Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
NICE vid - man, that roll rate is INSANE. Scary on that motor wire, I was surprised there was no damage to the LG mounts - nice recovery!
That roll rate is even more bizarre to watch in person -- when I gave the 'Hey watch this!" today, and did a high speed/high rate full-on roll sequence, mouths in the pits just opened up and unhinged. I was totally lucky (zero skill on my part) to have two different passes of maybe 10 complete rolls at a string end up having the plane right side up and exactly wings-level. Seeing that, you'd think I knew what I was doing. So, needless to say, I ignored all cries to "Do it again!" during that flight -- I wanted the artifice of my good piloting to last at least one flight long!

And true to their word at Twisted Hobbys, and good old USPS fast service, my new batteries are here, so now I have four 450mah batteries and a hot new plane to put them into -- so, guess what I'm doing this afternoon?

I'M GOING OUT FLYING!

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:51 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
The snow melted, and I see no wind.

This could be my chance!
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:53 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23 View Post
The snow melted, and I see no wind.

This could be my chance!
Stryker time? Go get 'em!
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:59 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
1,738 Posts
Unexpectedly got the afternoon off. Packing up the Eflite T-34 Mentor, the Mus, and Maxford Ultimate and heading to the field. 65, lite winds and not a cloud in the sky.
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:15 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post
Unexpectedly got the afternoon off. Packing up the Eflite T-34 Mentor, the Mus, and Maxford Ultimate and heading to the field. 65, lite winds and not a cloud in the sky.
I'm green again! Enjoy my friend...enjoy
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
I'm crying on the inside. I have alot of HW To do, and now its dark. NO WIND
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:22 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,371 Posts
LEDs work wonders.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
LEDs work wonders.
True, but I don't wanna mess with it before I've even flown it once
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post
LUCKY!!!!! GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:47 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
That roll rate is even more bizarre to watch in person -- when I gave the 'Hey watch this!" today, and did a high speed/high rate full-on roll sequence, mouths in the pits just opened up and unhinged. I was totally lucky (zero skill on my part) to have two different passes of maybe 10 complete rolls at a string end up having the plane right side up and exactly wings-level. Seeing that, you'd think I knew what I was doing. So, needless to say, I ignored all cries to "Do it again!" during that flight -- I wanted the artifice of my good piloting to last at least one flight long!

And true to their word at Twisted Hobbys, and good old USPS fast service, my new batteries are here, so now I have four 450mah batteries and a hot new plane to put them into -- so, guess what I'm doing this afternoon?

I'M GOING OUT FLYING!

I just love my edge 540 from TH ! Got where i can fly in my front yard with houses ,trees, and high wires ! Although i did land it on roof next door twice and once on the wires little glue and back in the air !
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:02 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
I just love my edge 540 from TH ! Got where i can fly in my front yard with houses ,trees, and high wires ! Although i did land it on roof next door twice and once on the wires little glue and back in the air !
Feel free to post videos of that . . . some of us who are trapped indoors and unable to fly might enjoy living vicariously through you. I'm not talking about ME of course, it's just that I have this friend and all . . .
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:22 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,731 Posts
Ahhh man.. I had bad luck on my lunch break. First the ASbach3X.. Flying all nicey nice, was doing some low/slow harriers and tip stalled to the concrete.. Wasn't a hard hit, but must have been a perfect hit because the nose popped off clean.. Glue and tape, into the trunk to sit..
Take out my Logo 400. Just put FBL head on and AR7200BX. Trying to get it all set up right.. I got it close, but not perfect. Anyway, test hovering, flip it over, and then realized I wasn't in idle up
Too low and slow to recover.
I'm off to shop for parts.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Ahhh man.. I had bad luck on my lunch break. First the ASbach3X.. Flying all nicey nice, was doing some low/slow harriers and tip stalled to the concrete.. Wasn't a hard hit, but must have been a perfect hit because the nose popped off clean.. Glue and tape, into the trunk to sit..
Take out my Logo 400. Just put FBL head on and AR7200BX. Trying to get it all set up right.. I got it close, but not perfect. Anyway, test hovering, flip it over, and then realized I wasn't in idle up
Ughh -that is such a bummer!!!!! The good news is that the nose goes back on the Sbach REALLY well. Don't ask me how (or how many times) I know that. As for the heli - I'm thinking carnage. Ouch. Just glad the week o'crashes ended last week for me . . . knock on wood.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:26 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
flip it over, and then realized I wasn't in idle up

[slow motion sad face]

"N-o-o-o-o-o-o-ooooooooo..........!!!!!!"
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:17 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Feel free to post videos of that . . . some of us who are trapped indoors and unable to fly might enjoy living vicariously through you. I'm not talking about ME of course, it's just that I have this friend and all . . .
Okay here is a short one, only one i have so far.. It is short due to my buddy yakking and got my attention off the plane so i just sit it down I do the same to him, yak yak yak when he is flying, it is a bad habit as the pilot needs to concentrate on the plane I am still quite new to the 3d thing laugh all you want i sure do
11 16 12 edge (1 min 49 sec)
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd