Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:58 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,491 Posts
I did see that one too A little different but could be a lot of fun as well...
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:31 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,639 Posts
Aww gee, sorry to hear about the loss of your Evader super kupfer.

It looked beautiful - I wish you would have taken a picture of it all finished.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:51 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post
Aww gee, sorry to hear about the loss of your Evader super kupfer.

It looked beautiful - I wish you would have taken a picture of it all finished.

Tim
I wish I did too, at the field people barely recognized it is an Evader .

The funny thing is that yesterday I picked up from the post office the replacement Evader from Tower Hobbies.

To tell you the truth, I'm really excited about this upcoming Phazer EDF.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:20 PM
United States, MN, Cottage Grove
Joined Apr 2011
85 Posts
Did I dream that these planes were like $119.00 a month ago at Tower Hobbies? They now have them listed for $165.00
Lights is offline Find More Posts by Lights
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:42 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
Did I dream that these planes were like $119.00 a month ago at Tower Hobbies? They now have them listed for $165.00
LOL, that's what happens when you miss the boat, you will have to wait for the next price drop.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:26 PM
F-OFF
Joined Mar 2007
1,054 Posts
Sorry to hear about your jet going in!

I really like that phazer! even the wife likes it, so I guess i wont have any explaining to do when it shows up on the dining room table lol

Maiden for my evader will be this week, its been ready to go for a while and im itchen to get it in the air!

i did spend some time regluing the pushrod tubes, as there was a little friction and also redid the epoxy on the forward pushrod mount. Glad i did too cuz it just pulled right off! The factory white epoxy is really brittle!
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Last edited by imyohero; Aug 07, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:50 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyohero View Post
Sorry to hear about your jet going in!

I really like that phazer! even the wife likes it, so I guess i wont have any explaining to do when it shows up on the dining room table lol

Maiden for my evader will be this week, its been ready to go for a while and im itchen to get it in the air!

i did spend some time regluing the pushrod tubes, as there was a little friction and also redid the epoxy on the forward pushrod mount. Glad i did too cuz it just pulled right off! The factory white epoxy is really brittle!
I wouldn't call it epoxy, I think it's some type of hot glue but can't confirm.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:51 AM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,290 Posts
Wow I bet it looked really sharp in that color scheme sorry for your loss I have the phazer on b/o order too. The Phazer should be a blast. If they ship mid august I will be flying mine at Ejets.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:37 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
Wow I bet it looked really sharp in that color scheme sorry for your loss I have the phazer on b/o order too. The Phazer should be a blast. If they ship mid august I will be flying mine at Ejets.
I'm thinking about repainting another one as the Italian red looked awesome in the sky but then there is the Phazer.

I think the Phazer may be the Evader killer for me as it has a nicer silhouette and I love delta wings
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:07 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,290 Posts
The Phazer looks really good. Still on B/O when I looked this morning.
It should go together quickly.
Giving thought to putting tiny plywood wheels inside of the wing skids to ROG from.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:32 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
The Phazer looks really good. Still on B/O when I looked this morning.
It should go together quickly.
Giving thought to putting tiny plywood wheels inside of the wing skids to ROG from.
How about cutting the back of the wing skids and securing them over the aileron linkages concealing them.

BTW, I hate the skids............I didn't use them on the Evader and not planning to use them on the Phazer.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:50 PM
F-OFF
Joined Mar 2007
1,054 Posts
I talked to the guys at my lhs and they also said mid aug,i gave them my number and they will call when they have one. I gotta agree on the shape of the phazer being much nicer! love those deltas.

Anyway maiden was today and it went flawless! It was my first time using a bungie and it was a no brainer. I flew two flights, the first the ailerons where a little touchy so after a few laps i set it down and added a little - expo to the ail and reduced the throw by 10% and the second flight was on rails!

So all in all i really like this plane, i balanced it right on the factor spec and had no problems slowing it down for a smooth landing, i cant wait to get some more time on the sticks!

Shane M.
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:30 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyohero View Post
I talked to the guys at my lhs and they also said mid aug,i gave them my number and they will call when they have one. I gotta agree on the shape of the phazer being much nicer! love those deltas.

Anyway maiden was today and it went flawless! It was my first time using a bungie and it was a no brainer. I flew two flights, the first the ailerons where a little touchy so after a few laps i set it down and added a little - expo to the ail and reduced the throw by 10% and the second flight was on rails!

So all in all i really like this plane, i balanced it right on the factor spec and had no problems slowing it down for a smooth landing, i cant wait to get some more time on the sticks!

Shane M.
Well done.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:38 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,491 Posts
Good job!
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:07 PM
United States, AL, Northport
Joined Apr 2010
146 Posts
Glad to see people still fly this plane! I'm about to purchase another as its a great flying fast plane.

Clocked mine at 105mph the other day on stock internals. Thinking about upgrading the motor and doing another paint scheme.

Here is my current one. I'm thinking about doing a VF-84 navy scheme or maybe an Air Force version.

Razerworkz is offline Find More Posts by Razerworkz