HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:33 PM
SSM
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
Australia, VIC, Canterbury
Joined Nov 2003
1,220 Posts
So many good things at such good prices - all delivered to my door.

It's hard not to go overboard. In fact - I find it impossible and keep ordering all sorts of stuff that I "might need".
SSM is offline Find More Posts by SSM
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:57 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM View Post
So many good things at such good prices - all delivered to my door.

It's hard not to go overboard. In fact - I find it impossible and keep ordering all sorts of stuff that I "might need".
Thank god

its good to know I am not the only one who does that lol.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Mar 18, 2010, 06:07 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
Ok I placed two orders, one on the 4th which is about to leave hong kong today by standard air freight and the second on the 11th by EMS and which is in australian customs now.

So it is quite easy to see that EMS is much quicker. For a couple of extra dollars its worth going EMS as far as I am concerned.
Update

The EMS parcel is at the post office waiting for me to pick it up, still waiting for the international air to come. Although the order was placed 7 days before the EMS.

So yes EMS is worth the extra few dollars.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:12 PM
A few Models is not enough Hon
Australia, WA, Noranda
Joined Mar 2007
173 Posts
Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo62 View Post
Cheers,

I tried that, but it still cuts out around 1/2 throttle with a red blinking light. I might try hooking up another ESC to see if that helps. Sadly, it is mounted next to the firewall (F1) in my AerodromeRC Fokker DR1 and I will need to do major surgery to get it out.

Clovus
Is the red light on a Spectrum receiver. If so that means that the receiver power has droped. - try a bigger battery
GadgetEric is online now Find More Posts by GadgetEric
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:39 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Mate,

I'm a dufus, all is fixed and ESC worked as advertised.
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Last edited by evo62; Mar 20, 2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 04:54 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jun 2004
205 Posts
Hi, I've placed 70 orders totalling $4,400 over the last 3 years and only had 2 (big) lipo battery failures (no longer sold). Everything else has worked just fine. Their 5 min epoxy is terrific and makes a good 'stocking filler' as do servo leads.

I always thought it was brave of them to publish all feedback! Out of interest I understand a Sydney guy owns the business.
Gadgetman is offline Find More Posts by Gadgetman
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:39 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
Hi, I've placed 70 orders totalling $4,400 over the last 3 years and only had 2 (big) lipo battery failures (no longer sold). Everything else has worked just fine. Their 5 min epoxy is terrific and makes a good 'stocking filler' as do servo leads.

I always thought it was brave of them to publish all feedback! Out of interest I understand a Sydney guy owns the business.

I left a less than favorable review about an otter esc, HK kept on deleting it.
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Mar 21, 2010, 04:19 PM
Perth, Australia
Joined Jun 2009
69 Posts
Anyone flow the AT6 they've got on there? I was thinking of grabbing one of those or another TB20 as an easy everyday flier for when Im not quite upto my more full on warbirds. Will just have to make sure I reinforce the wing on the TB20 if I get another one
bergerac is offline Find More Posts by bergerac
Old Mar 21, 2010, 05:26 PM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,059 Posts
We all and know and love the HXT900 but I am wondering if there is an equivalent servo in the next size up in terms of price and quality. Do they make a larger servo that is as reliable as the HXT900?
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Mar 22, 2010, 03:55 AM
East Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2009
169 Posts
Yes they do. MG14's
distractor is offline Find More Posts by distractor
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:56 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,646 Posts
Quote:
Ok I placed two orders, one on the 4th which is about to leave hong kong today by standard air freight and the second on the 11th by EMS and which is in australian customs now.

So it is quite easy to see that EMS is much quicker. For a couple of extra dollars its worth going EMS as far as I am concerned.
Quote:
Update

The EMS parcel is at the post office waiting for me to pick it up, still waiting for the international air to come. Although the order was placed 7 days before the EMS.

So yes EMS is worth the extra few dollars.
Well the international air came today, thats 18days from order to arrival, very respectable in my books.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:10 AM
The Hippy
Perth - Australia
Joined Nov 2008
233 Posts
Just got an order in. 1.5kg sent by Air (not EMS)
It took 5 days to get here from the notification email stating it was shipped. Can't remember the amount of days to get it ready, it wasn't too bad anyway.
Nice little surprise when I opened the box, everything had a box to itself.
I've not experienced this in the past, all parts normally been placed in a plastic 'zip lock' type bag and put into a big box.

Keeps everything that little bit more secure as well.
ddoth is offline Find More Posts by ddoth
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:24 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,059 Posts
I just got my Air mail order in about the same timeframe. They threw in a sheet of cool stickers as well.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:26 AM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
Hopefully mine is just as quick with the slow mail option. Last time I remember the order being packed in less than a day, a lot slower this time it seems
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:14 AM
If it flies - it's good
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2003
1,143 Posts
I got an order delivered a couple of weeks ago. It took them about 5 days before it was shipped (maybe they are still recovering from the new year break) and then another 5 or 6 days to get here. Regular parcel post. Just ordered again on Monday after a bunch of 'out of stock' items came in. I am not near the $4,000 mark in dealings with them, but at this rate I am heading there fast.
Fred_L is offline Find More Posts by Fred_L