HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2010, 02:32 PM
Joined Aug 2007
548 Posts
Thanks for the condolences guys.,...

As for the Raven, another one will be up soon.....I will call it the Phoenix!
Azhar is offline Find More Posts by Azhar
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2010, 02:42 PM
Sniffing the glue
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Aug 2010
228 Posts
here is my new to me 50cc engine for the Sbach

scamair is offline Find More Posts by scamair
Old Oct 24, 2010, 03:10 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhar View Post
Thanks for the condolences guys.,...

As for the Raven, another one will be up soon.....I will call it the Phoenix!
A very appropriate name for the new one.
Ashes is pretty much all that was left of the other.

Keep us updated as to what DA tells you!

Jon,

Keep the questions flowing. I really don't mind the 20-50 texts a day with questions. We all learn from others what we don't know ourselves.

That 3DHS racer edge....I'm really starting to dig it. An overpowered, slightly heavier than stock speedster with aerobatic capabilities..sounds good to me.
Just as another 3d ship, it doesn't appeal to me.

This is why I really like my green MX2. It has very sleek lines and isn't fat at all. Very streamline design.

The Slick 540 is more of a 3d machine I would think as its fatter in the fuse. Aerobatics and wild hair 3d action is what I think its designed for when I look at it.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Oct 24, 2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 03:32 PM
Sniffing the glue
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Aug 2010
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
for planes, no, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 22 and 14.

Resolution of 1024 hitec and 2048 futaba...
with the appropriate servo's that use 2048 resolution, you would be able to tell the finite difference, but for general use, no.

Heli flyers would swear they do..but for planks..you wouldn't be able to tell.

It will come down to how the radio feels in your hands to be honest.
In this regard, the edge goes to hitec since it feels great in the hands as it has that rubber backing to the sides and bottom.

It really comes down to the link reliance.
Both Futaba and Hitec beat out Crashum anytime when it comes to signal/link integrity

spektrum...lock onto two separate channels. Stays there.

Futaba and hitec...hop around the different channels hundreds of times per second.

FYI

Futaba
http://2.4gigahertz.com/features/features.html

FCC reports for Futaba shows that FASST RF core is DSSS, but they also added Frequency Hopping or "Channel Shifting" on top of that, so FASST is a FHSS/DSSS hybrid system. This means that not only is the signal spread across a whole channel (DSSS) but it also hops continuously from one channel to another (FHSS), 36 channels.
Toss in signal diversity antenna's that are monitored, you have a very solid system in a compact reciever. (those with dual antenna's)

The single antenna Fasst receivers (less expensive but very solid link) give up the internal dual receiver, but you still have frequency/channel hopping hundreds of times a second.

Hitec
AFHSS Explained

There are two ways it can work.

Normal mode, (default) uses the same 20 channels as when it was bound. This has almost instantaneous linking time, and you can operate redundant RX's if needed.

Scan mode, scans the band (79 channels) every time it turns on to pick the cleanest 20 channels to use. The link time is about 3-5 seconds, but you must cycle power if you lose power to either TX or RX (not brownout condition,) and you cannot use two RX's at the same time for redundancy

Hitec will pick the cleanest 20 channels to use at the time of turn on...but during a flight, one or more of those channels can become dirty, however, odds are that all 20 channels are dirty is very very remote.

Spektrum

Spektrum DSSS locks onto two channels and stays there. It scans for two open channels at power up. One or more channels could theoretically go dirty by outside environmental interference (phones, wireless routers, etc). The use of redundant receivers is necessary since there is no dual diversity, channel hopping, antenna signal strength monitoring.
Other spektrum receivers at the field would not lock onto "used" channels that are bound to another spektrum user's receiver/transmitter.
Thanks for all the great info: almost bought the Hitec but I have all spektrum receivers in everything already so I picked this up on Saturday.
scamair is offline Find More Posts by scamair
Old Oct 24, 2010, 04:50 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Ya know there's someting thats been on my mind ever since the FHSS stuff came along. Is it possible for them to interfere with the DSSS systems?
I mean since they hop through the entire 2.4ghz band and in assuming all 80channels, it seems to me they certainly can. And yeah I know that each Tx also has a unique digital sig. that the bound Rx answers to and only to it.
But I wonder if these FHSS systems could be making it harder for the DSM Rx's to hear and read that unique sig at times.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Oct 24, 2010, 05:32 PM
Joined Aug 2007
548 Posts
It does not interfere with the DSSS as it does not linger at any one place long enough for it to be a problem.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:06 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Mmmm, yeah thats kinda what I'd figure. But then again it keeps coming back again and again, several hundred times a second according to what I read up there. So that said, it would seem that it's stepping on all 80 channels many times a second and would be as if its on all of them all the time.

Hard to wrap the ole brain around that, but im picturing a superhero say......"The flash" running up and down the street stepping on each house's entryway once as he passes, and lets say he makes the trip only 50 times per second on a street with 80 houses. You can see where im going with that.
His foot would appear to be on all of them, all at once all the time. His foot may not linger longer that a fraction of a second, but it returns back to it many times a second so that it's practicly there full time.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Oct 24, 2010, 10:17 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Azhar,

can you order Scheme A or B of the EG MXS-R?
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:48 PM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Azhar,

can you order Scheme A or B of the EG MXS-R?
Oooo...

DO let us know!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:54 PM
Joined Aug 2007
548 Posts
MXS-R currently is available only through Red Aero. Things may change next year but we shall see.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:55 PM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
I know Cry and I would buy both schemes between the two of us lol.. the green one and the Matt Hall scheme Dibs on the Matt Hall scheme cry!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:07 AM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhar View Post
MXS-R currently is available only through Red Aero. Things may change next year but we shall see.
So even though Redaero is only selling the Brietling version now, they have exclusive rights to the MXS-R in any scheme?

Jon, no dibs!!

Although I'm leaning towards the green one, the Matt Hall scheme is cool as well.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:25 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,605 Posts
3DHS 84" Edge video

Greetings local flying friends...

Here's the first video of the 3DHS 84" Edge.
Per Ben the wing is still in work and it's a good thing too.. the plane IS un-flyable just take a look, Joe is barely able to keep it straight and level in 10-15 mph winds.

PS. Rumor is there will be two wing tips available, rounded and square.

25centEdgeProto.wmv (5 min 15 sec)

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,761 Posts
Thank you D-Man. Any idea of the specs, equipment, weight of that proto and such?
Steve
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:43 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,761 Posts
Scratch that D-Man. Got it.
25% Edge prototype (no, we're not sure what the wingspan is going to be, Scott is still tweaking) with Joe Smith at the controls. HAcker A50-12L + 18x8 Xoar PJN on 8S 3850mah, Hitec Aurora9 + 4 x HS-985MG. Wind 10 gusting 15 or so. Sounds like a 10ish Ib. plane to me.
Steve
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa