SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 11, 2010, 12:22 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,528 Posts
Picking up my two kits tomorrow ,Got the notice today from the post office.

ITS HERE ,YESSSSSSSS.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2010, 11:59 AM
Potage, MI
Joined Dec 2003
534 Posts
Stopped in the LHS today to buy some bolts and walked out with a Rifle. I took a close look at it in Toledo and have been watching this thread sice. I really didn't want to buy one but knew I'd walk out with one if they had it. No motor in stock though. My wife seemed ok with it but did show me last months Paypal bill!

Vince
Vince53 is offline Find More Posts by Vince53
Old May 11, 2010, 12:05 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince53 View Post
My wife seemed ok with it but did show me last months Paypal bill!
I have to avoid paypal at all costs. If i look at my bank account statement I almost cry...
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bought a house!
Old May 11, 2010, 02:01 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,792 Posts
Attach a bank account for paypal to automatically draft from when you make a purchase. It doesn't hurt as bad, you never see a bill.

This is the speed I am looking for in the Rifle. This plane I picked up after the owner crashed it at a fly event. The fuse was in two pieces and the wing had a big hole in it. If it can take the speed, the Rifle should be able to deliver.

VIP pylon (4 min 25 sec)
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old May 11, 2010, 02:41 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalspark View Post
I have to avoid paypal at all costs. If i look at my bank account statement I almost cry...
I have a bank account just for my toys and it's attached to a paypal account ,That way it's easy to trak my big spending.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old May 11, 2010, 03:48 PM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
where are these available online? tower says mid may. just curious who has them instock online. (US)

also i searched back 5-6 pages, to before they even came out. and couldnt find a yes or no if a 28mm motor would fit or not. anyone know for sure or done it?

how big is the battery compartment?

thanks so much
Cory
STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; May 11, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old May 11, 2010, 03:49 PM
"RC ADDICT" in Toronto!
Toronto Canada
Joined Aug 2004
1,721 Posts
In none of the pics I've seen thus far is the canopy shown to be open .. is it functionable and can one access the batt through it?

Colin
wollins is offline Find More Posts by wollins
Old May 11, 2010, 04:00 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Mar 2009
82 Posts
Is the Ammo 24-33-4875 too much of a motor for this plane?
Using at Higher altitude, 5100 ft.
keehopper is offline Find More Posts by keehopper
Old May 11, 2010, 04:58 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,173 Posts
My first starts upgraded..

Im going recommended esc and motor with (2) 1000 mah 30-50c in series and 4.5x4.1 prop. Should be 30% more power with acceptable amp draw and less than an ounce penalty over a 1500 3cell. Will fly in bursts mostly. Never more than 10 sec. wot.
What do you think?
MikeRx is offline Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old May 11, 2010, 05:04 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Feb 2004
2,110 Posts
@keehopper - typically at altitude you'd want a slightly larger prop, not a higher Kv. Assuming you're planning on 3s operation and this is your first pylon ship, I'd recommend you stay around 3000Kv. A setup I've seen recommended at your altitude is a Mega 16/15/3 and the APC 5.5x5.5.

If you don't want to spring for the Mega (understandable) the E-Flite Six Series (2700Kv) is a slightly cooler alternative, or just go with the recommended motor and prop up half an inch.

= Mike
DrZiplok is offline Find More Posts by DrZiplok
Old May 11, 2010, 05:10 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx View Post
Im going recommended esc and motor with (2) 1000 mah 30-50c in series and 4.5x4.1 prop. Should be 30% more power with acceptable amp draw and less than an ounce penalty over a 1500 3cell. Will fly in bursts mostly. Never more than 10 sec. wot.
What do you think?
Not following ya, Are you planning to run 4S? It will 100% melt that ammo motor, Im impressed it doesnt melt on 3S. Pylon racers get a bit boring when your constantly having to jump on and off the gas, You want the throttle stick to jammed hard up so you can fly low, turn left without worry
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old May 11, 2010, 05:11 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,173 Posts
First impression..

nice glass/cote. stiff, heavy, overbuilt in a good way, super stiff hinges and control surface. (my elevator hinge is too stiff)
Im genreally impressed but im gonna need 350++ watts to sling this thing around. Im thinking about some strategic carbon placement.
Im guessing about 150 can be had with 500 watts and the plane is up to it..all day.
Im starting at 14.8v and 4.5X4.1.. and going up from there!
Old May 11, 2010, 05:13 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Not following ya, Are you planning to run 4S? It will 100% melt that ammo motor, Im impressed it doesnt melt on 3S.
Yes sir, Im propping down and running bursts.. that little ammo is 2.6 oz in weight and if kept cool can burst up to 350+++ watts. the esc is rated for up to 4cells on 2 servos.
Watch me
Also, I can burst through tight, LOW turns with this thing in addition to stunning verticle maneuvers with throttle off on downlines. Im a 3d, pylon kinda guy.. I dont wana have to jump off the throttle, but I can still keep it interesting. trust me
Old May 11, 2010, 05:17 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,302 Posts
Hahaha, Might wanna get a few "backup" motors
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old May 11, 2010, 05:20 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009