HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2010, 06:56 AM
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
1,060 Posts
Discussion
Graupner Gliders in USA

Greetings...

Met Sandy Squitieri while working in Sarasota Florida. He's importing pretty much all the Graupner gliders and now Tangent is also a part of Graupner. Check out his web site. Lets get a big order in and all share savings in shipping.

WWW.v-eastonline.com

Slope P
Slope P is offline Find More Posts by Slope P
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2010, 07:43 AM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,703 Posts
Lots of onformation on the gliders missing, prices and specs are unavailable on quite a few, and frankly, the prices I do see are very high.
s2000 is online now Find More Posts by s2000
Old Mar 04, 2010, 08:39 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2005
43 Posts
hobby-lobby is importing some
graupner sailplanes and prices are more reasonable
RV4DRIVER is offline Find More Posts by RV4DRIVER
Old Mar 04, 2010, 08:45 AM
Central Point, OR.
Joined May 2002
2,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000 View Post
Lots of onformation on the gliders missing, prices and specs are unavailable on quite a few, and frankly, the prices I do see are very high.
Agreed! There site needs a "little" help!

Randy
Ranfred Radius is offline Find More Posts by Ranfred Radius
Old Mar 05, 2010, 04:50 PM
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
1,060 Posts
Talked to Sandy about the site and he's waiting for English translations and should be updated soon.
Slope P is offline Find More Posts by Slope P
Old Mar 06, 2010, 02:09 PM
Joined Mar 2010
538 Posts
Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Sandy Alan from Graupner USA. For the past 12 years we have exclusively imported and sold only Graupner Modellbau products. Our new site has some kinks we are working out so please be patient. One of the things we are changing is pricing, many of you may well know that the euro dollar has not been kind to our dollar for the past 5 years making European products more expensive than ever. We are combating that by lowering all pricing on Graupner and Tangent line sailplanes by at least 10-15% across the board. Look for this new pricing later this week. We have extensive knowledge of all Graupner products becuase that's all we sell.. we do not carry 30-40 different lines, only 1. We are not a bank of phone operators, we are modelers that sell to modelers with a level of personal attention that you will most certainly enjoy. Graupner makes thousands of items for sailplanes and all modelers so if you see something that has not made it on our site yet, we either have it or can get it very quickly. Small items that are not in stock take less than 14 days to deliver. We even drop ship worldwide if desired. We make regular trips overseas to ensure good contact with our suppliers and excellent service after the sale... I would much rather loose a little money that upset a good customer.One last thing on price, we will match any legitimately advertised price on our products within the USA.

This is my first post, so thank you for reading all this. I am an avid sailplane nut with over 14 models in my own collection. Scalers, slopers, thermal ships, etc.I also enjoy non-graupner models too, in short I love em all!

ASH26 3M
DG-600 evo with up and go 5M
Soarmaster 4M
Hornet 206b 4M
Salto 2M
Ellipse 2M
Impluse 3M
Fox 4M
Folka 4M
KA-6 2M (Lp has it now)
Alpina pro 4M
Alpina Elektro 2.5M
Maxie 3M
ASK 21 0.6M
DIAMANT 4M

adding, Salto 4.1m soon!

I started this business loving all things helis and eventually went back to my first love Sailplanes with some hot elektro boats mixed in as well. I also design and sell some the finest turbine helicopters made in the world today on our scalejet site.

We are known for our Integrity and support the world over.

Yours truly,

Sandy Alan, Owner and operator of Graupner USA

v-eastonline.com or Graupner-usa.com
SandyAlan is online now Find More Posts by SandyAlan
Old Mar 06, 2010, 05:10 PM
yyz
USA, CA, Paso Robles
Joined Dec 2004
2,406 Posts
Fantastic

Sandy,

This is great news! I've owned several Graupner sailplanes and have never been dissatisfied. The kits are always of the highest quality and performance and flying characteristics of the ships excellent.

Since Graupner has acquired Tangent, does this mean that the entire Tangent product line will be available as well? Their Nimbus 4 has been visiting me in my dreams.

Sincerely,

Mike
yyz is offline Find More Posts by yyz
Old Mar 07, 2010, 10:38 AM
Joined Mar 2010
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz View Post
Sandy,

This is great news! I've owned several Graupner sailplanes and have never been dissatisfied. The kits are always of the highest quality and performance and flying characteristics of the ships excellent.

Since Graupner has acquired Tangent, does this mean that the entire Tangent product line will be available as well? Their Nimbus 4 has been visiting me in my dreams.

Sincerely,

Mike

Hey, and yes the entire line. We are putting together a sea order for a bunch of stock for may-early june deliveries. That Nimbus is just awesome...

Wingspan: 5995 mm
Hull Length: 1780 mm
Wing area: about 87.4 dm
Weight: from about 7500
Wing loading: from 80 g / dm
Airfoil: HQ 3.0 Strak

I will have about 2/3's of the translations done by monday and scalers will be next about mid-week. (They just need to be uploaded).
I am also putting the Tangent catalog pdf on each page, but it will be in German to start (color selections) and then changed to english when available.

Ciao,

Sandy
Old Mar 07, 2010, 12:02 PM
yyz
USA, CA, Paso Robles
Joined Dec 2004
2,406 Posts
Sandy,

Please include an Alpina 5001 Pro Carbon-Master Edition ARC in that order. I'll start scraping together my lunch money.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyAlan View Post
Hey, and yes the entire line. We are putting together a sea order for a bunch of stock for may-early june deliveries. That Nimbus is just awesome...

Wingspan: 5995 mm
Hull Length: 1780 mm
Wing area: about 87.4 dm
Weight: from about 7500
Wing loading: from 80 g / dm
Airfoil: HQ 3.0 Strak

I will have about 2/3's of the translations done by monday and scalers will be next about mid-week. (They just need to be uploaded).
I am also putting the Tangent catalog pdf on each page, but it will be in German to start (color selections) and then changed to english when available.

Ciao,

Sandy
Old Mar 07, 2010, 01:51 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Jan 2004
209 Posts
Sandy,

Looks like that order will be here just in time for the JR Aero Tow. Please consider coming to the JR. There is nothing like seeing the stuff in person to get people excited about your product. Not to mention, no shipping if we buy it there.

Rick
rshelby is offline Find More Posts by rshelby
Old Mar 07, 2010, 02:06 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
854 Posts
Sandy, does Graupner still make the scale Libelle 201?
Libelle201B is online now Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Mar 08, 2010, 08:50 AM
Joined Mar 2010
538 Posts
If I go to Cali for a meet, it will be on a jet, not a van )

No, Sorry that model was discontinued about 18 months ago, no old stock left.
Old Mar 08, 2010, 02:31 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Jan 2004
209 Posts
The JR Aero Tow is over on your side of the country, Sandy. Monticello, Illinois, just west of Champaign, Illinois. That's only 1146 miles from Sarasota, Fl. Hope to see you there.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyAlan View Post
If I go to Cali for a meet, it will be on a jet, not a van )

No, Sorry that model was discontinued about 18 months ago, no old stock left.
rshelby is offline Find More Posts by rshelby
Old Mar 08, 2010, 10:50 PM
yyz
USA, CA, Paso Robles
Joined Dec 2004
2,406 Posts
Anyone else excited about this? If so, what are you ordering? Can't wait to get my hands on that Alpina. It's been too long.....

Mike
Old Mar 09, 2010, 12:15 AM
Central Point, OR.
Joined May 2002
2,922 Posts
My mind is much more excited than my wallet!

At any rate. Great to see some added variety & availability of scale ships here in the states!

Randy
Ranfred Radius is offline Find More Posts by Ranfred Radius