!
Might get one to replace my Stinger that I've fallen out with...

Tony
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:59 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
WWIU - hahaha... Hilarious... Good stuff!! You are lucky you have things like the NCPX to learn on.. When I learned RC helis it was on my Raptor 30. Can't just pick it up and give it another shot when it crashes! I didn't have a sim either.. Just some yardsticks and tennis balls. hahahahaa
Although I picked up fairly quick. I was inverted by my third tank of gas... And then it was all downhill from there!!!! Keep on it, you'll get better.. My MCPX was one of the best tools to learn new heli stuff.. Tought me so much more than any sim!!!

SilentPilot - it's a fun plane! The fan was way out of balance.. But other than that, very fast and fun. It's five minutes of terror. hahahaa
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:16 PM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Finally after days of constant rain and wind it was nice and sunny today with low winds. So we went out. I took my T28 funfighter and sabre edf again along with um T28 that didn't last long as I tried inverted launch again with 450mah battery. It wouldn't go up resulting in decking it, so tried invert launch again but just wouldn't pull up with stick fully forward. Think this is dead now surprised its lasted this long lol

A friend brought his vampire edf and pz T-28 along with his un corsair which is converted to 2s aswell Had a good 2 1/2 hrs. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same

Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:18 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,070 Posts
HH just announced a few new items:

-AS3X reciever
- Micro P-40 w/ AS3X
- New 3D plane called the "Visionaire" - has 45" wingspan - and AS3X (that can be turned on, off, and adjusted.

Happy new year to me, bad one for my budget. Thanks to Kalmon for getting the word out.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:39 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,761 Posts
Visionarie...

With turn on and off able AS3X?
Sounds like a must have, if just for the Rx!
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:30 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,853 Posts
I flew EVERYTHING today! That would be: Polaris, Spacewalker 47" electric, Pete n Poke .40, UM Corsair, and MSR. Didn't break anything in flight, but I broke my Pete n Poke's tailwheel off taking it off the starting stand.

Spacewalker is my completely predictable completely trimmed out relaxing plane now.

PnP I had the engine too rich and was only getting about 50% power, just did a couple circuits and landed to adjust, then broke the tailwheel.

UM Corsair I hadn't flown for months and months after the last time breaking it, but I overhauled it finally and it flew its best flights in a long long time. Also first time really flying it with a DX4e instead of the "toy" RTF controller. Someone else had a UM Mustang in the air with it at the same time

The Polaris is great fun and it's fast, amphibious and acrobatic. I need to fix the loose magnets in the motor though they make it buzz.

MSR is really old but its my only working heli now, it was useless in the 1-2mph wind though in its out of whack old age.

And now for more rainy days and work days and my thumbs getting rusty some more.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:36 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Visionarie...

With turn on and off able AS3X?
Sounds like a must have, if just for the Rx!
The rx is available for $119. It does sound interesting, but I was really hoping for a wider range of uses. There is a big warning about not using it in ICE-powered planes of any scale, or electrics larger than 90-size. I'm sure that the lack of oscillation detection/automatic gain-reduction and the lack of tx-adjustable gain are the reasons for this. In contrast - the Guardian 2D/3D supports everything from park-flyers to 200+ MPH turbines. It has auto gain reduction, freely adjustable gains, and you can also adjust the overall gain from the tx. Plus, it's only $79.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:38 AM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Well just got back in from a few hrs flying time. I took a few planes today, Texan at-6 funfighter as hardly flew that, managed to get the sea fury fun fighter dialed in ish, t28 funfighter as always love battering that about. And my newly rebuilt PZ T-28 maiden. Been putting it off for wks but finally got her up today and man how I've missed flying it, it's the same setup as my last t28 but it seems really slow ?? Was slightly faster than my friends t28 with his spitty motor on it, but I'm sure my last one was faster. Maybe because I'm used to the funfighters on 4s. Only flew one 3a batt on the t28 but it's dialed in now so nxt time out gonna stick to the 4s

My last landing with the Texan was strange just as it was about to touch down it sort of rolled right a little, caught the wing and cartwheeled what the heck that was about I don't know, very twitchy have rates around 50 I think, very bad torque roll with this funfighter compared to the others but I'm getting used to it and more confident with every flight of it
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:36 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,460 Posts
Flew with a friend this afternoon and then put on a show for the kids at the playground in my neighborhood. Who would have thought that a scratchbuilt foam insulation airplane would be so much more interesting than swings and slides to kids and moms alike
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:31 AM
mutski
United States, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,187 Posts
Awesome vidio TurboRacer! My heli would be in pieces if I flew like that.

My ReadymadeRC FPV1000 DVR arrived today. Hooked it up to the Predator goggles to test it, works GREAT, but it was too breezy to fly. I'm going to put a few batteries through my Walkera Genius CP in the livingroom.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski