HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:10 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,161 Posts
Maidened my T-28 today
Busted my trunion

Had to dig out my PZ Extra for some mild aerobatics and more importantly a good landing so my thumbs don't get upset!
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:24 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Set up the corsair
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23 View Post
Set up the corsair
Drooling.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post
Drooling.
This is the first plane I've had where the motor makes a powerful, deep growl, not an annoying squeak like the Stryker or the MPXT I love it
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:30 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,789 Posts
Went out today around 8:15 and met 6 of the guys at our local senior center field; the wind was blowing about 12 mph across our runway. I put up my Ares Gamma Pro and almost lost her up high when my prop came loose. I got her in by gliding down, but I was sweating for a while there. I then put up my PZ T-28 and she flew like a dream. I landed into the wind, across the runway and made a picture perfect 3 point landing. What an airplane that T-28 is. I then put up my AXN Floater Jet and used the wind to my advantage. The plane floated on the thermals for about 15 minutes and I brought her down only because I was getting cold! I waited a while, tightened the prop on my Gamma Pro and put her back up. I lasted about 6-7 minutes up there until the wind gusts became too strong for her. I brought her down to a nice landing and we all called it a day. It was fun though, especially flying my Trojan. All in all a great couple of hours of flight time. Just in time too, here comes the rain. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Calm winds and no rain are forcast!!
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:05 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
The weather outside is frightful
inside flying delightful
using 15 LiPo
let it snow let it snow let it snow...
earlier today and this evening, at the height of this latest curveball Mom Nature has flung our way, me and Sonny Boy have been flying our Solo Pro V2s and my HeliMax 1SQ in the house, to the absolute terror of the dog and the cats...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:40 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,491 Posts
flew in rain last week. of course, it was california drizzle. i would probably sit it out in real rain. probably.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:22 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,541 Posts
Sharing my late afternoon flying session from yesterday. Enjoy.

QAV500 The Lake (4 min 5 sec)
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:28 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,491 Posts
very nice grazer. was that a heli cam?

ps - never mind, i saw the "qav" in the title.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Last edited by cmdl; Dec 29, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: ps
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:46 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,541 Posts
Quote:
very nice grazer. was that a heli cam?

ps - never mind, i saw the "qav" in the title.
No worries. Yeh the QAV500 frame is turning out to be just perfect for this. Thanks for the compliment.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:06 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,151 Posts
Spectacular day in Fairbanks. I flew a battery at Creamer's Field to check the trim, then had to leave when a bunch of ski-jor racers arrived (check the landing!). I moved to the soccer fields, launched LOS, then switched to video glasses once the plane was stable. I was immediately LOST (tight circles in the video!), but eventually got my bearings. My new CL-OSD was slick. I LOVE seeing battery voltage. I flew out 2400 feet with good video and control. The home arrow seems shakey, but the distance from home shows whether I'm coming or going.

My landings are still a little steep - I haven't figured out how to judge the ground flying FPV. At least the snow is soft!

Ski-jor (3 min 46 sec)

Davis Rd FPV (0 min 0 sec)
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:07 AM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski View Post
Spectacular day in Fairbanks. I flew a battery at Creamer's Field to check the trim, then had to leave when a bunch of ski-jor racers arrived (check the landing!). I moved to the soccer fields, launched LOS, then switched to video glasses once the plane was stable. I was immediately LOST (tight circles in the video!), but eventually got my bearings. My new CL-OSD was slick. I LOVE seeing battery voltage. I flew out 2400 feet with good video and control. The home arrow seems shakey, but the distance from home shows whether I'm coming or going.

My landings are still a little steep - I haven't figured out how to judge the ground flying FPV. At least the snow is soft!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syKOOVO-SFg

http://youtu.be/uyj1haQ9AyE
how many feet of snow do you got there? We got like two
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:12 PM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,151 Posts
Felt-ripper 23 - About two feet here as well. It's knee-deep walking.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:43 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Mutski,

Nice clips! The Davis Rd landing was quite the abrupt stop! Looked like it pulled enough Gs to shut off the cam.

Your aerial view reminds me a lot of my hometown (Warroad, MN) on the SW shore of Lake of the Woods. Here are a couple clips from my Radian Pro that I shot up there awhile ago. I'm flying LOS from my friend's new RC field, about 4 miles west of the lake.

My first on-board video from the RP. (My second-ever sailplane flight.)

Radian Pro - First on-board video (10 min 4 sec)

Here's my second on-board clip. I've got her trimmed-out a bit better this time, but it was getting dusk.

Radian Pro - second on-board video (7 min 19 sec)

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:35 PM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,151 Posts
My FPV landings are improving. Note to Turboparker - impact didn't shut off the cam, just buried in snow! Nice clips yourself. Looks like you use the motor to get up, then glide on thermals? My landings in sequence: