Flew!! today and NO nerves, I'm thinkin,,time at the stik.... G-R-D......ZEE
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:03 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,811 Posts
I want to but at age 53 and temps in the 100,s Ill wait a week or so .
Even at dawn the temps are in the upper 80's and dew point just as high.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:56 AM
Meh close enough.
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
Maybe someone pointed this out before but this thread should actually be called the "I just came back from flying" thread.

Just came in from having a spur-of-the-moment flight - gave my Lanyu 747 a toss. I had to do some motor mount fixes plus that my right aileron was starting to flutter. Both fixes worked great. The as-for-now unbalanced 8x6 prop vibrates pretty violently and the whole airplane sounds like some sort of kitchen mixer on wings. Return-To-Service flight completed. Next up: BlitzRC Skylane.
minivation is offline Find More Posts by minivation
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:51 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Just got back from flying my T28. It never fails to surprise me how many things this plane can do. I did a high alpha inverted pass and some sweet knife edge.
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
I want to but at age 53 and temps in the 100,s Ill wait a week or so .
Even at dawn the temps are in the upper 80's and dew point just as high.
I'm 62 and in S. AL it has been 100's also. We still fly. If you have shade to sit in and a lot of cool drinking water, it isn't so bad. We haven't turned on the A/C in the clubhouse yet.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:53 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,577 Posts
High 90s here today and a touch windy, with wind at 10 with strong gusts to 15 or 18.

We had a nice club gathering at Thunderbird Field and had a small club fun fly.
Three rounds of 10 second climb and glide and three rounds of doing as many loops as possible in a 60 second period.

Ten guys competed. nine of the models were either .40 size sport glow models, or .40 size glow specialized fun fly models. We all put 5 bucks in the pot and winner took all.

I was the only guy flying electric... I entered my very stock Eflite Mini Pulse, with Park 480 power and 3S 2200 cells.

The Mini Pulse is a nice clean model, with a fairly thin wing, low wing loading and low drag landing gear. It got awesome altitude with a 10 second motor run and got a 79 second flight, a 119 second flight and a 123 second flight with a little thermal help on the last two flights that benefitted tis clean and fairly light model.

In the 60 second loop event I got 22 loops, 23 loops and 23 loops, outdoing even the speialized fun fly models...

So, the sole electric model and myself were the winners of 50 bucks cold hard cash, plus extra bragging rights over the glow models...

Also got flights in on my Starmax B-17, Starmax A-1 Skyraider, LR-1A Pogo and Aeronca Champ 15E. Never got the rest of the models out of the trailer. Home about dark thirty with fireworks off in the distance in many places.

And, had some good BBQ!

A very good July 4th in my book!
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jul 05, 2012, 11:48 AM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
today is our club's monthly business meeting. We talk about money and stuffs. I like them because everybody comes an hour before the meeting to fly, so its like a big open-house get-together thing.
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:19 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,961 Posts
:I had a great 4th fly too. Went out around 7:30 AM and flew till almost 11 AM. Unfortunately I didn't get to fly my Trojan as I am still waiting for the ESC. Flying my HZ Champ, HZ Super Cub and HZ Firebird Stratos was great though and had fun flying with the 2 other guys at the field. Incidently, here in North San Diego County (Oceanside, CA) it was overcast all day, and the temp NEVER got above 65 degrees, despite the weather forcast of low 80's.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Jul 05, 2012, 02:10 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,384 Posts
I think I'll hit the field today with my latest 63" Gee Bee and see what she can do. I'm hoping for 85mph. We'll see
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:27 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
What are you running in it? I have my H9 60" P-51 running a 5055/650kv on 6S's and getting about 80mph w/15-10 prop. Took alot of time to figure out all this electric stuff, but once you do ZEE....BTW, how does the GBee fly?
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:58 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
What are you running in it? I have my H9 60" P-51 running a 5055/650kv on 6S's and getting about 80mph w/15-10 prop. Took alot of time to figure out all this electric stuff, but once you do ZEE....BTW, how does the GBee fly?
I have 2. One is a EF power 46. The one I"m flying today is a Scorpion 3026-12 with a 5s 5000mah on an 11 x 7 prop. It'll be in 999watts range on 6 1/2 lb plane. The calcs show to about 85mph but I have my doubts. I'll find out It flies great but it is a Senior Y Sportster and is more like the Pulse instead of a football with winglets
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:31 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,808 Posts
It is perfect weather today and its 3:30pm and I still haven't gotten my act together to fly! Going to be electric only today I think... my nitro Pete n Poke still scares me and requires too much schlepping of random stuff. If the weather holds tomorrow I'll go for it though. Just bought a second brand new Hyperion 850mah 3s and picked up the right adapter so I can actually balance charge the thing. Drinking coffee and surfing while I wait for the electrons.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jul 05, 2012, 11:58 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,425 Posts
I did a bit of night flying earlier. Went pretty well except for the damn mosquitoes. They bite through clothing so it's really not a whole lot of fun in general. I had to make several landing passes just because I kept getting tied up with slapping bugs out of my eyes and away from my face.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure a LOT of people looked up in the sky over the lake and scratched their heads, so it was well worth it.

I still have a Hawk Sky that I've never bothered to put gear in and fly. It would be a much better night flyer than the little wing I'm using now, but it would probably require me to buy a bunch more of these light strips
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:24 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,349 Posts
Just over 80 at 0800. That's about as good as it has been in weeks. Packs are charged for the H9 Corsair and PZ Spit. time to go sweat, I mean fly.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:27 AM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,046 Posts
It went well
No flying till Sunday still.
Endlesslag is online now Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Last edited by Endlesslag; Jul 06, 2012 at 11:12 AM.