HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mike_Then, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 05, 2010, 12:37 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,687 Posts
Whoops!
From happy to expensive very, very quickly...

Crashed my new Blade SR yesterday... flew it after work and simply lost orientation when it got too far away from me. Had already saved it a few times before so I know it wasn't dumb-thumbs. I simply couldn't tell which way it was facing and it did The Chicken Dance upon impact. A long list of parts were ordered shortly after returning home... man it was flying good too.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:47 AM
Have glue gun, will travel...
USA, NY, LONG ISLAND
Joined Mar 2004
870 Posts
Sorry to see your wreckage! At least it was not your 500 that went down!
Ken1.8T is offline Find More Posts by Ken1.8T
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:40 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1.8T View Post
Sorry to see your wreckage! At least it was not your 500 that went down!
You are absolutely correct! However, this repair is quickly approaching the $100 mark and I just don't understand why it's so expensive to repair a beginner's small heli!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:15 PM
Have glue gun, will travel...
USA, NY, LONG ISLAND
Joined Mar 2004
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
You are absolutely correct! However, this repair is quickly approaching the $100 mark and I just don't understand why it's so expensive to repair a beginner's small heli!
Yes, this simple fact is what keeps many people from getting involved in the hobby...
Ken1.8T is offline Find More Posts by Ken1.8T
Old Mar 12, 2010, 05:35 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1.8T View Post
Yes, this simple fact is what keeps many people from getting involved in the hobby...
I mastered my mSR and was really fixed on getting the SR, but if repair is so expensive... as Ken said.

How are the flight characteristics?

BIM
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:59 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,687 Posts
It flies great! It's stable and gives the beginner a little time to react to what the heli is doing. Idle-Up is a little intimidating but once you get used to it, it's fine. I'm actually repairing it now as I have all of my parts. Just have to reassemble the flybar, balance the new blades, and replace the tail boom. The cener hub wobbles a bit but I swear the main shaft isn't bent. I'll have to see how it flies in a hover as if there's any vibration, I'll need to replace the main shaft.

As I said before, I'll never let it get that far away from me again... it's too small to be flying very far away as it's easy to lose orientation and crash, as I'm the poster-child for that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:28 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,687 Posts
The Blade SR is still down for the count. I'm waiting on a main shaft; apparently I bent it after all. Some time next week before I get it. As I told my friend Brandon, I'm seriously considering selling the SR once it's fixed. I'm not interested in a $200 heli that will cost $100+ to fix. Not sure what I'm going to do yet as I'm on the fence.
RCG Plus Member