Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 09, 2010, 10:10 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbob9 View Post
Just use a dremel with cut off disc.Put motor in ziplock type baggie.Push shaft through bag and cut.This way no filings get into motor.
Ok, what's the best dremel bit for the job? Sorry, I just got a dremel. I am a little behind
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2010, 10:32 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,145 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbob9
Just use a dremel with cut off disc.Put motor in ziplock type baggie.Push shaft through bag and cut.This way no filings get into motor.
Ok, what's the best dremel bit for the job? Sorry, I just got a dremel. I am a little behind
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:50 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,606 Posts
If you have a Dremel kit that comes with the stone cutoff wheels they will probably work okay, but you have to be really careful because they're brittle. Something like this (link below) is best--a fiber-reinforced cutoff wheel. House of Balsa, DuBro and Dremel make them too.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXK381&P=7
KRProton is offline Find More Posts by KRProton
Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:36 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post
If you have a Dremel kit that comes with the stone cutoff wheels they will probably work okay, but you have to be really careful because they're brittle. Something like this (link below) is best--a fiber-reinforced cutoff wheel. House of Balsa, DuBro and Dremel make them too.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXK381&P=7
That's the one I ended up using today. It cut it like butter.

Thanks guys. I can't wait to try out this motor with the Hyperions.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:17 AM
WATTSUP.SE
Sweden
Joined Dec 2001
2,307 Posts
We are a few guys that will try the Rifle with Mega 16/15EDF 16/15/2 and Pletti Moskito 3, i guess there is no problem fitting these motors in the Rifle !? would HS-55 or Futaba 3110 be ok for this, anyone with experience using these servos ?
Jocke is offline Find More Posts by Jocke
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:01 PM
USA, SD, Rapid City
Joined Jan 2008
683 Posts
I got my 8$ hyperion inrunner it took a week to get here from Japan. The motor its self is a finned can and on my scale it weighs 78 grams. I hope to start the build soon, only thing is I need to decide if I want to work on this before I finish my 30%. I am kinda feeling the need for speed.
Zimm98 is offline Find More Posts by Zimm98
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:39 PM
Queensbury, NY
Joined May 2010
70 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4198

would this motor work? yes no maybe? what would be the best choice for a turnigy motor. power to weight ratio?
Darkman17 is offline Find More Posts by Darkman17
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:49 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman17 View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4198

would this motor work? yes no maybe? what would be the best choice for a turnigy motor. power to weight ratio?
That motor will get too hot if you put a prop on it.

This motor will work with a 4.1x4.1 prop, I have used it

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4200
Old Oct 17, 2010, 11:37 PM
USA, SD, Rapid City
Joined Jan 2008
683 Posts
http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=2814 this is the motor I am gonna use in the 3400 kv version it was 2.50 to ship from japan and took only a week. Only thing is that ring around the motor shaft on the can is too large to fit through the hole on the motor mount so I got a some nylon bushing to stand it off so it fits.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:58 PM
USA, SD, Rapid City
Joined Jan 2008
683 Posts
well I just fell victim of the bad tail screws. Twisted the head right off, lucky i could get the stud out with out damage. Build is on hold till I can get to the LHS and get more screws. It seems like a good kit but I would be nice to have better hardware.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:31 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2006
629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimm98 View Post
well I just fell victim of the bad tail screws. Twisted the head right off, lucky i could get the stud out with out damage. Build is on hold till I can get to the LHS and get more screws. It seems like a good kit but I would be nice to have better hardware.
Happend to me, but no way I could get the broken screw out without damaging the fuselage. I contacted the compagny and Electrifly will send me a new fuselage when they'll get back in stock. I had to send the broken screw and a letter explaining the problem.
marco_ul is offline Find More Posts by marco_ul
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:31 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_ul View Post
Happend to me, but no way I could get the broken screw out without damaging the fuselage. I contacted the compagny and Electrifly will send me a new fuselage when they'll get back in stock. I had to send the broken screw and a letter explaining the problem.
At least it's good to know that they are taking care of it. Also, good to know that Esprit sells spare fuses/wings and stabs.

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=13017
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Oct 19, 2010, 06:37 PM
USA, SD, Rapid City
Joined Jan 2008
683 Posts
I would like to give props to KRProton for offering to send me better screws. Its nice to see so many companies stand behind their products.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:53 PM
USA, SD, Rapid City
Joined Jan 2008
683 Posts
Update build is almost done, I went to check motor function spun it up and the motor mount twisted loose. I am now attempting to glue it back but I am worried about it holding. It seems as though I got a Friday kit, well if I get get her all tied up hopefully I can maiden by this weekend.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:49 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,606 Posts
I'm perplexed about these motor mounts coming loose. I'm sorry for the trouble some of you have had with this. I can understand how the firewall could come loose after a rough landing or something, but just spinning up the motor?

Well, it should be easy to repair. Pop it back into positoin--it should key in right back to where it was. Then just wick thin CA all the way around from the inside and outside-it should take only a drop or three on each side. Let the plane sit on its nose for a minute, then spray a LIGHT mist of CA accelerator down through the inside from the opening under the wing.

I've repaired a couple of these this way (from firewalls dislodged from a crash) and they have held for dozens (a hundred?) of flights after.
KRProton is offline Find More Posts by KRProton