Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:36 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
KaiWe - GREAT report - sounds like an awesome time! It's great to fly with friends, and when you flying buddy is your son, it just doesn't get any better!

Turbo Racer - I had mine out this a.m. - man, that thing is AWESOME!!!!!!! I flew my Mig this weekend for the first time since I bought the Sbach 3D and it felt like a slug!!! Man, that Sbach has ruined me!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:53 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,781 Posts
Hahaa. I hear ya! Im actually flying a V1 sbach that i put Beast 3d guts in. It flies azing! Unlimited vertical, i love it!

If i cant make my mig faster reliably, it'll be up for sale soon. I like flying it, just gets old after a while. Need some rocket speeds to wake it (and me) up
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:15 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,381 Posts
flew the cub way too low and far this morning. she's still tail heavy and when i lost track of her i figured i'd shut throttle and let her down. broke the fuse just front of tail. put one loop of tape and she was back up in the air. i don't think my spit of trojan would have been that satisfied with one loop of tape. will epoxy her tonight.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,771 Posts
I bought the Parkzone UM AS3X Spitfire on Saturday..........unfortunately it has been raining here since Friday nite in San Diego. No flying this past weekend at all.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:24 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
I bought the Parkzone UM AS3X Spitfire on Saturday..........unfortunately it has been raining here since Friday nite in San Diego. No flying this past weekend at all.
congrats chuck. her scale looks come out nicely on slow flybys. sorry to hear about the rain. weather was dry but heavy overcast up here.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:19 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
I have 12 packs charged for lunch time AS3X Sbach flying!
Just picked up the UMX 3D Sbach myself today, and even with winds steady to 12-15, gusting 17-20, I still could not wait to maiden it, so took it out to the field.

Man, it flew great. As good as it was in the wind, can't wait to get some calmer days to really put her through her paces. Put 3 batteries through her, then decided to not tempt fate with trying to do more in that wind.

I'm running MiniAviation 210s and they seem to be a perfect fit.

Hoping that my buddy from local park will want to go flying at dusk tonight, and that wind will have tamped down some by then. If so, I can grab these currently recharging batteries from the parallel charger, and do it all again!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:25 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Yay, I got my Ember 2 up and running again! Now I can fly in my front yard
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:37 PM
Parkzone collector supreme
Egypt, Cairo Governorate, Cairo
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
What kind of expo are you using for your AS3X planes? I don't need it, but I really need it on my Polecat.
Abdul Ghafur is offline Find More Posts by Abdul Ghafur
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Tracknoob - you are in for a treat - It is fun even in the wind, but when it's calm you'll be amazed at what that thing can do.

Felt Ripper - awesome!! Sorry to hear about your T28. Don't trash it, though, the guts are worth something if you sell them.

Abdul - I am using +30% on the Sbach - you aren't supposed to with AS3X but I was terrified of this thing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:32 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Tracknoob - you are in for a treat - It is fun even in the wind, but when it's calm you'll be amazed at what that thing can do.

Felt Ripper - awesome!! Sorry to hear about your T28. Don't trash it, though, the guts are worth something if you sell them.

Abdul - I am using +30% on the Sbach - you aren't supposed to with AS3X but I was terrified of this thing.
Thanks!

Yup, I saw they were silent on expo in the manual, but I put 30% in mine by habit as well, and it seemed to be about right.

I also not only put in the 70% rates, but 50% rates as well, and it flew nicely (at high altitude on that), but mostly I left it on high, and even with that ridiculously high roll rate at the limits, it still controlled nicely in the middle of the stick, and I could even slow roll it, and easily and slowly alternate between inverted and normal flight.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post

Actually, I lied about that. A little epoxy was all it needed
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,011 Posts
I was wiped out after work. After running a quick errand I took about an hour nap. I woke up around 5:15pm. Checked with the boss and then was at the field at 5:45pm. Put three good flights on the Eflite T-34 in pretty windy conditions. 18mph gusts. Nice slip in landings.
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:49 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,781 Posts
No expo and the innermost holes on all control surfaces for my Sbach Rolls like a drill bit.. I love it.. My expo is programmed into my brain !
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:59 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
Made the most of my day. FPV session before work in relatively windy conditions.

Went to work and put a solid day in.

Driving home I noticed how windy it was, so grabbed my Multiplex Xeno and had an awesome slope soaring session on top of some locals sand dunes.

Awesome!
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:13 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
NO flying this a.m.. Someone scheduled an early meeting when I normally fly. . . .

And then never showed up. And it's DEAD calm out!!
RCG Plus Member