HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:33 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Since I don't have a video to share on my HobbyPartz Gyro test flight, here is a very close demonstration (I found and also pre-ordered a week ago).
HobbyKing sells them but they jacked-up the price which is now same as US LHS retail price.
EagleTree is a well known brand.
The one difference, (but not all) with this EagleTree Guardian is that, It has a 2D MODE which is an AUTO-RECOVERY if pilot gets in trouble.
On 3D mode it flies just like the video shows.
Note that it keeps it's orientation, just like the HobbyPartz.

Guardian 2D/3D stuffed into an old Q260 foamie for maiden (12 min 36 sec)
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:16 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Daniel... That was epic! One of your most creative entertaining vids yet! The music was especially well chosen. I found myself wanting to listen to more...
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:29 AM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Since I don't have a video to share on my HobbyPartz Gyro test flight, here is a very close demonstration (I found and also pre-ordered a week ago).
HobbyKing sells them but they jacked-up the price which is now same as US LHS retail price.
EagleTree is a well known brand.
The one difference, (but not all) with this EagleTree Guardian is that, It has a 2D MODE which is an AUTO-RECOVERY if pilot gets in trouble.
On 3D mode it flies just like the video shows.
Note that it keeps it's orientation, just like the HobbyPartz.

http://vimeo.com/58313155
I put the Eagle Tree Guardian on my DW Juka and it works just like in the video. In 3D mode it doesn't fly 3D for you but if you set your plane up in a hover, harrier or knife edge properly it will keep it there. The thing I found the most fun was knife edge loops. Just set up for knife edge flight and hold full rudder for all the knife edge loops you want. Like in the video wile flying with the Eagle Tree Guardian I was saying to myself ...."This is cheating" but it was fun
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:01 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter View Post
Like in the video wile flying with the Eagle Tree Guardian I was saying to myself ...."This is cheating" but it was fun
Agreed what makes this 3D hobby so interesting, addictive & an obsession is the fact that it is very difficult & time intensive to progress to the level of the likes of Daniel, Supatim, Flop or Kody. They are my 3D performance benchmark bogies! Using a gyro for 3D would take some of the fun & skill out of it

At times I kind of feel like Snoopy flying his 3D dog house dreaming of chasing them down, grrr....lol

Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Jan 31, 2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:22 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,409 Posts
Hang in there Lee, you're better than you think. You run with a pretty good group of guys and you'd be surprised what you can pick up from "field osmosis!" Even though it's a serious commute for me I enjoy coming up to fly with these guys. I'm still robbing moves from Flop, Vic, Kody, and the rest of the MARC all-stars...
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:24 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,409 Posts
A few months ago I maidened that 33% Aeroworks Extra 260 with the DLE-60 twin. Yeah it was fun but now I'm ready to REALLY have a good time...

Check out the new DLE-85 on the same airframe, gonna test it out tomorrow but I have a sneaky suspicion it's not about to suck...

Dle-85 First Run! (1 min 13 sec)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:24 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Feb 2002
822 Posts
Above 45 deg temps and little Sun is in the cards for the next few days. Who's flying what, when and where?
kody'd'punk is offline Find More Posts by kody'd'punk
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:30 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarl Of Whirl View Post
At times I kind of feel like Snoopy flying his 3D dog house dreaming of chasing them down, grrr....lol
I can certainly relate to that Lee, my day dream is to become "Supavittaflopd'punk"

I'm in the middle of moving right now so I'm afraid I won't be to take advantage of the heat wave Kody
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:33 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Feb 2002
822 Posts
That's awesome! Say that 10 times fast!!!
kody'd'punk is offline Find More Posts by kody'd'punk
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:39 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kody'd'punk View Post
That's awesome! Say that 10 times fast!!!
No suprise, I can't

LOL
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:17 AM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,744 Posts
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...Type=graphical

Saturday, high of 53?! Dude, I gotta get out and fly. I'm in for MARC. I'll have the 60" EF Edge ready to fly.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:17 AM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim View Post
Wakey, wakey, how about a little bedtime video? E-tards beware the soundtrack will haunt your dreams... Gas Monkeys UNITE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVUlx1ySuuo
So Vitter bought Crys plane?

Nice flying guys!! Can't wait to rip the hell out of Rainier.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:31 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,409 Posts
Me and Vic are doing a south sound gas friendly world tour. Tomorrow is NCC day if anyone is up for it, come earn your stripes as random field hucker!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:42 AM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim View Post
Me and Vic are doing a south sound gas friendly world tour. Tomorrow is NCC day if anyone is up for it, come earn your stripes as random field hucker!
NCC?

I'm most likely out. I have a ton of work to do tomorrow before the weekend. But I'm down Saturday.

No Giant plane for me yet. Soon though....very soon!!
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:53 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...Type=graphical

Saturday, high of 53?! Dude, I gotta get out and fly. I'm in for MARC. I'll have the 60" EF Edge ready to fly.
I would love to see you fly the edge! Count me in.

I will come out on Saturday as long as I am not sick. Just fighting off drainage and a minor sore throat. Dont worry, I have already had that awful flu bug this year, so thats not it....
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael