SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 04, 2010, 02:19 PM
Rochester, MN
Joined Mar 2010
34 Posts
Help!
Need Coupon Code for HobbyKing & BigSkyHobby!

I'm a newbie, and have an order ready to go on BigSkyHobby.com and also for HobbyKing.com, then noticed the Coupon Code. Did an internet search, and found this forum (which I'm a part of now) and this thread. I haven't signed up for their newsletter, but will. But, I also haven't clicked the "checkout" to finalize the deal with them. Would someone be so kind as to share the Coupon Code that's current right now?

Thanks in advance!
Ron
Semper Fi
mncowboy969 is offline Find More Posts by mncowboy969
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2010, 02:35 PM
USA, GA, Norcross
Joined Jul 2009
333 Posts
Not sure on BigSkyHobby, but I believe your discount on HobbyKing is based on your previous purchases.

When I log into the site, it tells me I am a "gold" buyer. Some of the guys at my field are "platinum" rated...
robtest is offline Find More Posts by robtest
Old Mar 04, 2010, 02:44 PM
Rochester, MN
Joined Mar 2010
34 Posts
LOL I've never ordered from them before, so I'm a "Standard Customer". Well, I'm a newbie, so I'm sure I will climb the ranks as I donate more, and more $$$ to them! Thanks for the info robtest!
mncowboy969 is offline Find More Posts by mncowboy969
Old Mar 04, 2010, 03:03 PM
USA, GA, Norcross
Joined Jul 2009
333 Posts
You might check with your buds at your local field. We sometimes get together for "group orders", so you can divide up that expensive shipping from HongKong...
robtest is offline Find More Posts by robtest
Old Mar 04, 2010, 05:34 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,510 Posts
I don't think there's any codes for Big Sky Hobby. Jeremy will match any price you find though. He's a great guy to work with.
road_rascal is online now Find More Posts by road_rascal
Old Mar 05, 2010, 08:41 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,819 Posts
There have been fewer and fewer discounts for "platinum" members, so you're not missing much.
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Mar 06, 2010, 04:54 PM
sloper dude
L'Étoile du Nord
Joined Jan 2005
200 Posts
First off, you get a discount code when you write a review on something that you've already bought there. The more orders you put in, the higher your discount. I'm at platinum level, and the prices are quite good.

Re: Big Sky Hobby, Jeremy will always give you a great price, and if you have questions about anything, he's the guy to call. Don't know about the BSH coupons. Maybe that's for factory coupons.
Jeffrito is offline Find More Posts by Jeffrito
Old Mar 22, 2010, 03:12 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2003
414 Posts
So you have to buy first and then write a review to get a coupon? Any possible shortcut?
ozvena is offline Find More Posts by ozvena
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:22 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozvena View Post
So you have to buy first and then write a review to get a coupon? Any possible shortcut?
Not with hobbycity.

the more you buy, the higher the level of discount you get.

Also, they give you a small % off coupon code each time you submit a legitimate review on hardware you've purchased.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:50 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2003
414 Posts
Isn't hobbycity and hobbyking the same?

I wrote a legitimate review as I purchased the same product from another store but did not get any coupon.
ozvena is offline Find More Posts by ozvena