30 Min or 2 Hour glue Ha Ha
pro bro steve is offline Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, WA, Bothell
Joined Jan 2007
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcannon98 View Post
Hey, Guys I am in the final phase of trying to organize a series of indoor flying events. The facility is the Southwest Teen Life Center; it is located in West Seattle near Chief Stealth high school. I have access on Sundays afternoons. The exact time is still to be determined. The center has a large full size gymnasium, which we would use as our flying area, tables, and electrical outlets are available. Tentative dates are November 11, 18 and December 2,9,16. There would not be any fee for entry, but for the November dates, I am considering asking for a donation of a can of food for your entry. All food donated will be given in the name of our group (NCC indoor or whatever) to local charity. I need whatever help I can get on organizing this event, and anyone’s advice and help would be greatly appreciated.
I am down with donating some food, even if I don't get to fly.
GotballsP-38 is offline Find More Posts by GotballsP-38
Last edited by GotballsP-38; Nov 01, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:20 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Got my butt handed to me in a kite yesterday. I'm so Freakin sore!!! Can't believe I paid $$ to get drug around by a 9meter kite for 3 hours!!
Missing Ugulybetty.
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:38 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,667 Posts
Board of Directors Vote

Hey Azhar, Lee, Joel and Steve

My understanding is that 60% of the members don't usually vote so the make up of the board is really controlled by a minority of the memberhip. So I have just sent you a form letter to address that, my thinking being we should send it out to each member listed on the club roster (omitting the present board and selected others). If you guys approve then we need to split up the alphabet and get them emailed out ASAP. Let me know if it's a go.
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:53 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarpy View Post
Got my butt handed to me in a kite yesterday. I'm so Freakin sore!!! Can't believe I paid $$ to get drug around by a 9meter kite for 3 hours!!
Missing Ugulybetty.
Story Time!
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:50 AM
IT Ninja
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2012
203 Posts
I don't know if you've seen this already, but it has to be the coolest R/C airplane rescue ever.

Helicopter Fishing (4 min 53 sec)
Captain Awesome is offline Find More Posts by Captain Awesome
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:23 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post

My understanding is that 60% of the members don't usually vote so the make up of the board is really controlled by a minority of the memberhip. So I have just sent you a form letter to address that, my thinking being we should send it out to each member listed on the club roster (omitting the present board and selected others). If you guys approve then we need to split up the alphabet and get them emailed out ASAP. Let me know if it's a go.
As a member of MARC, you can login to the MARC website and get all the members contact information to send out something encouraging them to vote.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:56 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Feb 2002
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
As a member of MARC, you can login to the MARC website and get all the members contact information to send out something encouraging them to vote.
Might not be the best thing though... Most of the older members will just vote for people they have known...

Compile a list of people we know want change in the right direction and mail them. Maybe that's the list Lee posted already? We must know more. No?

Brian from the youth group, the few kids that fly with us??? There all members and if we speak with them maybe they will vote.

K
kody'd'punk is offline Find More Posts by kody'd'punk
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:23 PM
My tapeworm tells me what todo
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2007
260 Posts
Hey, if anyone has a 30cc power plant they want to sell pm me.
Not looking for DA quality but Zenoah won’t do either lol....
Or if interested in a 30cc bipe hit me up as well.
tconners is offline Find More Posts by tconners
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:33 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Feb 2002
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tconners View Post
Hey, if anyone has a 30cc power plant they want to sell pm me.
Not looking for DA quality but Zenoah won’t do either lol....
Or if interested in a 30cc bipe hit me up as well.
PM Azhar. He has a brand new DLE30 for a killer deal.

His user name is Azhar...

K
kody'd'punk is offline Find More Posts by kody'd'punk
Last edited by kody'd'punk; Nov 01, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
For those of you with Real Flight 6.0, the 6.5 free update was released today.

run your RF6 launcher and click on update..
Didn't run at all for me And wiped out 6 in the process.
spiked3 is offline Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:13 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kody'd'punk View Post
Might not be the best thing though... Most of the older members will just vote for people they have known...

Compile a list of people we know want change in the right direction and mail them. Maybe that's the list Lee posted already? We must know more. No?

Brian from the youth group, the few kids that fly with us??? There all members and if we speak with them maybe they will vote.

K
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post

Great work, effort & positive intent Joe on your vote letter.

However I agree with Kody, sending emails to all MAR/C members may not be the best idea as it just might further upset older members & possibly negatively sway members on the fence because it may appear too pushy or like a hostile board take over.

I remain hopeful, the positive content of the 3D/FPV nominee bio-statements will help sway some older members. Our 3D / FPV willingness to become more engaged with the club & help out sent a strong positive message.

Personally I would focus on the following known 3D / FPV supportive RC groups members. I am however just one opinion.

It appears there are roughy 40 (Seattle Area members) on RC Groups & roughly 20 (Confirmed MAR/C Current Members) on RC Groups who are 3D / FPV supportive.

(3D/FPV Supportive / MAR/C Current Members):
If you know these guys / gals encourage them to vote.
mark_q
DFloth
Vitter
stevelmaa
cryhavoc38
jholen
gabrielisrael
FlopGun
MCSGUY
Azhar
Lardog
yosemitesam
racerxky
GotballsP-38
kody'd'punk
pro bro steve
Captain Awesome
zdsweet
dand2k
spiked3
TheEarl Of Whirl

(3D/FPV Supportive / RC Groups members):
If you know these guys / gals are MAR/C members encourage them to vote.
blk822
egaus
Rexor
viperjody
rdjay
Kai_Shiden
QuietRCFly
Jaguar_5
unshackledbuzz
jsomerville
nwsalmon
SabreHawk
flarpy
ee4air
airmanthesixth
eagle777
JohnVH
SupaTim
ecaa3d
tconners
Magneto
hcannon98
Rudderman98
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:51 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,667 Posts
My opinion would be not to proceed on a mailing without a unanimous agreement.

I would post the last version of the proposed letter for all of you to evaluate however I dimwittedly did not keep a copy of the revised version. One of the other nominees are free to post it if they choose
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:20 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
436 Posts
Did I read it wrong, or did the NEW AMA FPV documents say pretty much what the OLD AMA FPV documents said?

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/550.pdf

The difference I see is no need for a buddy box, but a spotter is still required, and must take the radio if needed. I was under the impression they were removing the requirement for a spotter completely, thus the ban at marymoore.

Anyhow, the FPV issue was discussed at the board several times before the ban, so I believe it is only the membership themselves responsible for the ban. If you do not solicit a board member on the subject they are not going to represent you, no matter who they are.
I strongly support the mob and its attempt to make marymoore more 3D friendly (and more friendly in general), but I doubt if the FPV issue will sway any voters.

Good luck..
spiked3 is offline Find More Posts by spiked3