HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:47 AM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,503 Posts
Happy new year everyone. Joel in your indoor flight in the video were you using mostly rudder to turn the cc with the flaps fully deployed? It looked like the small amount of roll was induced by roll coupling from the rudder. I am jonesing for one of these with the big balloon tires fitted for so me slow night time flights...bush planes are so dang cool.

Thanks
Ben
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:08 AM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Heading out to the club's new year fly in Hope the snow is packed down
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:10 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,491 Posts
Happy New Year everyone!

Ben,

I was using mostly rudder with a bit of aileron in the gentle turns, and I used a bit more aileron in the tighter figure-eights. I apply just a touch of opposite aileron in the flatter turns. I use the same technique when flying clean. The CC does not respond well to bank & yank.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:35 AM
Joined May 2012
9,503 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Definitely on my list although last night I watched a night vapor in action for the first time and that was ridiculously cool

What to blow cash on next?!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:46 PM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR fellow rc nuts

hopefully get out tomorrow if wind dies down a little, managed an hour or so over the week end. here's my T28 funfighter, gave it a good thrashing flat out..pretty quick bu i want MORE speed lol

Trojan T28 FF flat out (4 min 11 sec)
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:48 PM
Formerly 'rtbreeder'
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
281 Posts
About to head out to the local grass field. Not too cold, (24 F) and light winds. There's a drop door in the plane too. Oh, the possibilities!!!
Nixus is online now Find More Posts by Nixus
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:36 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Well, I didn't fly. Every one else had skiis. I still got some good BBQ and chatted with friends. A guy was doing snap rolls really low on a crack yak. Then the wind blew it down into the snow. He was about to go pick it up when the wind came in again and pulled it into the air. He gained control and kept flying. It was awsome
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:08 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,503 Posts
It has been blowing 10-15 off and on, gusting to 20-25 even 30, for so long down here now, that I am hungry for more than just an hour of flying snuck in between fronts...

So, looking at windfinder prediction for tomorrow, you can bet I AM GOING FLYING!

Don't think I have ever seen a chart so low all day before
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:55 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Nice conditions! Get out there and make the most of it. Have fun!
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:00 PM
Joined May 2012
9,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
It has been blowing 10-15 off and on, gusting to 20-25 even 30, for so long down here now, that I am hungry for more than just an hour of flying snuck in between fronts...

So, looking at windfinder prediction for tomorrow, you can bet I AM GOING FLYING!

Don't think I have ever seen a chart so low all day before
I just got back in the house. I killed every battery for any airworthy plane I have which is only 3 but hey. Perfect temperature. No wind. What a night! Had the um p51 so high it was a speck. No wind at all up high either. Did low slow passes with it for 3 batteries then did some low and slow with umx spitfire. Definitely need more batteries for that one. Then 2 full 850mah 3 cells thru my blu baby, which flies about 15 min on each. Did touch and go after touch and go. Big smiles!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:05 PM
If I build it, it will fly
United States, NY, East Rochester
Joined Jan 2012
712 Posts
Flew a half size super easy a couple days ago... Felt good to be in the air for almost 20min without crashing.

Built myself a plus sized SE, maiden to come.

~psguardian
psguardian is offline Find More Posts by psguardian
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:01 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,934 Posts
I flew my Logo Mikado 400 this morning off my back deck:

And was just flying my Ladybird outside with a light set on it:

TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:55 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Took a diamond 2500 out for its maiden (it is a used plane i bought) temp was 11 degrees F and 96 percent humidity so kind of a short flight. And as a heads up, at that temp CA glue gets hard and whatever your holding on with it,it just pops right off Just the Velcro over canopy,but it could be bad news for some planes..well it is the Velcro glue that hates cold not the Ca glue carry on.
VTS 01 1 (7 min 53 sec)
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Jan 03, 2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:08 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
So.....if all 96 percent of the humidity is frozen, is it still called humidity? We've had this wet stuff falling from the skies here lately and I had to Google up "wet stuff falling from sky" to figure out what it was. Had people around here confused. Lot's of cars crashing and stuff.

Sorry. Just humoring myself. No flying today even though the wet stuff quit falling. Had to play chauffeur.
onewire is offline Find More Posts by onewire
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:49 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
I just got back in the house. I killed every battery for any airworthy plane I have which is only 3 but hey. Perfect temperature. No wind. What a night! Had the um p51 so high it was a speck. No wind at all up high either. Did low slow passes with it for 3 batteries then did some low and slow with umx spitfire. Definitely need more batteries for that one. Then 2 full 850mah 3 cells thru my blu baby, which flies about 15 min on each. Did touch and go after touch and go. Big smiles!
Got to love those sessions when the weather conditions are so good. I am sure that will be a memorable day for you.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member