SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:42 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Hawker Hurricane, MUS, Rare Bear and Flame Wheel got some flight time this morning before the breeze came in strong. Good times.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:26 AM
OEF 10-11
United States, NC, Taylorsville
Joined Oct 2012
261 Posts
Well it was raining before I even woke up, and tomorrow I start my job so I might not be flying till next weekend
new user is online now Find More Posts by new user
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:26 AM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
manage a good hour and half this affo

6 degrees, 6 mph wind bit chilly but sunny so had my F-86 out and my T28 Funfighter

Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:30 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,521 Posts
I have a pack on the charger for the first time since August. Gonna go fly the new Stik plane again, weather be damned. It's 27 degrees out there, so I'll probably skip the coat today. Very, very foggy, but hell... The plane is bright red

I also have a new Turbo Flea almost ready to go as well, complete with some upgrades to the already-spectacular motor. Should be maiden-ready in a few minutes after I post this.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:52 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
I have a pack on the charger for the first time since August. Gonna go fly the new Stik plane again, weather be damned. It's 27 degrees out there, so I'll probably skip the coat today. Very, very foggy, but hell... The plane is bright red

I also have a new Turbo Flea almost ready to go as well, complete with some upgrades to the already-spectacular motor. Should be maiden-ready in a few minutes after I post this.
Welcome home and have fun man!
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
Welcome home and have fun man!
+1. Can you believe this thread you started is still going 2.5 years later and 3,700 posts later? Glad you're back from AK and hopefully defrosting a bit.

Had a ball this weekend flying. Son is getting better at the UM T28, I can't believe a 7 yr old is flying an aileron trainer. It's fun to watch him learn and makes me enjoy the hobby that much more. word on the street is that the big guy in the red suit might have a lead on a super cub. . .
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:20 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,057 Posts
Calm before the storm

Supposed to be blowing up to 50mph today, so when my flying buddy texted me to see if I wanted to sneak out before work this a.m., I was a bit surprised. We got out to the church parking lot, and it was dead calm. Clouds were moving in, but the sun was sneaking under them since it was still early in the a.m.. Got two batteries through the big Sbach and got some nice hovers out of it (nice for me is "don't blink or you'll miss it"). pulled out our two UMX Sbachs next and what a ball that was! two hyper responsive little birds zipping around doing things they aren't meant to do - got to love it! I got a chance to see the new Eflite 540 Edge QQ and had no idea it was that small. chink chink, up the wish list priorities it went! Then he let me fly his new MQX. I had no interest in one until now.

Great morning, and now the wind is howling!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,521 Posts
Well, I finally made it to the field just now. Got a lovely bit of flying in on the red plane I maidened last August, and got a chance to see what this airframe could do. She's quick and maneuverable and rolls like a drill bit on high rates, and on low rates she's steady and solid. This plane will slow down incredibly nicely and will maintain level flight at literally the lowest throttle setting.

I dunno why, but this version seems slower than the original with the throttle pegged. That doesn't make any sense because it's got less drag AND less weight, but maybe I'm just used to faster planes.

But now I've got a brand-spankin'-new Turbo Flea that needs to be maidened. Just finished the build yesterday. This one is the slickest, slipperiest one yet AND the motor is rewound better, so hopefully it'll crack the 110mph barrier. The cold air should help with that, too.

Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:37 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Well, I finally made it to the field just now. Got a lovely bit of flying in on the red plane I maidened last August, and got a chance to see what this airframe could do. She's quick and maneuverable and rolls like a drill bit on high rates, and on low rates she's steady and solid. This plane will slow down incredibly nicely and will maintain level flight at literally the lowest throttle setting.

I dunno why, but this version seems slower than the original with the throttle pegged. That doesn't make any sense because it's got less drag AND less weight, but maybe I'm just used to faster planes.

But now I've got a brand-spankin'-new Turbo Flea that needs to be maidened. Just finished the build yesterday. This one is the slickest, slipperiest one yet AND the motor is rewound better, so hopefully it'll crack the 110mph barrier. The cold air should help with that, too.

110mph ?! Holy moly ! Funny how different folks like different kinds of flying, i seem to be drifting towards the power glider fpv direction, but yet love my twisted hobbys edge 540 and the dynam sbach .. But speed isnt for me love watching you guys zip around though..
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,521 Posts
110mph is peanuts Once I come up with an appropriate ESC for it, my Mega 16/15/2-powered Slipso will be hitting around 160.

Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:54 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,929 Posts
Sick! I want a fast plane!!

I took a few things out on my lunchbreak... The ASbach3X, Edge 540QQ, Logo 400, and my little QR LAdybird. I was having fun with the 808 cam and trying different POV's..

Video is uploading

TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:58 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
110mph is peanuts Once I come up with an appropriate ESC for it, my Mega 16/15/2-powered Slipso will be hitting around 160.

Those look awsome. I get an adrenaline rush just by looking at the turbo flea

A guy at my club got a new 120cc IMAC Yak 54... and used cheap servos. He paid for it on the maiden. I wasn't there for the crash, but when I got there I saw the mess... He said one of the elevator halves failed and the whole thing spun out

I had to try one of the Strykers on 100% rates, and I guess the UMX one is more expandable, so I did that one first. It felt fine, and I tried both. I love them snap rolls!
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:42 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Good to see many of you are getting some flying time. 2 days of work left, then 9 days off.

Hope to be reporting some good flying sessions soon.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:45 AM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
booo heavy rain all week was hoping to get to fly before the end of the world on friday lol
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:18 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,929 Posts
Here's some video from yesterday!

Watch in HD!

Some R/C aircraft onboard video. (6 min 39 sec)
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer