SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:19 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,009 Posts
I think the guys with FPV need to go to the next board meeting and let them know you will up hold the AMA rules and have a spotter at all times when you fly. If they feel better give them the power regulate the guys that pass to lift the ban, like the stickers on the gas airplanes that take the DB measurement and pass. Just my 2 cents.
pro bro steve is online now Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Last edited by pro bro steve; Nov 01, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:35 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
430 Posts
Does anyone have experience with this board at all?

I know boards CAN vary greatly. Often there is no public discussion at board meetings, they are there to get business done, argue among themselves, and not with the public. Some boards may or may not have a public speaking period, but if so, that must be on the agenda, and the agenda is controlled by the president. It just depends on how the president wants to run things.
It is much closer to our government, if you have an issue you need to get in contact with one or more board members, and convince them of your position, they represent you.
As members we are welcome to observe board meetings, and we can certainly look at the minutes - but unless it is a very loosely run board, we (the public) probably should not expect to have conversations at board meetings (which is why I ask if anyone knows).
spiked3 is online now Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:50 PM
Watts is where its at!
Joined Oct 2004
1,741 Posts
The public (i.e. members) can attend board meetings. It's just that we dont know whats on the docket for the board meeting beforehand. If you wanted to object to the FPV ban then you had to be psychic. There are several people in our group that fly quad copters and have FPV gear that are obvious people to talk to. The board did not approach any of these members. They either dont know or don't care to ask. They didn't send out any e-mail asking of opinions.

The board's comment to us on the issue?: "You had your chance"

So as I understand it, I'm obliged to show up to every board meeting now because I dont know what they will ban next or when they will do it. That or I can elect a more open board.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:12 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,596 Posts
Jack did say we could submit a reinstatement plan and the board would consider it. I do believe someone is preparing one, at least he said he was at the last meeting but I didn't get his contact info.
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:24 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,596 Posts
Below is the letter I had suggested we candidates send to the membership roster (minus any known opposition). I figured if all five of us agreed doing so would be a good idea then it probably was. It doesn't look like it's going to work out that way but I'm curious: what say the mob?

I am contacting you in regards to the MARC board of directors election. As a club member you have 5 votes, one for each of the five board member openings. I am one of a group of five members who are running to protect and promote the interests of those members who find themselves outside of the active main stream of club decision making. If your interests lie in FPV (recently banned), 3D (tolerated), EDF (inadequately supported) or would just like to see it become more difficult for the board to ban emerging RC technology without first giving you a say - then we ask for your votes. We are not the candidates who were hand picked by the present leadership so we have little chance of being elected unless we can interest the 60% of the membership who typically do not vote. So please log in and read the bios on:

Azhar Osmanbuoy
Stephen Lenz
Joel Ball
Lee Paddock
Joe Giamona

If one or more of us meet with your approval then we would appreciate that vote or votes.

Thanks for your consideration,
Last edited by MCSGUY; Nov 02, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:08 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Jack did say we could submit a reinstatement plan and the board would consider it. I do believe someone is preparing one, at least he said he was at the last meeting but I didn't get his contact info.
Joe if you want to contact Jack Fiscus just go to the MARC web and hit on contacts on the left all of the board member will pop up with there phone # and E mail #
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:13 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,596 Posts
Alan McSwain in is the process of developing a comprehenive FPV proposal and will be contacting you (and Azhar, Gareth, Joel and Lee) to be part of his "review team". We should see the first draft sometime next week.
Last edited by MCSGUY; Nov 02, 2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:45 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Alan McSwain in is the process of developing a comprehenive proposal and will be contacting you (and Azhar, Gareth, Joel and Lee) to be part of his "review team". We should see the first draft sometime next week.
Sorry Joe got your Contact Info Jack mixed up with Alan McSwain My bad.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:23 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,485 Posts
Just placed my MARc votes..... Via la Huckness!

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:50 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,699 Posts
My votes are in.
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:38 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,596 Posts
Ditto
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Mar 2012
175 Posts
Votes casted
dand2k is offline Find More Posts by dand2k
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:51 PM
Watts is where its at!
Joined Oct 2004
1,741 Posts
http://motherboard.vice.com/2012/11/...attery-life--2
I love seeing things like this! 1000mah per gram! Electric airplanes with as good as gas flight times would be possible with this. Over the next 10 years work like this will totally revolutionize batteries.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:07 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,009 Posts
Votes done. Good luck guys

Vote:
Your Vote:
Joel Ball
Joe Giamona
Steve Lenz
Azhar Osmanbhoy
Lee Paddock

Who is going flying today ???
Last edited by pro bro steve; Nov 02, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:13 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Feb 2002
822 Posts
Steve when are you looking at heading out?

If the weather holds I'd like to test fly this 71" Gas slick. This slick is SICK!

Looks like less then a 20% chance tell around 6pm (Dark)...

K
kody'd'punk is offline Find More Posts by kody'd'punk