HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by riterudder59, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 05, 2010, 10:57 AM
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,072 Posts
i have three balsa usa 20% gift certificates to give away and one sig 25% certificate. i will be at the field today, or you can e-mail me, or p.m. here.
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2010, 06:40 PM
T.R. miller
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
579 Posts
interested in the sig
tr miller is offline Find More Posts by tr miller
Old Oct 08, 2010, 06:25 PM
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr miller View Post
interested in the sig
if you are at the field on 10.10.10 at 2:30, IT IS YOURS.
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:27 AM
Former B52H Crew Chief
Green Bay WI
Joined Feb 2009
781 Posts
I have a jr xp642 ch 30 with 2 rxs for sale.. asking $50 obo.
aerofly0610 is offline Find More Posts by aerofly0610
Last edited by aerofly0610; Oct 29, 2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:33 PM
T.R. miller
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
579 Posts
i have a wing and could cobble something together if the fuse is still avaiable? bring it to the meeting if you can
tr miller is offline Find More Posts by tr miller
Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:24 PM
Cox Engine Hoarder
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Jun 2004
571 Posts
That wing is fixable if its the one in the picture on the crashes and mishaps post.

Remove the covering and splice the main spar with lite ply and some CF tape. Cut new ribs and sandwich to the broken rib with epoxy. Rebalance wing with lead shot. Recover and enjoy!

Jason
Jason_WI is offline Find More Posts by Jason_WI
Old Oct 11, 2010, 06:21 PM
Scott Zastoupil
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,624 Posts
Eflite 62 inch Electric Cub

My cub is still for sale. I just added two 4S 4000mAh Lipos to the deal. RTF with your RX or the one included. Piece one together and spend close to $700, or purchase this for one low price. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post15462535
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:05 PM
Former B52H Crew Chief
Green Bay WI
Joined Feb 2009
781 Posts
TR i wont be at the meeting but I should be at the field saturday to help with the fill, i can bring it then.

Jason it was a $60 arf, not worth the effort for me to fix.
aerofly0610 is offline Find More Posts by aerofly0610
Last edited by aerofly0610; Oct 29, 2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 01:23 AM
Cox Engine Hoarder
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Jun 2004
571 Posts
I suppose it's easier to trash it. Back when people built planes from a kit alot of work went into them so repairing them when a crash happened was part of the hobby. I guess this is an effect of our throw away society.
Jason_WI is offline Find More Posts by Jason_WI
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:00 PM
Tom Holdren
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Oct 2010
131 Posts
WTB: DSM2 Receiver/ESC Unit: Super Cub LP

I'm really new to RC planes and Heli's, and joining the club shortly. I recently bought the RTF version of the Super Cub LP. When my new DX6i came yesterday, I realized it doesn't bind to the receiver in the RTF version (newbie mistake). I'm looking for the BNF version of the Super Cub LP receiver, or a nicely priced receiver that will get my Cub in the air and binded to my DX6i. Thanks.

Thoams
FlipFlops365 is offline Find More Posts by FlipFlops365
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:31 PM
Currently between sponsors...
Menasha, WI USA
Joined Jun 2003
771 Posts
The Cub does not have a Spektrum receiver then?
TailTwister is offline Find More Posts by TailTwister
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:48 PM
Scott Zastoupil
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlops365 View Post
I'm really new to RC planes and Heli's, and joining the club shortly. I recently bought the RTF version of the Super Cub LP. When my new DX6i came yesterday, I realized it doesn't bind to the receiver in the RTF version (newbie mistake). I'm looking for the BNF version of the Super Cub LP receiver, or a nicely priced receiver that will get my Cub in the air and binded to my DX6i. Thanks.

Thoams
In looking at the manual, you will also need a brushed speed controller (from what I can tell) that is Lipo compatible. The receiver (27MHz) has the speed controller integrated so you would be giving up both.
Correct model we're talking about?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview

Any reason you can't use the supplied 3 channel radio to fly this? It may cost upwards of $100 to gear up just to say you're on 2.4GHz. I'd suggest saving your pennies for the next model to use the 6i.

Frank, it's probably been a while since you've heard "27MHz" and "brushed". Not quite on the swap table with the escapements yet.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:18 PM
Tom Holdren
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Oct 2010
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by szastoupil View Post
In looking at the manual, you will also need a brushed speed controller (from what I can tell) that is Lipo compatible. The receiver (27MHz) has the speed controller integrated so you would be giving up both.
Correct model we're talking about?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview

Any reason you can't use the supplied 3 channel radio to fly this? It may cost upwards of $100 to gear up just to say you're on 2.4GHz. I'd suggest saving your pennies for the next model to use the 6i.

Frank, it's probably been a while since you've heard "27MHz" and "brushed". Not quite on the swap table with the escapements yet.
Yes thats the RTF cub that I have. I wasn't sure if I was going to like RC planes and this is my first plane. I also have a Blade 120SR so I figured I'd get a nice radio for them both. However, from what I've read, only the BNF cub binds to the DX6i and not the RTF version...they have different receivers (however I was told in a different forum they didn't).

Apparently I need to buy this guy:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HBZ7357
Last edited by FlipFlops365; Oct 27, 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:17 AM
Scott Zastoupil
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,624 Posts
I learned something new. It's funny the spectrum version wasn't shown as one of the options when visiting the Horizon Hobby Cub RTF page. Personally I have not seen one of these planes in the club. I see you have posted in the RCG classifieds looking for the ESC. So $50 now, or wait it out over the winter hoping for a deal. Good luck.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:21 AM
Tom Holdren
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Oct 2010
131 Posts
I think I'll take your advice and just use the Tx that came with the Cub and save up for another plane. I want something with aerolons. I've been surprisingly successful in not crashing my cub since I bought it. I realize the cub is probably the easiest starter plane to fly, but it's not as hard as I thought. I picked the wrong time of the year to get into this hobby. Are there many guys down at the sod farm this time of year? Can we still use the Anderson Sod Farm in winter?