HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
So the young lads opened their 1/18 off road cars this morning. Half a battery later I was online ordering $30 worth of front suspension and steering spares. There when I need 'em to stop the tears on xmas day, now that's great service!

BTW those little cars are off the hook .
Which cars Narcas??? I need another Rc car I think!!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:46 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
861 Posts
why would you want a rc car????? they go forwards, back, turn left and right. it cant compare to a plane. and theyre a sight damn more expensive.(i have treid them and they were fun but for the amount of money no)
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:48 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub monkey View Post
why would you want a rc car????? they go forwards, back, turn left and right. it cant compare to a plane. and theyre a sight damn more expensive.(i have treid them and they were fun but for the amount of money no)
I used to race 1/10 on-road and loved it! I love all things RC and its good to have things to play with on the crappy weather days when I can't fly. I've got a truggy at the moment and a vintage tamiya Clod Buster but that's a shelf piece!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:14 AM
Lame-As The real alternative!
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Which cars Narcas??? I need another Rc car I think!!!
These fellahs Sherm Brushless_4WD_Racing_Buggy

Though they are on backorder now. Might still get 'em in the int'l warehouse.
narcas is online now Find More Posts by narcas
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:36 PM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,077 Posts
My youngest son and I have got the RC car bug lately too. He got given a used but good nick nitro 1/10th car off someone we know, so I got that going for him, and over the break ordered a couple of rally extreme edition 1/16th cars from the aussie warehouse so we can race each other. I also have a xray 1/16th m18T pro that I bought second hand off RCJunkie last year, and that thing is full of bling, and goes like a stupid thing on 3 cells. flips going from half to full throttle if you are ham fisted on 3 cells! It's out with a stripped diff at the moment......wonder why......! Xray are the Mercs of the RC car world going of spares prices for them though.....geezuz!

But back on topic, I had a weird one last night at HK. Placing an order at the inter warehouse, servos, motors and a handfull of those 2400 AA Ni-Mh batts. the usual stuff.

I then added an RC car Tx/Rx combo. when I added the Tx I noticed my AA battery count went from the 16 I wanted back to 1. So I adjusted it back to 16 but it wouldn't let me, only let me buy 5. Remove the Tx and order is happy to let me order 16 batts again (plenty in stock showing) but as soon as I add the Tx, cell count goes back to 1 and can't place any more than 5 in the basket.........weird. Any ideas on this one?
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:43 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
HK must know the limit of your credit card Gouch.
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:45 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Gouch - Aldi now sell 2300mAh LSD NiMh AA packs at the rate of $7 per 4 x AA, works out pretty close to HK prices and no postage. I'd go down and buy a few packs.

Some combos won't work in the HK store and they limit you so as to conserve stock (and gouge on postage?).

I generally try and find batteries locally. I've only got a small fleet of LSD's and large armada of NiMh's!

- boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:14 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,077 Posts
yeah I have always been an eneloop guy for important stuff (at least relatively high current draws anyway) I just thought I'd throw them in the order.

btw, I have had 50/50 success with aldi cells. I did a comparo a while back discharging at around 2C from memory, and the eneloops smoked them in voltage drop.....or lack of in the eneloops case. They are however aprox 5 bucks each so they should be better. I have eneloops I bought when they first came out many years ago now and still going strong, I have already thrown out some aldi cells only a couple of years old, and they were only running tv remotes etc.

but hey, if HK don't want to sell me 16 AND a remote (they are happy to sell me 16 without the remote in the shopping cart though) then they lose out more than I do.

Graeme, maybe they do, it's been smoking lately!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:56 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Cheers on the Aldi cells, will stick to my Turnigy cells for LSD's.

Mainly I use small lipos with a regulator for flight packs anyway - I find a 500mAh 2s lipo is easily enough for 5 or 6 servo .46-sized airplanes, giving hours of flying time before recharge.

- boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:14 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,077 Posts
As I needed some for the cars that showed up today I went down and bought 16 aldi cells. 1 was DOA, wouldn't take a charge. The rest however are going to be more than fine for car Tx use....when I buy one more of course

btw, the 2 Turnigy mini rally extreme cars I bought seem pretty good....... for the money.

The front end is looser than an old hooker, and one of the cars makes a pretty heavy gear mesh noise in one of the diffs, but for having some fun until they explode, they will be fine. The trick will be to NOT spend too much keeping them going. Too easy to end up repairing a car to the point of it being cheaper to simply buy a new one, esp for 70 odd bucks they cost to buy. I'll end up using one of them to keep the other one going.Already put money on me kicking my young blokes butt at the netball courts tomorrow........If I start losing (highly likely) I'm going to sneak in a 3 cell
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:40 AM
MINE!
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,186 Posts
I had an $8 sing post shipped item and EMS expressed item (ordered 2 days after the $8 one) arrive at the same time this week 14 days after order... dam xmas and new year eating up my working days....
Mick Molloy is offline Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:04 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,481 Posts
Quote:
The front end is looser than an old hooker,
u can teach an old dog new tricks the hookers tie there legs in a knot good to go for another 5 years tight as a door jamb lol
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:13 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,077 Posts
I'll have to take your word on that gazza!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:25 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,559 Posts
Most of us on the East coast missed out on ordering the Turnigy 9XR tx as it got released 2:30am christmas day for us and was out of stock by 6am ish. Anyway Mode 1's are now back in stock at HK so I just ordered one with the HK programmer to flash new firmware on it along with the Orange DSMX RF module to fy my BNF's
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:56 AM
Flying, crashing, (re)building
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
165 Posts
Well I finally worked out tonight that LiPo goes via the dreaded SingPost and everything else seems to go via HK Post (for registered airmail, that is).

SingPost make AusPost look good... I liked the one time where my parcel spent the better part of a month sitting around Singapore having a holiday and enjoying the sights before finally, reluctantly, making its way to Australia. At least that is what my imagination tells me.
Elwood74 is offline Find More Posts by Elwood74
RCG Plus Member