HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
1,498 Posts
I've been stuck at work all week watching the beautiful weather out the window.

Finally got out this aftenoon and put 12 batteries through the T-34, Maxford Ultimate, MUS, Eflite Grasshopper, and Herr J-3.

and my 11 yr old daughter put a great flight in on the J-3 as well.

Life is good!
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:18 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,722 Posts
It rained all day today. All. day. It almost never does that in South Florida.

So, loaded up and ready to go for tomorrow are:
* Parkzone P47 (4 ea 2200mah)
* Mini Ultra Stick (3 ea 1800mah)
* Crack Pitts (4 ea 450 mah)
* 70mm RC lander F9 (4 ea 3300 mah)

Wish me luck! If the weather holds, that's up to 15 flights without recharging; that should scratch my itch!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:08 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,213 Posts
Had a great flying day at the North Dallas R/C Club Float Fly at Lake Lewisville.

Ran 11 batteries through the Dynam PBY, the 1.8m Icon, the 1.09m Icon, the Electrifly Seawind and a friend's Eflite Apprentice on floats. Killer seaplane weather.....wind of about 2-3mph max, nice morning temps. Starting flying a little after 9 and had to leave around 2PM do do a little work.

Great event put on by a great club. Not a lot of other electrics there besides mine...there were two 150% Polaris models, a normal size balsa NorthStar converted to electric, two PZ Icons, a Slow Stick on floats and a PZ Super Cub on floats.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:16 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,451 Posts
Maiden of my new eyes today. Only 3 days after corrected vision laser surgery I had a flight on my MUS. Perfect!

Didn't want to stress the healing process, so left it at that. Watched my mates fly a variety of birds though which was just as good.
Grazer is online now Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:07 AM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
796 Posts
Ordered some gear: New fuse for the T28, repair gear for the ember 2, some more batteries, and some monokote. Until it arrives, I'm grounded from flying. I can still watch the guys at the club fly the big 3D ships
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:13 AM
KK4TYF /Baron Von Nick
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,842 Posts
I'm up early (for a weekend!) to go out and fly before I go to work at the hobby shop (and I might fly in the parking lot there if it's slow anyway )
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:17 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post

Finally got out this aftenoon and put 12 batteries through the T-34, Maxford Ultimate, MUS, Eflite Grasshopper, and Herr J-3.

Life is good!
That's AWESOME - you gotta love it when the kids fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
It rained all day today. All. day. It almost never does that in South Florida.

So, loaded up and ready to go for tomorrow are:
* Parkzone P47 (4 ea 2200mah)
* Mini Ultra Stick (3 ea 1800mah)
* Crack Pitts (4 ea 450 mah)
* 70mm RC lander F9 (4 ea 3300 mah)

Wish me luck! If the weather holds, that's up to 15 flights without recharging; that should scratch my itch!
Good luck - man that sounds like some good times. I'm jealous and expect a full report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Had a great flying day at the North Dallas R/C Club Float Fly at Lake Lewisville.

Ran 11 batteries through the Dynam PBY, the 1.8m Icon, the 1.09m Icon, the Electrifly Seawind and a friend's Eflite Apprentice on floats. Killer seaplane weather.....wind of about 2-3mph max, nice morning temps. Starting flying a little after 9 and had to leave around 2PM do do a little work.

Great event put on by a great club. Not a lot of other electrics there besides mine...there were two 150% Polaris models, a normal size balsa NorthStar converted to electric, two PZ Icons, a Slow Stick on floats and a PZ Super Cub on floats.
WOW. jeez, that's just mental eye candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Maiden of my new eyes today. Only 3 days after corrected vision laser surgery I had a flight on my MUS. Perfect!

Didn't want to stress the healing process, so left it at that. Watched my mates fly a variety of birds though which was just as good.
Good to hear the eyeballs came through well! I know that if I forget to put my contacts in, which I frequently do, it ruins my day of flying. I simply can't land. Can't imagine how nice it woudl be without worrying about it.

After a flippin hurricane here yesterday (when I could fly), it's nice and calm today. But, of course, I can't fly today.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Apr 2012
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post

Life is good!
I hope I stick with it long enough to see my kids fly. I bet by then all the tx's will be tablet-like things. If I do, I will help them financially. My parents made me get a job to fly
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:53 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
I'm jealous and expect a full report!
And so I shall provide it!

Weather held up well enough (was drizzling at the end a bit) and I was able to do most of what I set out to do:

* Parkzone P47 (3 batts)
* Mini Ultra Stick (3 batts)
* Crack Pitts (did not fly -- since it hangs in the spare room, I forgot to load it!)
* 70mm RC lander F9 (2 batts)

The P47 flew great, but taxi'ing was brutal due to mud and torn up soggy field with water pooled on it. Still, once I got it moving, I just kept going! It's now muddy, but proud!

MUS was the only one that I could actually reliably taxi right from the flying stand to the field and back. Good old reliable.

RC Lander F9 flew great, since it is hand launch/belly land. I was able to put it in the middle of the field in the driest part for landing so it stayed pretty clean and dry.

All in all, a great day at the field even though weather was gray and threatening!

One of the members even brought a big Cessna-type plane with floats on it today, and it took off and landed fine from the soggy field.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:58 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,619 Posts
Going out today to maiden my Polaris! Also bringing the Pete n Poke and Spacewalker.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:58 PM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2008
497 Posts
Six flights today, two of them over 30 minutes.
Didn't break anything or hit myself this time!
Ranandar is offline Find More Posts by Ranandar
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23 View Post
I hope I stick with it long enough to see my kids fly. I bet by then all the tx's will be tablet-like things. If I do, I will help them financially. My parents made me get a job to fly
Do yourself a favor. Go hug your parents for doing that. I didn't like it either when I was a kid. Then i went off to college and watched all those kids whose folks gave them everything wash out or fail later in life. Now i have plenty to buy airplanes and they are still learning how to work. And do your kids the same favor. Hardest thing for a parent is NOT giving their kids everything they want.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,635 Posts
Btw flew the t28 with its new esc. Great couple o flights till i almost crucified it. Theres a big wooden cross right off my (church) runway and a nasty crosswind (pun not intended) that caught me right at take off. Would have been awkward next Sunday to have a speared t28 on that cross!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Apr 2012
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Do yourself a favor. Go hug your parents for doing that. I didn't like it either when I was a kid. Then i went off to college and watched all those kids whose folks gave them everything wash out or fail later in life. Now i have plenty to buy airplanes and they are still learning how to work. And do your kids the same favor. Hardest thing for a parent is NOT giving their kids everything they want.
I guess you're right. I will understand that better when I grow up, but yea, it makes sense.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,635 Posts
I hated it too. And my folks were particularly good about not giving me anything. Now that i have kids though i realize how hard it must have been on em.
RCG Plus Member