HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2003, 12:11 AM
Southern Okanagan, British Columbia.
Joined Aug 2002
116 Posts
Great back yard flying with TM

I have a new appreciation for my GWS TM now that I fly with Kokams. With a average of 25 minute flights, over half time at full throttle and no decrease in performance, it is just fantastic.
I can fly sitting in my chair on the upper level of my yard with mountains all around. Very relaxing. I have att'd several pix.

Sgt Rock
Sgt Rock is offline Find More Posts by Sgt Rock
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2003, 12:24 AM
Joined Aug 2002
116 Posts
try that att'd pix again.

Try attaching picture again...
Old May 26, 2003, 12:27 AM
Joined Aug 2002
116 Posts
More, perhaps better

Sorry still trying...
Old May 26, 2003, 12:30 AM
Joined Aug 2002
116 Posts
One more

Heres another...
Old May 26, 2003, 12:51 AM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Cool! Last one looks like a real plane, and a bit of digital airbrushing on the antenna would do the same for the first.

I can stretch my brushless slowstick to 25 minutes, but that's at minimum airspeed. Fun to do things with electrics not possible with glow.

Karl
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old May 26, 2003, 12:57 AM
Joined Aug 2002
116 Posts
Yes, they are the best, spent 5 years with gas powered, however the freedom, peacefullness and cleanliness of electric makes it unbeatable. Match that with kokams and....perfection.
Old May 27, 2003, 04:54 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
Sgt,

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'd kind of "retired" my moth but then recently got a bunch of two cell Kokam 1020 packs and now have the joy of being able to land more than 30 minutes after I took off (with plenty of loops while flying). Longest flight so far was 33 minutes 40 seconds. I just keep trying to see if I can eek out just a few more minutes but the only downside of this new battery technology is the stiff neck you get from looking up for so long. After two battery packs I have to stop as more than an hour looking up is about my limit!

These LiPo's sure give a whole new life to flying an "old" plane though!

Cliff
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer
Old May 27, 2003, 12:36 PM
Joined Aug 2002
116 Posts
Wright Flyer....you bet, the neck gets sore, what a pleasure though. I fly my Moth in wind I wouldnt have bothered before, just because I know I have the reserves to bring it back to me. It has brought new life to the old bird. I am contemplating buying a new TM, that would get rid of all the extra grams of epoxy, paint and tape from crashes before....
Old May 27, 2003, 12:38 PM
Joined Aug 2002
116 Posts
Wright Flyer, I think I will begin timed flights for my own contest of duration. 33 min 40 seconds eh.... hmmm, I will have to try for 33 min 41 seconds!!

Sgt Rock