HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:25 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,059 Posts
Going out flying this AM !
Car is loaded with electrics and a gasser.
FMS 1.4m P47, 1.2m Dynam BF109, Kyosho FW190
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:47 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Got to fly for 6 hours together with my son before the wind picked up and we swapped to RC cars and motorbikes

Hobbyking Wilga Low'n Slow :) (2 min 0 sec)

Flew the HK Wilga 35a in the same space as my son flew his Champ first thing in the morning before the morning fog cleared up and we swapped to bigger planes... Champ, Firebird Stratos and Stick for my son, HK Wilga, Yak 54, Stryker F27Q and Aeroworks Extra 260 for me
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:24 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
Going out flying this AM !
Car is loaded with electrics and a gasser.
FMS 1.4m P47, 1.2m Dynam BF109, Kyosho FW190
Loved my Kyosho FW-190. Twice
Looks like tomorrow morning will be good to maiden the new PZ F4U Corsair. Have to go with the stock fixed gear till I get the retracts. Should still fly just fine, but it will look much better with the gear up. That and the PZ P-51 should still make for a good morning. Then it will be off to work again. Pulling another 7 day run so Friday is the next day off.
If I plant any more planes I think it may finally be time to break out the DXT and start flying Carbon Express 350 Hunters for the rest of the fall.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:26 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,779 Posts
I just got back from a great 2.5 ours of flying. Our session was cut short by a friend's issue with his Sky Hawk. He was riding thermals when he lost all control. Well, we ran and watched the plane slowly come down in large circles until it landed in an abandoned construction lot. She landed nicely too, with no damage.

I finally put up my Tower Hobbies F4U Corsair after about 3 weeks of failure. I completely swapped out the electronics and put in an Orange Rx and new 30 amp ESC that Tower sent me free. The plane flew great. I had a less than stellar landing, but the flight was excellent. Flew the Gamma 370 and HZ Firebird Stratos, no drama there. All in all a great day of flying.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:59 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,038 Posts
Well. The rain has passed through. Now we have 28mph gusts. . Argh! One more week of my night shift.
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:02 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
For the last 3 weeks it's been BEAUTIFUL flying weather during the week, but I'll be damned the weekend rolls around...rain all weekend. I'm seriously contemplating letting #1 Son blow off school so we can go flyin' for a change...this is getting ridiculous...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Not a cloud in the sky today! Charging batteries and drinking coffee...
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, KY, Booneville
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
Just got back flew 3 batteries in the Champ and 4 in the UmT-28... very productive day. Also put 4 batteries threw the 120sr and the MCPX 2 lost a battery for the mcpx in the field some where..lol Note to self hole in pocket = lost batteries..
medic45 is offline Find More Posts by medic45
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:38 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,541 Posts
Looks like many of you are getting some good flying in.

It's going to be warm here today. Going for a top of 34 degrees C. Not bad for a spring day.
Was planning on going on a recovery mission on my boat today. One of my buddies lost his quad in the ocean yesterday, a couple of hundred meters off a limestone harbour wall. Unfortunately the wind is pumping and it will be too dangerous, especially with the fringing reef there.
So my Missus and I are cranking up the BBQ today and enjoying some time hanging out at home.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, KY, Booneville
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Looks like many of you are getting some good flying in.

It's going to be warm here today. Going for a top of 34 degrees C. Not bad for a spring day.
Was planning on going on a recovery mission on my boat today. One of my buddies lost his quad in the ocean yesterday, a couple of hundred meters off a limestone harbour wall. Unfortunately the wind is pumping and it will be too dangerous, especially with the fringing reef there.
So my Missus and I are cranking up the BBQ today and enjoying some time hanging out at home.
Sounds like a lot of fun....
medic45 is offline Find More Posts by medic45
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:11 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,059 Posts
Flying was great today. Clear blue skies and mild mild winds. Don't know where everybody was but the field was ours (4 guys) I flew from the Kyosho 50 3 or 4 times, the 82 Saito really pulls it around good. Made one deadstick landing on the runway My Dynam BF109 flies better than any 109, must be the scale liberties the designers took
And the Airfield P47 with the big Cobra motor raped the skies with high speed passes but disappointed in airframe performance.
All in ALL > It was an excellent day out flying!
Thanks to all that gave advice that helped make it possible.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:36 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
4,003 Posts
Yesterday was another great flying day!
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
Yesterday was another great flying day!
Those are some nice birds!
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Windy flying day but everything came back in one piece Tried an 11*5 instead of a 10*6 on my Pete n Poke for the first time, on the same TT gp .42. Oh my god, what a difference. This one guy had been begging me to try it for awhile but I wanted to make sure the engine was totally broken in since 10*6 was recommended to start. Long story short it takes off a lot easier and at less than fire-walled throttle. Also slowed for landing easier, and is in general much more inclined to climb at anything over 40% gas. Polaris fought the wind and won, same with the Spacewalker. Landing took a few passes but it made me feel awesome when I got everything down picture perfect after a couple throttle adjustments on final.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:21 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Man, what a great weekend. Saturday, my 7 year old surprised me with his sudden abilityt to fly the Champ, but yesterday took the cake.

My wife took our daughter to ballet practice, so I took the boys back to the flying field for a couple hours of flying. The place was PACKED! I think every member was there, each with everyone of their airplanes. it was a zoo, but the good kind. I got to see the new PZ Corsair in action and wow, I couldn't be more impressed.

I was a little disappointed to see all the people there, however, since the likelihood of my son getting to fly the champ on the runway again was slim to none. However, after a bunch of warbirds went up for a dog fight, everyone came down at the same time and there was a VERY small window of opportunity to steal the runway. I threw the champ down on the runway (feeling a bit guilty for sneaking him in, but I'd promised he could do it at least once). I gave my son the transmitter and he took off, flew it around, and then put it right down on the centerline, like he had the day before. Pretty cool from my perspective. What I didn't realize, however, is that he'd apparently been noticed by everyone behind us. I was sitting there feeling self conscious and guilty about letting him fly, and one of the members came up to me and started asking me questions like "does that thing have a gyro in it?" "no, just a stock champ, why?" "wow, I guess your son's been practicing a lot on the flight simulator" "No, actually, we dont' have one. This is really his second day doing this - kind of surprised me too".

At that point, the guy turns around an shouts out to the crowd - "Hey - this is this kids second day on the sticks! That thing doesn't have a gyro!" I turned around and see everyone watching him. And that's when my son gets a little over confident and sends the champ on an out-of-control lap on the wrong side of the fence, buzzing the onlookers.

He regained control, however, circled it around, and again, put it right on the runway. It came to a stop, and the entire field breaks into applause.

Man, what a cool day to be a Dad.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings