Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Hey Thomas B,

What power setup on the Pogo?
A typical racing setup: The racing version of the Power 25 with 1250Kv, 8x8 APC Thin E, 4s 2650 40-50c Turnigy lipo. ESC used is a Turnigy Plush 80, but that is a touch of overkill.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:58 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,198 Posts
I'm all charged up and ready to go flying after work this evening. Weather permitting. Planning on taking out the SIG Jenny, My Herr Cub, and 800mm FMS T-28. I may take the HK Extra 300, but we'll see.
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:42 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,384 Posts
I did some work this weekend and every plane I have is ready to go and batteries charged. If life doesn't throw me a curveball, I'm ready to get out and fly either today or a couple days this week.
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:23 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
I did some work this weekend and every plane I have is ready to go and batteries charged. If life doesn't throw me a curveball, I'm ready to get out and fly either today or a couple days this week.
Yeah, I was in the hanger ,a.k.a time machine, the other evening doing repairs. replaced the motor, ESC in Big Bird, fixed the landing gear on the T-28 and reset the motor shaft in the Extra. The Grasshopper needs landing gear repair still and waiting on a motor for the Ryan STA. Hope to get together some time.
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:42 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
Waiting for the wind gusts to stop to fly my Exceed F-18 in the park down the street. Finally gave up on the stupid landing gear, shaved the fin tips off the missiles and applied packing tape to the bottom and disconnected the rudder servo (nose wheel).
Wasn't even the retract model, the gear is just too narrow, even for pavement. Wheels too small for grass.

Excited about hand launching her though! (paces by the window)
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:45 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I'll be damned if it didn't cool down 20 degrees at least as some cloud cover and hint of rain came in. I was wary but it looks good... Called my buddy and told him to hurry over as I need a witness to the flight WOW!! hot enough to fly, I'm on ready, wings in the truck with the A/C on and tailgate open to receive plane, covering shouldn't wrinkle today I hope. Thank YOU!! Lord!!! ZEE
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:56 PM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,094 Posts
For the first time in weeks, we will maybe have a little sun, and calm wind tomorrow. Getting up early, and ready for a long day at the field.
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:59 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,425 Posts
Today my USB AVR programmer showed up in the mail (along with my University of Alaska acceptance letter) so I could finally do a firmware flash on that ESC that was giving me so much trouble. I flashed it and it seems to be working all nice and happy now.

I'm gonna go fly it in a little while. It's well over 90 out (feels wonderful) and I stand a great chance of frying the motor if I go right now. Hopefully I can get this stupid-fast foamie project back on the rails.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:13 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Flight went well and it was actually nice outside this afternoon. Hope for some more of this..ZEE
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:03 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
My flights went well today! F-18's can belly land smoothly with armament
Who woulda thunk it?
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:12 PM
I feed my planes red bull
Joined Apr 2012
115 Posts
I like summer its warm and less wind!
flightmaster909 is offline Find More Posts by flightmaster909
Last edited by flightmaster909; Jul 02, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:15 PM
I feed my planes red bull
Joined Apr 2012
115 Posts
Im getting some people at our club who have ultramicros, and we are going to have an event. We will have a pylon race(I will be using my polecat), a freestyle aerobatic contest, a dare contest to see who will go the highest, a scale formation thing with the warbirds, and a normal show-your-plane-off flight time. If we can get a micro ask-21, we might do aerotow. Im exited
flightmaster909 is offline Find More Posts by flightmaster909
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
3 of us flew today, a bit "breezy" but a good day for us all. I still find it hard to believe that we fly in wind that grounded us just a short while ago!
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:31 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
3 of us flew today, a bit "breezy" but a good day for us all. I still find it hard to believe that we fly in wind that grounded us just a short while ago!
Don
I concur with that sentiment. It opens up more flying opportunity and days. If you are fortunate enough to have a variety of models, you select for the conditions.
All part of building skills in this hobby. Always opportunity to grow and get more experience.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:42 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
Today my USB AVR programmer showed up in the mail (along with my University of Alaska acceptance letter)
Congrats on both accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post
Hope to get together some time.
That'd be great CW
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee