HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,923 Posts
Sunday was perfect! For a change! Lots of folks doing lots of flying at our club field. Great time!
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 02:03 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
796 Posts
I just had my first 4ch flight with the micro t28
happy flying
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old May 01, 2012, 02:14 PM
KK4TYF /Baron Von Nick
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23 View Post
happy flying
Awesome, congrats! It's all downhill from here!
The Super Cub was the first plane I ever flew. 3ch, took some abuse.
The p51 was my first 4ch plane, and faster...it got my confidence up. The cub really got me hooked though....and you can see what that evolved into
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old May 02, 2012, 09:19 PM
No plane is safe around ME!
United States, WA, Fairchild AFB
Joined Apr 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23 View Post
happy flying
+1 last weekend I had my first 4ch flight with my full sized T-28. It was a blast and I hated to cut it short with the wind doing 8+ miles per hour. No scratches on it, which is amazing considering the flight conditions.
sirocelot is offline Find More Posts by sirocelot
Old May 05, 2012, 09:59 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,448 Posts
The "I'm going out shopping" thread.

Been rainy weather here this last week, and only got a single flight of my PZ Mustang this morning (hot version) before the rain clouds opened again.

However I have damaged the finances this week, mostly because I have now discovered indoor flying.

This week:

Eflite UMX 4-Site
Parkzone Night Vapor
Blade mSR X

Then I am looking at local classifieds online and found a new condition Blade mQX quadcopter that I didn't want to buy retail. Then I notice some of the other items the same guy had for sale.
One of them was an Eflite Scimitar Carbon-Z with the Eflite retracts fitted. Have pondered one of these before but consider it too noisy for my local field. Anyway we negotiated by SMS for a bit and we did a deal for everything he was selling, so also got an Eflite Beast 3D and a HK Foam Sbach 1400mm complete. Scored a heap of batteries too.

My missus just ask if there will be any money left for our wedding!
Grazer is online now Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2012, 11:31 AM
Not failing=Not trying enough
United States, IA, Coralville
Joined Jun 2011
360 Posts
Got some new props yesterday, so I want to fly today, but there's 10-15mph winds perpendicular to my landing strip. If the winds were with my strip, no problem. I might charge some batteries and see if it dies down tonight.
Wehrdo is offline Find More Posts by Wehrdo
Old May 05, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,923 Posts
Flew today, 2 different fields, total of 6 batteries and 2 planes. Great fun!
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old May 05, 2012, 08:06 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,258 Posts
The weather's been crazy for like two months now. Can't seem to get more than a few hours of sunlight at a time, so I'm hesitant to charge any packs.

Maybe I just need a much faster charger, or smaller lipos. Mine can only put out 2A set at max and I'm charging 1800mAh packs. If I could hit them with maybe four times that I'd be able to top them up much quicker.

As it is, methinks I'll bump them up to ~3.9V/cell for now just in case I get a window of opportunity later. It'll cut down the time it takes to get them filled but it's not too far above storage
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old May 05, 2012, 11:05 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I have a 60" Big Stik that I got from a friend and I put a power 46 on it. I flew it a couple times but really didn't like the way it flew. Today I felt like flying but didn't want to travel to the club strip to fly my Mustang( needs 1500')so I figured I'd fly the Stik. I don't know why I didn't think to check my throws on my control surfaces before but I did today and they were at minimum. I moved all of them to max and went out to fly. After a wild trim out ride my crappy Stik showed itself to be one hell of a funplane to fly....WOW Man...I was looking for a new plane but I'm good now with what I have, I can't believe how axial the rolls are, and fast. Its nice to have a big plane like this fly like it does. Its like I got a brand new airplane today..Dave/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old May 06, 2012, 03:46 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,308 Posts
Looking good this morning, so it's off to the field, for the first time in several weeks. Would have been nice to maiden a new model, but I'll just take a few old favourites instead,
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old May 06, 2012, 08:48 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
1,910 Posts
Too many other things going on right now, glad it's been a bit windy here, doesn't make me feel so bad not to get out. Good flying to ya all though!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old May 06, 2012, 10:05 AM
KK4TYF /Baron Von Nick
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
The weather's been crazy for like two months now. Can't seem to get more than a few hours of sunlight at a time, so I'm hesitant to charge any packs.

Maybe I just need a much faster charger, or smaller lipos. Mine can only put out 2A set at max and I'm charging 1800mAh packs. If I could hit them with maybe four times that I'd be able to top them up much quicker.

As it is, methinks I'll bump them up to ~3.9V/cell for now just in case I get a window of opportunity later. It'll cut down the time it takes to get them filled but it's not too far above storage
Get a better charger
Mine does 5A max and thats not enough for me! At least not when I'm charging a 5s 4000, or 6 2200 3s's in paralell
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old May 06, 2012, 11:28 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,308 Posts
Cracking day today and really made the most of it. Flew everything I took with me, twice, and had a real mixture of sports aerobatics, scalish Spitfire low passes and victory rolls and some very enjoyable and successful thermal hunting. Sitting here very content with a cup of coffee. Pity that it'll be a few weeks before I can get to the field again.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old May 07, 2012, 01:55 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
just got in from flying my 60" H9/P-51 and it was wild. I finally let loose and flew it like I stole it for the first time since my first flight on 3/29. I had been scared to damage it so I have been flying the he*l out of my Big Stik that I'm willing to sacrifice. I have unlimited vertical and 3 rolls a second. Nice to have a "new" plane as a daily flyer...Dave/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old May 07, 2012, 02:00 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
1,498 Posts
According to the forecast the winds were going to be at their lowest at about 12:30pm. I packed up my Eflite grasshopper and My never before flown Extra. Got two bats in on the grasshopper to get my nerves up. I did manage to clip a curb bringing the grasshopper in. Minor damage to the under carrage. I then maidened the Extra. It flew great. Not nearly as aggressive as I thought it would be. Of course I was at 65% rates with 50% expo. LOL! One close call on the first flight, but the second flight went awesome! So I got four bats in and am charging up for this evening.

CW
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe