HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:47 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
I got my order within 2 weeks but they had a US distributor fill it. My best guess is I'll be looking at a 3-4 week delivery on my next one. I am definitely impressed with the quality I've seen (they even use wire gauge that can really handle the current expected from the C rating- what a concept ) so I'm up for the wait.
When did you order?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ix+lipo&page=2
Seems to indicate they are shipping direct from Singapore by UPS 3-day air. But this is a recent change so maybe you didn't have that experience?

I'm going to give them a shot.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:50 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
I'm looking for indoor batteries right now so:
2S 350mah, 22g: http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...350mAh-2S-Lipo
I know its not the diamond series you mentioned but they dont have them this small in that series. The equivalent TP pack is $15, so 3 times the price but it's only 17g. Maybe it's worth that money if you are going to fly in a contest or something.

For me, the #1 thing is flight time. Having 3 times as many batteries indoors is where it's at!
The negative on small dollar orders is they only offer UPS into the US so the shipping cost makes
more sense spread over larger orders. You should be able to see the shipping amount before you finalize the order. Don't know anything about the other series but I assume the quality would be consistent.

I ordered about 3 weeks ago and I did'nt see anything about 3 days. If it's at the same rate then they've corrected the cost issue. Cool! I need a couple more.
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Last edited by MCSGUY; Oct 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:26 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
763 Posts
Kite surfing is like a physically engaging kite 3D experience. I'm totally hooked!! Gonna be getting me a 12meter naish.

Just wish the sound was as warm as this water!
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:40 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Gareth,

whatcha flying that requires those little 2s packs?

Seems like we've entered building season for sure. lots of new toys getting worked on.
Me, I'm agonizing over replacing my very trusty, but old motherboard and CPU

I'm still rocking a Core 2 Duo E8500 with 4gb of DDR2 ram
Going to go i5 or i7 and step into the modern age finally.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:39 AM
Watts is where its at!
Joined Oct 2004
1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Gareth,

whatcha flying that requires those little 2s packs?
The Crack Yak/Lite, any of the Fancy Foam indoor stuff: http://www.fancyfoam.com/index.php?m...index&cPath=21

ThunderPower 2S 325mah and 350mah packs are the standard recommended size for indoors. For F3P contest flying you can use the 250mah pack, it's lighter but it only has the duration for one sequence or so.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by racerxky; Oct 29, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:47 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,970 Posts
for my 3DF EPP prototype Im using the hobby king 2s 500's from the usa store, they are working great!
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:16 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,782 Posts
Is the difference between the standard Crack Yak and the Crack Yak lite outdoor vs. Indoor?

On the twisted hobbies website it looks like standard CA is recommended as opposed to foam safe. Do I have that right?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Both the Crack Yak and Crak Yake/Lite can be flown indoor and outdoor. SupaTim has both and brought them to Barn Owls last weekend. He flew the Lite mostly - it's more indoor friendly but he was flying alongside Kody who was flying the standard Yak. They both fly great on 2S but individual preferences determine whether 2S or 3S is better. Generally lighter is better so the Lite version with 2S best suites that goal.

CA glue of any kind can be used on EPP. But it dries brittle and hard. I personally like using Welder's Contact Cement better because it dries flexible like rubber cement. It's more congruent with the EPP material. Using "foam safe CA" is fine, but the non-foam safe glue is cheaper and does not harm the EPP.
dand2k is offline Find More Posts by dand2k
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:36 PM
Watts is where its at!
Joined Oct 2004
1,748 Posts
Welders Glue++

Maybe they are thinking that the CA will be lighter?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:17 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,782 Posts
Thanks guys, think I'm going with the lite then (time to join the Crack air force )
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:02 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,473 Posts
On all my cracks, I use welders for everything except the pushrod guides. For that just a dot of medium ca does the job quick and accurately. As for which crack, that's a tough one as I love them all. Crack Yak light is the latest/greatest and I flew the bejeezus out of mine on Sat just to get used to her since I finished her that morning. Kody's 2s TP batteries were pretty amazin, but ask him how my 3s CYL flew. I don't think I've ever seen Kody sad to go back to his own planes before...
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:17 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Feb 2002
822 Posts
I thought your power system flew much better on 3's for sure. My 2's Hacker set up is really good though. It gives less then your 3's but much more then 2's with there recommended power system.

The Crack Yak lite is improvement over the standard I think. Its even quicker on response and does moves faster but will still fly slow. Its an updated design that gets a stiffer spar making it roll faster. The original might hold up better to abuse though. Its thicker foam and takes harder hits...

CYL+++++++++++

K
kody'd'punk is offline Find More Posts by kody'd'punk
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:19 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,782 Posts
I got the blue/pink CYL, it looks purpleish in the photo. I've been wanting something purple ever since I saw Cry's purple pilot . I also picked the standard Power combo that Twisted offers for it.

SupaTim: what did you put in yours that handles 3S?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
RC Flying Model Exhibit at the Museum of Flight this Sunday

The Marymoor RC Club is sponsoring the annual RC Flying Model Exhibit at The Museum of Flight in Seattle will be held on Sunday November 4th, during normal Museum hours of 10 am to 5 pm.

This Exhibit will display to the public the variety of types and sizes of flying models that we enjoy in the model aviation hobby.

If you are bringing a big model(s), we would like you to pre-register by sending an email to Dave Temby, dctemby@yahoo.com, and tell him the name of the model(s) and the wing span(s). This will help our planning.

Two free tickets for anyone entering a plane.

Anyone plan on going?
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:50 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
I got the blue/pink CYL, it looks purpleish in the photo. I've been wanting something purple ever since I saw Cry's purple pilot . I also picked the standard Power combo that Twisted offers for it.

SupaTim: what did you put in yours that handles 3S?
I'm ordering one in a bit. I've been wanting one of these since this summer I but had other things in the fire. Now with all this rain and throwing Tims blue one around last month I'm trying to put together some parts right now.

I was thinking about running this considering I have 2 Exceed Rocket motors that have been bulletproof.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mc215-2404-1900kv.html

or this for lighter weight setup
http://www.hobbypartz.com/02p-motor-...04-kv1850.html

All the Dynam and Hobbywing ESCs I've used have been fantastic in my 36" depron and my dads warturds. The solar digitals have been pretty solid as well. And they seem well made.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest