|Mar 03, 2010, 12:37 AM|
My Trader Rules
1. I don't do Paypal. Get over it. None of my deals on RCG have involved PP (that's nearly 160 transactions, buying and selling, with no PP and complete satisfaction on both sides). More than a few of these deals were in the thousands of dollars.
2. Read my ads carefully. Every one of them will state "no Paypal". This means I will not accept PP as payment, and will not pay you with PP.
3. I don't ship internationally. Too much hassle and expense.
4. My reputation stands for itself. Not one unhappy trading counterpart - 100% satisfaction. Never screwed anyone over and I'm not going to tarnish my reputation just to make a few bucks.
5. If you're new here and/or have a single-digit trader rating, don't try to school me on integrity and trustworthiness. I don't care that you have two successful transactions on Craig's List, and just because you got scammed by a Somalian transient on eBay once does not make me a deadbeat. Read #4 again.
6. When offering to buy from you, I will ask to pay by check or USPS money order. My checks are good (see #1 and #4 above) and it's not a problem if you want to wait until the payment clears before shipping the item.
7. When I'm selling, and your feedback is good, I'll usually take a check from you. If it's a low-value item, sometimes I'll ship it without waiting for your check to clear. This is on a case-by-case basis.
8. I will no longer give anyone first right of refusal (reserve an item without payment). The first person to commit to payment gets it. If you want it, fine...but if the deal is contingent on waiting until a later date or delaying payment for some other reason, and someone else can complete the deal now, they get to jump in front of you. Been burned several times (by more than one friend, too!) on fairly high dollar transactions, trying to be the nice guy, then having people back out after I have turned away others. No more.
9. Saying "I'll take it" constitutes your commitment to a deal. If you then disappear without another word, you get free lifetime membership on my ignore list (nearly 130 members and growing). If you don't intend to buy it, don't say you will.
10. I will delete all non-relevant posts in my FS threads. Don't post asking where you can get something else, or where you can get something similar but cheaper. Start another thread or take it to PMs.
11. If something turns out to not be right with a deal, I'll do my best to make it right. My item descriptions are accurate and you can ask questions.
12. Read #1 and #2 again.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Suggestion||Can you update the Trader Rules?||HappyKillmore||Site Suggestions / Complaints||0||Feb 25, 2009 10:41 PM|
|Suggestion||Can you update the Trader Rules?||HappyKillmore||Site Suggestions / Complaints||8||Jan 02, 2009 11:17 AM|
|Question||Clarification of trader forum rules please.||Twmaster||Site Suggestions / Complaints||1||Apr 22, 2006 12:51 AM|