SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:21 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Discussion
Health Care Bill via Reconcilation, Good Idea or Bad Idea?

I think one thing most of us would agree on is that the way health care is done in the US needs some changing. Just what those changes should be is a different story.
In light of this, current public opinion and the magnitude of impact, do you think it is a good idea for the Dems. to push a bill through using reconciliation. If so or not so, why?
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:23 PM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
I think GWB would have thought it a grand idea!
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:34 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
796 Posts
Whatever it takes.............

Jim
me11owman is offline Find More Posts by me11owman
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:37 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Yes it is (for the party). Their best strategy is to pass a government takeover at all costs. Chances are there's nothing the public can do about it; and it creates another huge welfare program that they can forever use to keep their voters on the useful idiot plantation. One more step toward making the US citizens into US subjects.

They'll take a beating at the polls in November if they do it, but given the Rohypnol media and the public union owned school system, it won't take long for the ignorant masses to forget that lesson, and the party can start the takeover of whatever chunk of the public sector they choose to ruin next... or maybe they won't need to wait. Who knows ?
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:40 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Just because the Dems can do it does not mean it would be a smart move for them. I think the Republicans are actually hoping they go ahead and do it.
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:47 PM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D B Cooper View Post
Yes it is (for the party). Their best strategy is to pass a government takeover at all costs. Chances are there's nothing the public can do about it; and it creates another huge welfare program that they can forever use to keep their voters on the useful idiot plantation. One more step toward making the US citizens into US subjects.

They'll take a beating at the polls in November if they do it, but given the Rohypnol media and the public union owned school system, it won't take long for the ignorant masses to forget that lesson, and the party can start the takeover of whatever chunk of the public sector they choose to ruin next... or maybe they won't need to wait. Who knows ?
All you got is some LAME threat? Voodoo? Historical curses? Witchcraft? Palin"s Prayer terrorist squad?
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:49 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Just because the Dems can do it does not mean it would be a smart move for them. I think the Republicans are actually hoping they go ahead and do it.
How is fixing welfare coming along ?

How is fixing medicare / medicaid coming along ?

How did Fannie and Freddie work out ?

How's Social security doing ?

How's that fed audit going ?

How's that fiat money working out ?

With only half the population even trying to pay the bills, you'll never see the veto override majorities needed to address any of this stuff.

Does it even matter ? We're sinking more every year anyway. Would you rather sink slowly, or sink fast ?
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:50 PM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Pucker up fellas, cuz we have a strategist in chief, and I wouldnt be at all surprised, if they hadnt had this plan from the beginning. The world turns SUE IT!
Old Mar 03, 2010, 11:19 PM
I got too many hobbies!
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2009
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
Pucker up fellas, cuz we have a strategist in chief, and I wouldnt be at all surprised, if they hadnt had this plan from the beginning. The world turns SUE IT!
strategic my rear, he's so worthless he couldn't get a supermajority to agree on anything. He has to force his party to break the rules to pass a bill for healthcare that nobody wants. Watch for elections for repeal. If it does get repealed I know the left will get violent, they always do when they don't get their way/phony entitlements. The vast majority of Americans will stand up the tyranny of this regime and the people like you who support tyranny.
BRETT65 is offline Find More Posts by BRETT65
Old Mar 03, 2010, 11:22 PM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Whats going to be your rant when people like it?
Old Mar 03, 2010, 11:24 PM
I got too many hobbies!
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2009
51 Posts
Quote:
Cold day in hell. I heard the same bs about the failed stimulus.
BRETT65 is offline Find More Posts by BRETT65
Old Mar 03, 2010, 11:26 PM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Arent you a LITTLE scared?
Old Mar 03, 2010, 11:38 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
This has been overdue for decades - the USA's healthcare system is not enviable and whilst the models for better ones exist around the world - Europe in particular enjoys 'business models' that can be emulated or copied!

Those against are undboutedly in the enviable position of numbering amongst the 'haves' which is all well and good unless you're a 'have not' and it's certainly not a case of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' is it - healthcare - something needs fixing!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Mar 04, 2010, 12:06 AM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Quote:
The level of disconnect you exhibit is astonishing even with your history.

This is a plan that 60-70% of Americans oppose.

This is a plan that will not take effect for several years. So that 60-70% will be paying (taxed) for years, for a program they don't want, without benefit to those it is meant to help most.

You do the math, I won't be surprised if in the next elections we end up with a republican majority in the house, senate and a republican president. They might even gather enough political power to repeal this bill should it pass.

I don't see this as a positive, I see it as a negative but you just keep waving your pom poms and cheering.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it GMan.

It will all get sorted but we can't afford another 5 years and billions of dollars wasted on the Obamacare adventure.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Old Mar 04, 2010, 12:12 AM
California
Joined Feb 2005
1,519 Posts
At this point in time in american history, having a discussion about this is like slaves arguing over who gets the inside oar position in the hull of the ship. Until the american people set down their oars, just keep going to the rhythm of the row master as he is commanding "Ramming speed" now.
freddy warbird is offline Find More Posts by freddy warbird