HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:06 PM
KK4TYF /Baron Von Nick
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,844 Posts
Ouch!
been there done that.
I always keep a throttle kill switch on...its too easy to bump the throttle.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
1,500 Posts
Yeah. Ouch.

Hit the field for a second flight session of the day. Met up with some good buddies and ended up putting in six more batteries on the Eflite Grasshopper, Eflite T-34, MUS. That's nine for the day!

Happy guy!
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:14 PM
KK4TYF /Baron Von Nick
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,844 Posts
The next two days are gonna be good. I'm finally getting to the field for the first time in 3 weeks on tuesday, and tomorrow I get to see my girlfirend (also been like a month).

Sooo real happy, and work at work today I finally got rid of the heli that's been giving me headaches forever.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:08 PM
OEF 10-11
United States, NC, Taylorsville
Joined Oct 2012
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
Ouch!
been there done that.
I always keep a throttle kill switch on...its too easy to bump the throttle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post
Yeah. Ouch.

Hit the field for a second flight session of the day. Met up with some good buddies and ended up putting in six more batteries on the Eflite Grasshopper, Eflite T-34, MUS. That's nine for the day!

Happy guy!
Yea I'm lucky I didn't loose a dang finger. Now I got to figure out why it wants to turn sharply to the right when I give it rudder and doesn't want to turn left when I give it left rudder. Already reset the the servo and the rudder via the control rod. So tomorrow I get to see how everything is gonna go
new user is offline Find More Posts by new user
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:27 AM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,490 Posts
Ouch, looks bad

What aircraft was it that did this?
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:15 AM
OEF 10-11
Joined Oct 2012
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Ouch, looks bad

What aircraft was it that did this?
An ACE RC whizard that has been converted to electric.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:04 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,335 Posts
Burned through all the electrons I had stored yesterday on the MUS and the MPXT. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Good friends, good weather, good flights = great time. Days are shorter now Anybody else hate the time change?
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:11 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,446 Posts
Yes, my group here in North San Diego County feel we will now have to get to the flying field no later than 7 AM so that we can get a good days flying in until the wind comes up; this is all thanks to the time change. Not so much for our large planes and gliders, but a lot of us fly the micro planes and enjoy them alot. I flew my PZ UM Spitfire AS3X yesterday in windy conditions and it was a handful. The wind was about 13-16 mph at the time and although I didn't crash her, it was intersting to say the least. My Parkzone UM T-28 Trojan was ALMOST unflyable. My Parkzone T-28 Trojan (full size) did fine as did my HZ Super Cub and Tower Hobbies F4U Corsair. Gotta love those warbirds for slicing through the wind.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:29 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
Burned through all the electrons I had stored yesterday on the MUS and the MPXT. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Good friends, good weather, good flights = great time. Days are shorter now Anybody else hate the time change?
+1 on that. We can't trust the government to handle our budget, who the heck let them play with TIME!????

Hit the club field yesterday and flew the little Sbach 3D and re-maidened my resurrected GeeBee. AHHHHH what a joy to have it back! And this airframe doesnt' have pidgeon toed landing gear, so a minor mistake on landing is not an issue anymore. It got a lot of comments!

I have to say though, the Sbach is definitely the go to bird right now. Inverted flat spins, hovers, somersaults, and drillbit rolls make this thing so much fun to fly! it's fun to go up against the big birds and replicate their aerobatics on a tiny scale and 3x closer to the ground.

The new Dynam 4S Sbach is sitting downstairs in my basement waiting for this weekend to be set up. I can't WAIT to get that one in the air!!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:24 PM
OEF 10-11
Joined Oct 2012
219 Posts
Went out to a church parking lot and successfully landed and took off without breaking anything. Woot. But as I was taxiing back to my car the rudder control rod broke
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:46 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
796 Posts
Well, My DX6i is repaired and on it's way home. Not that it matters, flying conditions are no good for micros, and thats all I've got. There are gusts, and the little lipos don't like the cold. I flew the UM T28 on an RTF Tx in 10mph winds, and it was a mess in the air.

We got a tiny little bit of snow, and soon I'm gonna wear gloves, which makes flying a whole lot harder
Well, soon it's skiing and snowsoft time
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
796 Posts
Snowsofting in a local forest on the weekend.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:08 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new user View Post
Went out to a church parking lot and successfully landed and took off without breaking anything. Woot. But as I was taxiing back to my car the rudder control rod broke

I fly regularly at a church parking lot as well, and it's always a win when everything comes home intact. One might think that flying at a church parking lot would impart special graces upon the pilot and reduce such mishaps, but alas, I'm afraid being in the parking lot doesn't quite cut it with God. Somehow, it seems a bit sacralegous to fly micros inside, however.

Ah, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Apr 2012
796 Posts
When this thread reaches 10,000 posts, I will drink and smoke a cigar
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:24 PM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday