HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:29 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,054 Posts
Cry here is a Idea if Lee show up he has a DB meter. You can lower your throttle using your radio to hit 90 DB . And still have plenty power to cruz it around. Joe did it on his new plane on his maiden and it worked great. Your plane was not that far off it would only take a little change. I can bring my TNT tack to see how much of a change it will take if you want.
pro bro steve is offline Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Last edited by pro bro steve; Nov 24, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:38 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dand2k View Post
Robert and his new plane on Thanksgiving. I had to leave before he got it in the air, but it was sure pretty on the ground.
Nice looking plane Robert, nice shade of green. Pilot does a good job decking their planes out. Too bad you don't post, you could tell us how the maiden went.

Flarpy, you always inspire me
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:49 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post
Cry here is a Idea if Lee show up he has a DB meter. You can lower your throttle using your radio to hit 90 DB . And still have plenty power to cruz it around. Joe did it on his new plane on his maiden and it worked great. Your plane was not that far off it would only take a little change. I can bring my TNT tack to see how much of a change it will take if you want.
I'd like to get a copy of that DB meter app (IPhone right?) That way I can figure out the best combination of prop selection and throttle limit before heading down to the field. I got a couple of the Xoars with CF tips to see if they help, otherwise I'll try a 27" in place of the 28, I need to be able to up the RPM some.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:59 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,054 Posts
You guys with your fancy phones have it made.

Looking at E-bay you can get one for as low as $13.95 shipped to $2,600

Here is a cheap one E bay . USA shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Accu...=LH_DefaultDom

Here is 2 APP for I phones https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deci...382776256?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/db-m...438309722?mt=8
Last edited by pro bro steve; Nov 24, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:01 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,464 Posts
Hey guys, hope you guys hucked a little for me today. The fam and I headed over to SupaSis's place in Wenatchee to play in the snow, but literally all of it got washed out this yesterday...

No snow in Wenatchee but thank goodness for the crack yak lite on 3s to cheer me up!

SupaTim huckin the Crack Yak Lite on 3s! (2 min 29 sec)
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,054 Posts
Tim the weather here in Redmond was great a little cold but not bad. Good to see your sis trees are green and not black from the fires in the summer there.

Nice flying the Crack Yak. FUN FUN FUN I am going to have to have one under my tree this year for sure. Drive safe back SL.

PS the grass got cut today at MARC . You guys get your planes Batt charged, tomorrow will be even better to fly.
Last edited by pro bro steve; Nov 24, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:37 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,464 Posts
Thanks Steve pretty much still smells like campfire everywhere up here. Got the prop yesterday too, thanks again!

BTW 2s CYL is pretty sweet too. After the last one figured I'd post a 2s clip too:

SupaTim huckin the Crack Yak Lite on a 2s lipo! (2 min 15 sec)
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:00 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Cryhavoc, I've got an Airmodels 28x10 CF prop drilled for a DA-100/120 that I'm looking to sell. PM me if you're interested.

It's only got around 20 flights on it and was on Michael's airplane for the XFC.
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:20 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Now THIS, is awesome!
"The 4CE" Formation Team: Rob Holland, Matt Chapman, Jack Knutson, Bill Stein (2 min 32 sec)
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Apr 2008
293 Posts
That was some bad ass flying Tim
harv_d is offline Find More Posts by harv_d
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:43 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
Cryhavoc, I've got an Airmodels 28x10 CF prop drilled for a DA-100/120 that I'm looking to sell. PM me if you're interested.

It's only got around 20 flights on it and was on Michael's airplane for the XFC.
Hi Daniel,
From what I understand, the 28x10 will rip on my engine as well.
Gareth had a 28x10 on his da100L and it was the plane that was making everyone's ears bleed at Huck before he went with a 3 blade.

thanks though.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:50 AM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim View Post
No snow in Wenatchee but thank goodness for the crack yak lite on 3s to cheer me up!
Dam that cheered me up too!

My Crack arrived today, just waiting on custom carbon parts to build it up & make it uniquely mine.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:18 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim View Post
Hey guys, hope you guys hucked a little for me today. The fam and I headed over to SupaSis's place in Wenatchee to play in the snow, but literally all of it got washed out this yesterday...

No snow in Wenatchee but thank goodness for the crack yak lite on 3s to cheer me
Nice flying ST, I plan to start getting some CYL time in tomorrow

Also for those with a smart phone, there's a bunch of SPL meter apps available if you want to get a jump start on DB'n your cookie machine. iTunes had 48 to choose from, I selected a free one that had a bunch of positive reviews. I may pick up one for a buck that claims to be more accurate then a "radio shack" unit and can be calibrated against the MARC unit
Last edited by MCSGUY; Nov 25, 2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:39 AM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Nice 'crackin' Tim.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:55 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
That was Awesome Daniel... great way to wake up and watch while I'm having morning coffee!!
Thanks for sharing.
D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx