HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:07 PM
ex-noob
Lardog's Avatar
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post
D-Man you guys have got it made at Geysers down south.
If you take a motorcycle it is free to park. LOL
It wasn't this past summer. I was out cruising around on my Harley and wanted to ride in and check out he field as I had never been there. They stopped me at the gate shack and said I'd have to pay just to come into the park.
Lardog is online now Find More Posts by Lardog
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:19 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
xxD-Manxx's Avatar
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog View Post
It wasn't this past summer. I was out cruising around on my Harley and wanted to ride in and check out he field as I had never been there. They stopped me at the gate shack and said I'd have to pay just to come into the park.
That's true Lardog.....
These days walking or bicycling in are the only ways to get into a WA. State Park without paying.

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:35 PM
My tapeworm tells me what todo
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2007
257 Posts
At FGF you'll buy a $30.00 a year for a WA State Park Discover Pass.
At MARC it's a $1.00 a day (how many times does one fly in a year?).
FYI:
If you rock the handicapped parking like I do then no parking Fee.
"Spinal Arthritis"
tconners is offline Find More Posts by tconners
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:50 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tconners View Post
At FGF you'll buy a $30.00 a year for a WA State Park Discover Pass.
At MARC it's a $1.00 a day (how many times does one fly in a year?).
FYI:
If you rock the handicapped parking like I do then no parking Fee.
"Spinal Arthritis"
How about for those afflicted with small dick syndrome?
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:07 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
SupaTim's Avatar
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
How about for those afflicted with small dick syndrome?
Haha, I've been accused of that. I just tell them the frank is the right size, it's just my beans are so big!

FRANKS N BEANS (0 min 18 sec)
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Last edited by SupaTim; Jan 15, 2013 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim View Post
Haha, I've been accused of that. I just tell them the frank is the right size, it's just my beans are so big!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ME1wbFOiD4
love that movie.

"open up a can of whoopass on you"
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:32 PM
aka JetMan Joe
MCSGUY's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
2,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
How about for those afflicted with small dick syndrome?
Does that qualify me for disability payments??

BTW, as it was explained to me:
"If you have flyers from outside the Marymoor club then this event will require an AMA sanction and an AMA Contest Director. The sanction is required to protect the Club and our contract with King County".
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:23 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Does that qualify me for disability payments??

BTW, as it was explained to me:
"If you have flyers from outside the Marymoor club then this event will require an AMA sanction and an AMA Contest Director. The sanction is required to protect the Club and our contract with King County".
makes sense. So the issue would be to entice more members to show up to an event, although it would seem that the majority of members are antithetic to the idea of a 3d centric flydown event. Not all of course, but a good chunk of them.
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:07 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
Mr Whirl's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
BTW, as it was explained to me:
"If you have flyers from outside the Marymoor club then this event will require an AMA sanction and an AMA Contest Director. The sanction is required to protect the Club and our contract with King County".
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
makes sense. So the issue would be to entice more members to show up to an event, although it would seem that the majority of members are antithetic to the idea of a 3d centric flydown event. Not all of course, but a good chunk of them.
Good points as always Cry. Agreed, we will probably not make much ground with the anti-3D/fun members.

However looking at it from a long term membership growth prospective. Having a 3D event would create tremendous MARC public relations and thus ultimately attract more new 3D / FPV / EDF / Heli members. What really makes MARC unique is the constant flow of public traffic thru the park. Whenever there was an adhoc 3D mob event last summer / fall the grandstands behind the field became filled with awe struck & mesmerized spectators many of which were kids & teens. I normally spent 5 to 10 minutes with the kids & teens on my way out showing them my plane & further fueling their interest in RC. Some of these kids/teens will be our next new members this summer after they are encouraged to attend Tuesday trainer days.

I like the Idea Joe! I can see the vision, keep running with it.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Jan 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:15 PM
aka JetMan Joe
MCSGUY's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
2,433 Posts
Heck, we've had what would be considered a good turnout at the kind of event I'm hoping for at our 3D Flash Mob events. If we could generate the same turnout as that plus half a dozen more we'd have a good show. We have to talk a few guys like Flarpy and Flopgun into buying a membership.

Of course I might have access to a "benevolence" fund that will pay for the memberships of indigents who happen to be excellent 3D flyers.......
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:29 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Heck, we've had what would be considered a good turnout at the kind of event I'm hoping for at our 3D Flash Mob events. If we could generate the same turnout as that plus half a dozen more we'd have a good show. We have to talk a few guys like Flarpy and Flopgun into buying a membership.

Of course I might have access to a "benevolence" fund that will pay for the memberships of indigents who happen to be excellent 3D flyers.......
This is true.
Some of the flash mob gatherings have attracted the boys from far and wide.
Heck I even saw Stevelmaa there once or twice when I got my arse to the field

It is rather cool that the summertime spectators would hang out at the field and watch.
Having a large number of big and small planes on display, and then allowing manageable numbers of spectators to come walk the flight line and ask questions is fun stuff as well. Except for the standard questions being asked over and over..lol..such as how much, how far, how fast, and can I fly it.
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:54 PM
Registered User
pro bro steve's Avatar
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
983 Posts
Now you are getting it Guys . Thanks Lee you got it right . I thought Joe and I we would hang out on the board and take baby steps. Joe jumped right in there and less than a month 3 D changes are taking place to secure our type of flying at the club. BTW there is a New FPV letter Ian is writing (to be approved soon) to go to King Co hopefully to reverse the ban. Hat off to you Joe . PS I did not get a chance to thank you for calling me and reminding me about the board meeting I almost missed last week.
pro bro steve is offline Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Last edited by pro bro steve; Jan 16, 2013 at 01:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:09 PM
IT Ninja
Captain Awesome's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2012
194 Posts
Speaking of gatherings, this weekend looks like it will offer decent weather.
Is anyone planning to fly at MARC on Friday or Saturday?
Captain Awesome is offline Find More Posts by Captain Awesome
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:41 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
furballll's Avatar
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
758 Posts
so if fpv is banned in marcs field, whats to stop you from flying from the road and flying over the park? is there a huge fine? tecnically your not flying from the park so your not using the park your just being safe and not flying over residential land.
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:21 AM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furballll View Post
so if fpv is banned in marcs field, whats to stop you from flying from the road and flying over the park? is there a huge fine? tecnically your not flying from the park so your not using the park your just being safe and not flying over residential land.
I think way back when my dad and brother flew...you had to be outside of a 3mile radius from the club. That obviously was due to FM issues.

Not sure if AMA sanctioned clubs have restricted airspace....decent question to find out.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3DHS Aspera - p/u only, Seattle or Portland Earthbound Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 26, 2009 07:16 PM
Cool seattle area pilots b36roxs Slope 0 Jul 26, 2008 12:32 PM
A Few Wood Built-up 3D Planes in the Seattle Area xwingnut Non R/C Items (FS/W) 4 Jan 07, 2008 07:12 PM
Sold Parkzone Typhoon 3D (Seattle area only) price reduced to $100 corsha99 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Feb 04, 2007 11:44 AM
Seattle Area Pilots, lets fly this weekend Todd Long Electric Plane Talk 9 Sep 08, 2001 03:40 AM