HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2010, 11:12 AM
Airwolf57
I live in Injune Queensland which is about 825klms from Brisbane heading North
Joined Mar 2010
18 Posts
Discussion
SkyArtech Wasp V3 FP 2.4G 7Channel Helicopter

Hi fellow Helicopter pilots.. Im a newbie and I am awaiting delivery of this Helicopter which is my first venture into the 250 size Indoor/Outdoor.. I mostly have been with my Little Beasties as I call them Indoor Micro Helis and have had a ball with the 3Channel Gyro little machines..
Now I would believe that some of you out there would have one of these machines or similar and try not to give me the bad news if possible.. I have read good write ups on these apparantely better than the V4 Wasp ... Anyhow any advice for me would be most helpful as it will be my first step before the 450 series...So if you have any advice lets know ok tah...
The Airwolf..
Australia..
Airwolf57 is offline Find More Posts by Airwolf57
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2010, 03:14 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,373 Posts
Hi AW. My showercurtain world map doesn't show Brisbane but I know QUANTAS stands for Queensland and Northern Territories Air Service.

250 tailmotor helis are among the most difficult to fly. I have the Esky version of yours, which is very rugged and easy to fix. I can't tell you about the Skyartec version firsthand.

Be patient with yourself and the aircraft. Don't rush at all and don't get disappointed if you still can't "really" control it after a month. It will come to you.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Mar 03, 2010, 08:50 PM
Airwolf57
Joined Mar 2010
18 Posts
Thanks Arbilab .. Yeah cant wait to practice and practice and well you know tks for comments...
The Airwolf
Australia
Old Mar 03, 2010, 09:02 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,373 Posts
Good news is, if you can fly 250 tailmotor you can fly ANYthing.

Tie me kangaroo down sport! Rolf Harris fan.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:34 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
You should go in reverse. Start big then get smaller. It's much much easier to fly a 450 than a 250. However I have a Wasp v4. It's very stable for a 250 sized heli as the default settings are very docile. Also that huge flybar helps for stabilization. I had to install a T Rex 250 flybar and stretch the limits of my swashplate just to get more action.
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Last edited by tonyastro; Mar 03, 2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2010, 02:30 AM
Airwolf57
Joined Mar 2010
18 Posts
Hi Tony Astro.. Well I could do that mate as I have ordered the HK450 clone from Hobbyking with all the goodies to make it fly.. However the WaspV3 is due any day now and you dont think a red blooded trainee Pilot is just going to sit and look and look and fiddle haha.. No I started off in the Micro range with the 3 channel gyro jobs and not too bad on them so this is my first biggie even though its not a real biggie mate but I will get it up and running because I have never put a chopper together before so will have to take my time and get it right as I am the only one in this town that is interested in this Hobby.. Thats why I was recommended to join this forum as you guys out there can give me all the help I ask for... Ok tks again..
The Airwolf
Australia
Old Mar 08, 2010, 11:34 AM
Airwolf57
Joined Mar 2010
18 Posts
Still waiting for this Wasp V3 must be flying here by itself.. Hope its worth the wait... Talking to the English fellas at Heliguy and they seem to think its a good machine.. Alot of them over there seem to go for the HoneyBee King series.. But the Wasp did get some favourable comments so I feel ok about it and will learn I guess...
The Airwolf - Australia
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:35 PM
Airwolf57
Joined Mar 2010
18 Posts
Well the Beastie finally arrived and so I took the Manufacturers word for mmm
FLY OUT OF THE BOX "I promise I will never do that again" ...I charged up the battery and as I live in the country in Australia I have plenty of areas from which to choose...Anyway fitted battery and did my range test and checked that all was working, I also had my training gear fitted and so spooled her up and of course started leaning heavily to one side... Adjusted trim and started the Hover... All was ok until all of a sudden she squirted in a forward motion... I shut down the throttle and had a look everything looked ok I started again on the Hover then she moved to the left quickly... I soon put 2 and 2 together that this bird is not really mean for the wind.. And being new to outdoor flying I thought she was ... Anway after a few flights I ended up stipping the Main gear which is being replaced free of charge as I didnt hit the deck that hard to strip the main gear... So waiting now for main gear to come from Hongkong...will practice and practice to set it up properly...
I have ordered the HK-T500 with all recommended goodies and also the HK-600 to put together so that will be fun...

The Airwolf-Australia
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:38 PM
bc2960
Denver Colorado
Joined Sep 2008
4 Posts
Wasp X3V Flybarless Heli

I have one of these beasts and the ouput gear in the servos are the weak point of this machine. A rotor touch is usually enough to take out the gear. I have found that the servo is the same gear train as the E-Sky servo and getting gear sets for that is much simpler than going to Hong Kong. I plan to upgrade to a Metal Gear Servo.
bc2960 is offline Find More Posts by bc2960
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Oct 2007
164 Posts
Hello bc2960

This thread is from 2010.
Check the micro helis threads. There is a thread about the X3V.
robins22 is offline Find More Posts by robins22