Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:43 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
Job interview at hobbytown usa today. Wish me luck
No flying till Sunday.
Good luck, but I think you're overqualified. You actually know about planes, motors and the like. You'll have to practice your deer in the headlight stare.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:50 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,380 Posts
I went flying alright. She didn't do 85, but she flew like a champ for about 3 minutes.

Story here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...164993&page=13 Post #185

Calm winds and smooth landing to all this weekend!

HBGB
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:19 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
I went flying alright. She didn't do 85, but she flew like a champ for about 3 minutes.

HBGB
Wow, hate when that happens. she was a beauty.
I got flights 56,57,58 in the H9 corsair no problem. Tested a 9x9 on the PZ Spit and that didn't go quite as well. The prop works ok I didn't really notice much of a speed increase over the 10x8 though. Till it was time to land that is. Ended up going around four times just to get it slow enough that I didn't have to walk far to pick it up. Only problem was by the fourth try it was so slow I didn't have much control and a little cross wind pushed it a bit closer to the fence than I liked. Actually far enough that it clipped the end of the wing on the fence post. Little cosmetic damage is all. One wing tip isn't some much of an elipse anymore. it know has a nice spot for a light, or I could clip an inch off the other wing and reshape. Still flys the way it is though.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,139 Posts
Quote:

HBGB
So Sad. Sorry buddy.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:43 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post
So Sad. Sorry buddy.
It's alright man. It was still a lot of fun and that's what it's all about right?
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,139 Posts
Quote:
It's alright man. It was still a lot of fun and that's what it's all about right?
4sure!
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:24 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Yesterday, We had our club meeting and got 6 new members. One of them was this little kid who looked like he was about 8. He brought 2 quadcopters, and he started flying them like a pro! I couldn't believe it. His dad had a bunch of giant 3d helis. No new wings this month!
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Just got back from a near perfect flying day. A little windy, probably 10mph with occasional gusts, but still within limits. Flew my Pete n Poke for about 6 minutes and landed, one approach and abort, one close to perfect landing. Flew 2 batteries through the Stealth Sport (that I again just fixed from crashing it yesterday due to a bad solder joint), no mishaps today!
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:46 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
Life is good....made it to Thunderbird Field three days in a row! Lots of good flying.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
The day started out good, low wind conditions and the thermometer only reading 101 F. It ended rather horribly though, about 25 min into my 3rd flight I experienced radio issues. The fail-safe cut the engine and the Rx came back just in time for me to level out before my Senior Kadet sank below the tree line.

I spent the next 3 hours trudging through dense thickets and only finding parts from other plane wrecks. I called it quits once blood started soaking through my long pants and I ran out of water. I'll head back out on monday with a machete and a proper GPS to set up a search pattern.

I nearly walked into 4 webs with these guys on them, they tend to make their webs right at face level.
Eclipse_7 is online now Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:24 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,700 Posts
nice flying with the t28 today. cub's gonna stay at home until i can persuade my dad to start flying. he's on the sim now.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jul 07, 2012, 12:03 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,404 Posts
Today I installed electronics and maidened the Hawk Sky I got last summer. It was windy today but I chanced it anyway.

First flight was a failure. This plane needs to be launched with the nose pointing very much up

Second flight was terrifying. I had accidentally left the flaperon mix enabled on the model memory slot I was using, but this plane's ailerons are on a Y-lead. You guessed it... Accidentally hit the switch before I got to the field, resulting in an extreme right aileron position. Landed somehow and fixed that.

Third flight was much better. The wind was still enough to ball up a Slow Stick, but the Hawk Sky seemed to do fairly well with its insane pitchspeed. Actually, I was quite impressed with its speed in general. It's not super-fast (probably ~50mph) but it's a heck of a lot faster than I expected. Climbing performance is nice as well with the motor and prop I put on it.

Overall I actually like this plane. It'll be a good night flyer and/or AV platform, and I specifically set it up so I could fly it with my buddy box setup. As much as I love my Slow Stick, this thing is definitely a better trainer.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:36 AM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,091 Posts
Summer in Norway

This is the weather forecast for the whole week. That's why i am not flying. We call this season green winter.
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:12 AM
Meh close enough.
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_7 View Post
The day started out good, low wind conditions and the thermometer only reading 101 F. It ended rather horribly though, about 25 min into my 3rd flight I experienced radio issues. The fail-safe cut the engine and the Rx came back just in time for me to level out before my Senior Kadet sank below the tree line.

I spent the next 3 hours trudging through dense thickets and only finding parts from other plane wrecks. I called it quits once blood started soaking through my long pants and I ran out of water. I'll head back out on monday with a machete and a proper GPS to set up a search pattern.

I nearly walked into 4 webs with these guys on them, they tend to make their webs right at face level.
Sorry about that.
As an arachnophobic, I would dare not tread those trails...
minivation is offline Find More Posts by minivation
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:04 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,541 Posts
Got a couple of flights on Habu today, which was a warm up for my very first FPV flight on my Bixler.

All went well and has opened a whole new dimension to this hobby for me. It was awesome!
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member