HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:53 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,890 Posts
flew the um spit yesterday for my 2 yr old niece who adores planes (stops playing and scans the sky every time she hears a plane engine while yelling "airplane"). she loved it. hoping she still loves them when she's old enough for me to get her a trainer.
flew the parkflyers this morning. was the foggiest i've ever seen it. surprised no one on the field lost a plane to that.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:10 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
I found it in a spray, which may be even better after 2-3 coats, am I good to use it, would y'all??? THX, Dave /zeezee
I heard the propellant can damage foam. You might want to test it first. Some say to hold the can at a distance so it can evaporate and use very light coats. I've never tried it. I'm thinking about getting an airbrush for this very reason.
onewire is offline Find More Posts by onewire
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:43 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,672 Posts
Flew the big Dynam Sbach yesterday. This was it's third (fourth?) remaiden, so I was a bit nervous. I had just rebuilt the motor mount and LG, so I left the cowling off so at least I'd have THAT pristine if things went south.

It went great! Flew 3 batteries through it - even put the cowling on after the first flight. This plane has more power than she knows what to do with - God help you if you attempt to take off WOT - the yaw it induces is terrifying!

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. Here's what she looks like after 3 serious crashes. For those who are (bizarrely) interested:

Crash 1: Reversed ailerons on Maiden
Crash 2: Harriered landing from 100' due to battery sliding back into fuse
Crash 3: Elevator control horn broke in mid flight

If bad things come in threes, I may finally catch a break with this thing!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:06 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Flew the big Dynam Sbach... Here's what she looks like after 3 serious crashes.

Crash 1: Reversed ailerons on Maiden
Crash 2: Harriered landing from 100' due to battery sliding back into fuse
Crash 3: Elevator control horn broke in mid flight
Sorry to hear about your luck. I hope it's changed - sounds like it has!

I am building the 'little brother' to your plane right now, hopefully be ready to maiden mine tomorrow.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:19 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Well, I didn't get the xp. Instead I GOT THIS...HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA.

Hey, I just realised: I've been flying for exactly a year. So I guess this is the anniverasary present.

Now I have the big and small one. Cant wait to get this thing in the air and own other people in out UM pylon races
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:48 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Sorry to hear about your luck. I hope it's changed - sounds like it has!

I am building the 'little brother' to your plane right now, hopefully be ready to maiden mine tomorrow.
That's gorgeous - who makes it, and how much is it going to cost me to get one air-ready?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:43 PM
I live on LiPos
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
Half the fun of fun of flying is building flying crashing and building again
RcAirplaneNoob is offline Find More Posts by RcAirplaneNoob
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:57 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
RC noob, tell me about it, I have flown my jet succesfully if I can make the hand launch, well I'll be busy tonite Had 2 good fast flights, then nose off! Got back inside and back on my idea of a wing, no help, other than reading, we will see probably tomorrow, almost done. Make a motor mount and glue servo's down, this and that and!! CG and it may fly , it's been fun!! Keeps me out of trouble..Dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:07 PM
OEF 10-11
United States, NC, Taylorsville
Joined Oct 2012
221 Posts
Well I was having a good day untill what I figure tip stall happened. Peices went flying lol.
new user is offline Find More Posts by new user
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:28 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,541 Posts
Was up until 2.30am this morning building my DJI Flame Wheel Quad. I am a fixed wing guy, so this multi-rotor business is all new to me.
The build was pretty simple and the programming of the Naza controller required some extra experience. Thank goodness for RCGroups.

The Missus is away in a +3 timezone and so she rang this morning to say hi and woke me up. I had only had 4 hours sleep.

So, I went to my local field and test flew the Quad. Wow! It's awesome. Picked up how to fly it straight away and I gotta say its terribly addictive. Tested fail-safe by switching off Tx mid-flight and she came right on home and landed.

Put 6 batteries through. Charging as I type this. Got the GoPro fitted for later today for some more flying.

Cool thing is, it is very windy today and I wouldn't fly my planes. But, I can fly the Quad and still get my fix.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:18 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I will be flying tomorrow as I have just the motor mount to bend for my wing and my "destroyed" nose broken off #5..of my Stinger is fixed, I love Gorilla glue...
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:56 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,411 Posts
Hrrrmm. Smells like more crashing than usual is going on lately. Perhaps the planes are getting nervous about the flying season ending?

As for me, I've been nearly three months without so much as seeing a model in person. I keep drooling over pics of my own Slipso that's just waiting for me back home. I probably won't even be able to fly it over Christmas due to snow on the ground
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:13 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
The second the wind dies down... Both strykers are going up
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:06 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
That's gorgeous - who makes it, and how much is it going to cost me to get one air-ready?
It's a HobbyKing 1000mm Sbach342 Version2:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18652

Pic of my completed plane, and short vid of maiden -- it went good:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=24

So as to cost, if you get all the stuff from HK, and don't go hog wild on extras, and already have some 2200mah 3S batts, it will set you back:

Plane ~78
Spinner ~ 7
Prop ~2
35A ESC ~ 13
Park 450 motor ~15
4 HXT900 servos ~ 12

About $120 give or take.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:42 PM
OEF 10-11
United States, NC, Taylorsville
Joined Oct 2012
221 Posts
Got her all fixed up and she flies great.
new user is offline Find More Posts by new user