HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:45 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Which one of you will volunteer to test out the sound output of the bat plane?
Am I glad you brought that up My next years re-election effort begins tomorrow and with campaign costs being what they are..........

MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Aug 2007
548 Posts
Congrats to Joe and Steve. Let me know if you guys need any help. I will be there to help you if needed.
Azhar is offline Find More Posts by Azhar
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:47 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,503 Posts
YAY
Awesome news, Joe and Steve, thanks again!
I can now support the economy by buying more FPV gear!
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:52 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,761 Posts
Congrats Guys.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:22 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Am I glad you brought that up My next years re-election effort begins tomorrow and with campaign costs being what they are..........

I read you loud and clear...or should that be quiet and clear

I was planning on being there last night, but after a three hour drive from Bonney Lake back to Woodinville, the last thing I wanted to do was venture back out in traffic.

On a more serious note..Joe and Steve...to what term did you two fill. I remember there being different terms that needed filling, ie 1,2 and 3 year terms.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:11 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhar View Post
Let me know if you guys need any help. I will be there to help you if needed.
+1

Count me in as one of your board meeting or board member responsibility backups.

I confirmed my commitment with Everett last night to help with training the youngsters next year on Tuesday nights. The first lessons in my flight instruction series (3D hovering 101 & torque roll 201), screw takeoffs & landings we are jumping straight into the good stuff.

Now I just need to learn how to torque roll better. Help Kody & Flop!
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:21 PM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
I read you loud and clear...or should that be quiet and clear

I was planning on being there last night, but after a three hour drive from Bonney Lake back to Woodinville, the last thing I wanted to do was venture back out in traffic.

On a more serious note..Joe and Steve...to what term did you two fill. I remember there being different terms that needed filling, ie 1,2 and 3 year terms.
Steve got the two year term and Joe the one year.
Lardog is offline Find More Posts by Lardog
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,055 Posts
Cry

I got the 2 year term. The first board meeting will be on Dec 12 . I guess they will vote on what duties we will be doing .

Mark I will hold off on buying any new FPV equipment until MARC (hopefully) gets the ban lifted.
pro bro steve is offline Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
452 Posts
Question: Per Robert's advice I bought a bunch of packs for the crack yak. Doh, didn't think about charging a bunch of packs one at a time What is the recommended charger for multiple 2s 460ish (nano) packs? The Hitech x4?

http://www.amazon.com/HiTec-44167-Pl...ref=pd_sim_t_1

The line in the features throws me though "Reduces charging time, but does not balance the cells" - and yet it seems to accept jst-xh balancing plugs without an additional board?

I already have a decent 12v supply so I am thinking maybe just the DC version. any comments?
spiked3 is offline Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:36 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,783 Posts
Larry has it correct, I was 5th place so I got the one year hitch, Steve came in 4th place. On a serious note I hope to make some headway on field improvements. When I was doing my calling I found about half of those I talked with said the grass was their biggest grievance. We have alot of guys who fly small wheeled craft and there's others like me who would love to be able to fly EDF's. Due to maintenance and approval issues the only thing that might eventually get approved is replanting a portion of the field in a dwarf bermudagrass used at golf courses. It will take some research. Another good idea it getting the charging area covered. It wouldn't take much and might open the door to similar type improvements down the road.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:09 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Way to go guys, you ran a great campaign. Just renewed my membership to MARC and AMA. Can we cut that tree behind the wind sock? Also it would be great if you could move the sun over somewhere so it doesn't get in my eyes while flying. And those mosquitoes, let's relocate them.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Last edited by egaus; Nov 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:13 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiked3 View Post
Question: Per Robert's advice I bought a bunch of packs for the crack yak. Doh, didn't think about charging a bunch of packs one at a time What is the recommended charger for multiple 2s 460ish (nano) packs? The Hitech x4?

http://www.amazon.com/HiTec-44167-Pl...ref=pd_sim_t_1

The line in the features throws me though "Reduces charging time, but does not balance the cells" - and yet it seems to accept jst-xh balancing plugs without an additional board?

I already have a decent 12v supply so I am thinking maybe just the DC version. any comments?
For the small batteries most chargers will do the job. I have no direct experience with the Hitec but it's been around awhile. I think you might be able to find the same thing with a different label for less money. I've heard they're all made by the same china outfit. When you get to the larger batteries then I'm a real proponent of the Hyperian chargers with a close second being the ICharger.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:16 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Spike, with the smaller batteries I charge 6 of them at a time with a parallel cable. Works fine as long as the lips are at similar resting states.

I get my parallel cables here:
http://www.progressiverc.com/adapter...arallel-charge
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:24 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
452 Posts
Thanks. I have 2 decent thunder power chargers, although one is dated and only has thunder power balance adapters on it (1010C from the big E-Heli days). That's the one I'm thinking of setting aside and replacing with the x4.
I already have the parallel cable, but was a bit hesitant to use it on 2 cells (I got it for The 1 cell mQX batteries), but if it's acceptable for 2S it certainly is the cheapest/quickest way.

I read, and have no way of knowing how much BS it is, but the generic china version have 5% resistors in the balance circuit vs 1% in the hitechnic and as a result you might see a diff in actual balance voltage - although I doubt if 4% is really a concern?

Anyhow - thanks, I think i'll go with the DC version of the X4 since there is nothing said bad about it.
spiked3 is offline Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:50 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
763 Posts
I've got the itch! Really need to fly betty.
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy