HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:19 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Spent 3 days in Cleveland sans airplanes - needless to say was REALLY happy to be back flying again this a.m.. Weather was cold - thumbs were numb (yeah, I'm a lightweight - it was 46 F, so others would say it was balmy. I tried out my new keychain cam, and am pretty happy with it so far. I have to figure out how to use it intelligently, but for now, I'm just happy I was able to get it to video my flying and get it posted to Youtube. Enjoy. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL0JW...ature=youtu.be
Very nice! Gotta love them Geeb's!
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:00 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Have had a great run of event flying in the busy fall Texas fly in calender.

Flew big bird electrics at the great Bomber Field B-17 Gathering and Gian Scale Fly In on Sept 14-16, seaplanes at the North Dallas RC Club Float fly on Sept 22, the Fort Worth Thunderbirds 50th Anniversary Airshow on Sept 30 and the awesome BEST electric event in New Waverly, TX last weekend. Almost worn out from all the flying.

More fun events coming up! Plus lots of general flying with these cooler temps.
Hey Thomas B - Noticed you are from Ft. Worth. I used to live there and we'd fly at a field near the Bell Helicopter plant. that was probably 30 years ago - is that field still open? By now it's probably a Walmart, I suppose. Just curious.

Windy as today, was hoping to do a little hat camming of my 1S micros in the driveway. Bummer.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:48 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Hey Thomas B - Noticed you are from Ft. Worth. I used to live there and we'd fly at a field near the Bell Helicopter plant. that was probably 30 years ago - is that field still open? By now it's probably a Walmart, I suppose. Just curious.

Windy as today, was hoping to do a little hat camming of my 1S micros in the driveway. Bummer.
Lucky you can fly the 1S planes in your front yard. The only think my yard can handle is the Ember 2
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
Can't remember where you are located, but you getting this wind too?? It's killing me. Dead calm this a.m., but I had a meeting to get to, so no flying then. Thought I could sneak out between meetings for a battery or two, but the wind is conspiring against me. Tempted to pull out my MSRX and dodge leaves, but it may even be two windy for that heli.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Can't remember where you are located, but you getting this wind too?? It's killing me. Dead calm this a.m., but I had a meeting to get to, so no flying then. Thought I could sneak out between meetings for a battery or two, but the wind is conspiring against me. Tempted to pull out my MSRX and dodge leaves, but it may even be two windy for that heli.
I am in Amherst, MA, and flying club is in Hadley. Not much wind, just a crapload of rain. Well, I hope the wind dies down soon

How's that Geebee? I might get one
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
GeeBee is my go to airplane! Not sure what your skill level is, but I got mine after I got pretty good at the full sized T28 and the UM Mustang. It's hard to land, but it's a FUN airplane to fly - it loves to do Knife Edges, and has plenty of power. It's an awesome bird.

However, if you are looking for something more aerobatic - you may want to consider the new AS3X Sbach that is coming out at the end of this month. VERY cool bird.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ology-EFLU4950

UMX Sbach 342 3D BNF Basic with AS3X Technology by E-flite (2 min 24 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,347 Posts
Quote:
Same up here in Hagerstown. Not bad when I left for the field, but as usual by the time I got there it had picked up. By the time I left it was blowing 15, gusting over 20. Only got in 3 flights on the new Corsair and one on the PZ P-51. The Corsair was wagging its tail like a very happy dog in the wind, but dealt with it much better than version 1. The Mustang was a hand full for sure. it still survived though, even though I had an early landing on one pass. After 1 pass at WOT about 4ft high I listened to the peanut gallarys "lower!" request. Made another at a little under 3'. The next one I was at about 2' and half throttle just about to go WOT and hit a bit of sink. Next thing you know it hit the ground, spit the canopy and battery and did a cartwheel. No real damage though, didn't even break the prop. Small crack in the outer half of the fuse at the back of the hatch is all that came from the cartwheel. Nothing a few drops of thin CA can't handle. A couple coats of Polycrylic really helps hold these things together.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
WOW - how do you like the pz mustang compared to the new corsair?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:57 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,347 Posts
Quote:
WOW - how do you like the pz mustang compared to the new corsair?
I'm a Corsair nut so I'll always lean toward the Corsair. That being said, the Mustang is a great little plane that can fly just about anywhere in stock form. I sort of need a wide open area for mine though. Power 15, 9x9apcE prop and a 4s pack makes it cover ground pretty fast. With a 4s 3200 pack it's actually a little heavier than the Corsair and has a smaller wingspan so it doesn't like slow that much, but both get 10 of 10 on the fun scale.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:34 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,198 Posts
Finally got some flying in. Stopped by the field after work. 2 on the MUS, 2 on the Ultimate. The front landing gear collasped on my little T-34 doing a touch and go . Shouldn't be too difficult to repair.
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:40 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,417 Posts
going to try to squeeze in some flights tomorrow. fingers crossed. charging batteries now!
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
After school, I'm going out flying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:59 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,866 Posts
The rain finally stopped got my UMX Mig 15 & Beast 3S 3D in the trunk for lunch time. My 300x is still dead from last crash
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
GeeBee is my go to airplane! Not sure what your skill level is, but I got mine after I got pretty good at the full sized T28 and the UM Mustang. It's hard to land, but it's a FUN airplane to fly - it loves to do Knife Edges, and has plenty of power. It's an awesome bird.

However, if you are looking for something more aerobatic - you may want to consider the new AS3X Sbach that is coming out at the end of this month. VERY cool bird.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ology-EFLU4950

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG-h7YsL0Zs
Thats the sort of thing I'm looking for. I'm pretty bored with my Um T28, and I can do every maneuver aerodynamically possible on it. I am looking for a more aerobatic plane, these could be it.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23 View Post
Thats the sort of thing I'm looking for. I'm pretty bored with my Um T28, and I can do every maneuver aerodynamically possible on it. I am looking for a more aerobatic plane, these could be it.
If you like the 1S warbirds, check out what the UM mustang can do. It is an AWESOME little bird - I have a bravo SX motor in this one, but it rocked even with the stock motor.
Mustang Madness 1 (2 min 29 sec)
RCG Plus Member