Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:56 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,755 Posts
Flew yesterday in 10-12 mph winds here in SoCal. I put my HZ Stratos and HZ Super Cub up, and realized that the wind was just too much for the FB Stratos. The Super Cub flew nicely, but landing her was a real chore since there was a crosswind on the runway. I got them both down safe, but decided to call it a day after about 45 minutes.

Felt, that's why I alwasy keep at least one plane ready to fly so I don't have to wait if some of my other planes are down. Usually I keep either the HZ FB Stratos, HZ Super Cub or Ares Gamma 370 flyable.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:11 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,371 Posts
Headed for the field with the Mini Pulse Xt and The Mine Ultra stick (all which fit in my Mini). It's going to be a Mini day of flying. Have a great day flying ya'll!
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:24 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,995 Posts
On the way to the pool..my sister has practice, and they have a big parking lot. My cessna is coming with
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:05 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,995 Posts
5 good flights, sorta biffed one landing though. Definitely breezy, but not enough to ruin the fun

I have to have a fairly steep approach when I'm flying there, so it's always full flaps and just a touch of throttle on final. The wind dropped out on me when i was about 3 feet off the ground and I almost pancaked it, but got away with just a slightly scuffed wingtip.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:42 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
Headed for the field with the Mini Pulse Xt and The Mine Ultra stick (all which fit in my Mini). It's going to be a Mini day of flying. Have a great day flying ya'll!
LOL! Excellent. Hope to make it out this weekend. Weather permitting.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:19 PM
Master of the 1 point landing
United States, IN, New Palestine
Joined Aug 2011
185 Posts
I took a break from my Piper cub build to fly my Finch. I ran through 4 batteries on what was an almost perfect and windless twilight. Unfortunately, a slight gust sent my 1oz floater towards one of our trees. I cut the throttle and tried to dive away, but she settled into a branch about 20feet up. I grabbed the 14 foot tree trimmer and rescued her. No scratches and still flying beautifully.
can't wait to get the Cub in the air.
ckimmey is offline Find More Posts by ckimmey
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:32 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
Long weekend all ahead of me with great weather expected.

I am keen to do some gliding and also some FPV flying. Will also pull out the MUS and if the evenings are good, a night session or two.

Can't wait!
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:14 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Definitely headed out tomorrow a.m. - going to the club field with the GeeBee, the T-28, and the Mig - along with every battery I got and my charger! The new PZ Corsair is probably sitting at the hobby shop, which is down the road from the flying field, but I have to remember that it is my wife's Birthday, not mine.

Must. Resist. Temptation. . . . .

Put a Bravo SX motor in my UM Mustang and UM Corsair, and got the new wing on my UM Corsair figured out. Man, what a difference it made for the mustang. The thing is such a rocket now!

CKimney - what is a "finch?" Can you post a pic?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:43 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
Close encounter of the Eagle kind:

Skywalker versus Eagle - Round 2 (0 min 41 sec)
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:48 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Close encounter of the Eagle kind:

https://vimeo.com/50359776
Nice shot! I think he's got it out for you Grazer
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:08 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,258 Posts
Back to work today so no flying for a while. Going to take a while to shake off yesterday. Second flight of the big Corsair went well, including the landing. Third flight was good up till the 7 minute mark. Then came carnage.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2rider View Post
Back to work today so no flying for a while. Going to take a while to shake off yesterday. Second flight of the big Corsair went well, including the landing. Third flight was good up till the 7 minute mark. Then came carnage.
Say it aint so - what happened to your Big Corsair??????

Grazer - I'm looking forward to round 3 with that Eagle. You need to install a rear mount cam along with a rubber pellet gun to teach that thing not to sneak up on your six!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,258 Posts
Engine died headed for the far end of the field. I was about half way through the turn before I realised what had happened. Yelled DEAD STICK and dropped gear. At that point I was over the end of the field, but still in a bank. Got it level, saw gear were down and jammed the el forward to try and get the nose down. Just getting wing level scrubbed what speed I had left so down el did nothing as I watched it stop for a split second before dropping the right wing and heading for the deck. 35lbs of engine and lumber dropping from near 70 feet did not end well. Gone but not forgotten, and a lesson learned. My H9 P-47 150 will be getting an electric motor.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:55 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
OH NO!!!! Sorry to hear about that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:18 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,755 Posts
Ouch, I have seen that before. I have a cursed electric Tower Hobbies Corsair that did the exact same thing last weekend. I fixed her up and am going to put her up again this Sunday.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69