HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:16 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehrdo View Post
Mind sending some of it this way? It's waaay too hot and dry here.

On a bright note, that means little wind which equals lots of flying time.
I would love to send some your way as the rain got me again. We had terrible drought last year (wildfires and such) so I know how you feel. Going to try again this evening. Hope you get a break from the heat .
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:22 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post
Last evening I put 3 flights on my MUS, a flight on my Eflite grassopper (with keychain cam), and the maidened my Maxford USA Ultimate bipe. It went ok. It was way out of trim. It took me a few curcuits to get it trimmed level. It's fast with a Power up 450 speed and APC 10x4.7sf, but managable. On landing the landing gear broke free and one of the wheel pants went through the wing. It's all fixed now. I'll take it back out in a couple days.
Sorry to hear about the bipe but glad you got her fixed. I've been wanting a bipe and have been curious to how well you like it. Our club is having our annual July Picnic this Saturday. If you get a chance, stop on by
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:39 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
Sorry to hear about the bipe but glad you got her fixed. I've been wanting a bipe and have been curious to how well you like it. Our club is having our annual July Picnic this Saturday. If you get a chance, stop on by
We'll I haven't really had a chance to feel it out. This one is pretty small. At a 30" WS its pretty twitchy. The first flight was just getting it trimmed out and then I had the landing gear failure. I'll let you know the next go around.

I would love to make the picnic, but they have me working weekends these days.
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:17 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,410 Posts
Uggghhh.... Haven't flown for awhile. The weather's been hot and windy lately.

Seems to have stabilized a little, though, so with any luck I'll be able to hit the field tomorrow.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:50 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Bought myself a new mini Pulse yesterday and a Power Up 480 speed, 40amp ESC and 4 of their (HURC) iflite 9gr. servo's. I used those servo's on a 41" 3DHS Edge and they performed well. It will be here noon tomorrow. Needed something to keep in the back of my truck.. Zee
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:16 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,885 Posts
I'm excited. I am expecting my new Flyzone Focke-Wulf 190 today. I can't wait to get her built and trimmed for her maiden tomorrow. Ain't life grand?
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:25 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,380 Posts
I flew a couple batteries through the Extra 300 32E yesterday evening. Rain was rearing it's ugly head again but quickly dissapated and made for a nice evening. Charging up batteries tonight for the club picnic tomorrow. Food, flying and fun...3 F's
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
I flew a couple batteries through the Extra 300 32E yesterday evening. Rain was rearing it's ugly head again but quickly dissapated and made for a nice evening. Charging up batteries tonight for the club picnic tomorrow. Food, flying and fun...3 F's

Wish I could make it. Have a great time!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:56 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post
Wish I could make it. Have a great time!
Bummer that you have to work CW We 'll get together soon I'm sure.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:57 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,541 Posts
Put 10 batteries through my Eflite Mini Ultra Stick today.

I can't start to describe the routine I put it through today. That plane is so good.
Everyone should have one in their hangar.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:29 AM
Meh close enough.
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
I'll be visiting my uncle's house sometime in the coming 2 weeks. There I will be picking up my Wilga 2000 floatplane, replacement windshield for the PC-6, and some batteries, motors and other accessories. Can't wait!
minivation is offline Find More Posts by minivation
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Put 10 batteries through my Eflite Mini Ultra Stick today.

I can't start to describe the routine I put it through today. That plane is so good.
Everyone should have one in their hangar.
Put 3 in on mine last evening. I agree this plane is a blast. I'm running mine on the stock motor with an APC 11x4.7SF and sometimes a APC 11x7SF. What are you running yours on?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:41 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,588 Posts
Cracking day today, zero wind, got sunnier as the day went on, with just a few spots of rain, lots of flying and even a few thermals, to boot. Best flying weather for a month, though the field was a bit boggy and my FW190 collected a huge divot on landing No real damage done though.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:30 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,885 Posts
I maidened my Flyzone FW 190 Select Scale today. Man what a blast. I couldn't believe how slow or fast this thing can fly. I had a mishap on landing and broke one of the landing gear struts, but a little CA and she was as good as new. This plane is just plain awesome. I couldn't believe how easy she is to fly and very quiet too. I just need to learn how to land her better.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:38 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
I maidened my Flyzone FW 190 Select Scale today. Man what a blast. I couldn't believe how slow or fast this thing can fly. I had a mishap on landing and broke one of the landing gear struts, but a little CA and she was as good as new. This plane is just plain awesome. I couldn't believe how easy she is to fly and very quiet too. I just need to learn how to land her better.
you're making me jealous chuck. racing through the low wing planes at this rate the t28 won't have anything left to teach you
anyways, congrats on your maiden.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl