SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Dec 2008
246 Posts
Just finished 2 flights .... I am very happy to say " UNLIMITED" vertical ! It goes out of sight and I had to pull down to end the upline as it was hard to see ! I like this plane a lot !
NeilRivera is offline Find More Posts by NeilRivera
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:14 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRivera View Post
Just finished 2 flights .... I am very happy to say " UNLIMITED" vertical ! It goes out of sight and I had to pull down to end the upline as it was hard to see ! I like this plane a lot !
I'm flying my Evader on the stock setup and I can't get unlimited vertical, what setup are you flying with?
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Dec 2008
246 Posts
My Evader wont do unlimited on stock setup. The Phazer is stock , the only difference is my new ThunderPower 2250 mah 45C G6 lipo. It has 5 flights ... I bought these battery for the Evader but never got to use it
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Dec 2008
246 Posts
Crap... Sorry guys I meant to post on the Phazer forum ! My bad, I apologize...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Dec 2008
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRivera View Post
My Evader wont do unlimited on stock setup. The Phazer is stock , the only difference is my new ThunderPower 2250 mah 45C G6 lipo. It has 5 flights ... I bought these battery for the Evader but never got to use it
I do have a Don's Wicked 4800 kv motor coming in this week, along with a TP G6 65C lipo... That should make it go ballistic ! I'll keep you posted... And I am also adding a working rudder !
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:00 AM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
The hyperflow spinner has always been an issue ever since the fan unit came out. They fan unit needs to either be balanced with the spinner on or simply just leave the spinner off. In flight tests done on a modified Electrifly L39, there was no flight speed difference seen with the spinner on or with the spinner removed in the same plane with the same power system, both dopplered at 100mph speed, so I say leave it off if you have vibrations. Just my $.02 based on my experience with this fan unit
I just picked up one of these at a swap meet and was trying to figure out where the wicked vibration was coming from. I removed the nose cone problem is gone. Now I can fly it.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
Elevator Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
I had another 12 flights today with the last one almost losing the jet.

During the last flight all of a sudden I lost elevator almost completely, right away I proceeded to land, landing was very hot but I managed to bring her down with minor damage ( had min hair line cracks on the center part of the fuse, EDF unit came loose clean at the glue line and the rest was if nothing happened).

On examination I noticed that the elevator servo tray came loose right at the glue line.........Im not happy about that but glad that I was able to bring her safely with a bit of skill and luck.

I guess that's one thing I would be checking on the next evader I put together.
Maiden flight lasted 3 mins then lost elevator was full stick back when it when into the ground 1/3 throttle coming out of a slight bank. I should have reinforced it when I took it out of the box the front bulk head was not glued in anymore. I figured out a way to get that sucker back in. After loosing my new jet even the cross member holding the tubes for the elevator control rods was not glued very well. With my baby finger it broke out with no effort . Great planes was my very first kit as a kid. Not so sure about them now ? I would highly recommend to anyone reinforce the elevator tray. The glue they are using is way to brittle and with the harmonics vibrations from the EDF unit I think its cracking the glue.
IT was a very smooth fast jet but 130 bucks on sale was not worth 3 mins
titanium36 is offline Find More Posts by titanium36
Last edited by titanium36; Sep 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
loose elevator tray

After math of bad glue joints . Watch out for loose elevator trays
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:00 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,574 Posts
Was covered on post #906
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:11 PM
F-OFF
Joined Mar 2007
1,057 Posts
Looks like a hxt 900 probably not the best choice for this jet.
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:41 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Hey guys, I have a ElectriFly Ammo 24-45-3790 and fan up in the for sale section.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730710
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:58 PM
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Hey Guys!

I needed some speed, since my HK Rare Bear died a painful death (esc smoked in flight) I have one of these kits coming my way. I plan to use a Turnigy Trust 45a esc with SBEC and 2200 4S 40C's in it. I was wondering what you guys are running for servos? I like the HS65MG, but always looking for good moderately priced alternatives, got any ideals?
StickHack is offline Find More Posts by StickHack
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:29 AM
F-OFF
Joined Mar 2007
1,057 Posts
I use the 65mgs yes they cost a few $ but are well worth it imo.

Invest in an external bec, I 've smoked more than one esc and have always landed without issue!
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:25 PM
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyohero View Post
I use the 65mgs yes they cost a few $ but are well worth it imo.

Invest in an external bec, I 've smoked more than one esc and have always landed without issue!
I thought as much, probably will go HS65MG for both servos. As for as the BEC, I have the Castle 10amp in a couple of planes. Its a good $20 insurance policy, when using a HobbyKing ESC and I like to be able to give the full 6v to the Hitech's.
StickHack is offline Find More Posts by StickHack
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
well cost me 30 bucks to send it in for bad glue joint inspection. And they cant figure it out that i cut off the stabs for the horizontal stabs to reduce shipping cost. Offered me a reduced cost on a new kit. Its more that what i can buy one for in Canada... Time to finish up some other jets and forget about great planes in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium36 View Post
After math of bad glue joints . Watch out for loose elevator trays