Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:50 AM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,358 Posts
Daaaaang, that's a work of art Joe Cool! My "builds" are just slam dunks, yours are fully engineered! How's the CG with all those goodies in the turtle deck? Those 120's are famously light and have stung a few (including myself and the comp arf edge) when it came time to balance and fly...
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:04 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,433 Posts
Also, I've finally started comparison testing batteries and have encountered some surprising results (and some not so surprising). I'm up to the 150A amp 2 minute load test. At that power the batteries are getting pretty hot I'll post the results sometime next week but I will share that I've found a battery that I've never heard anybody in the mob talking about that is out performing the Thunder Power 65C at half the price. I'm not surprised to find that GensAce 5500 25C performs as well as GensAce's 5300 60C and the Nano 65C. I recommend you guys avoid those new Genesis batteries and the only battery that's showing severe overratings is HobbyKings Zippy 40C (Well maybe not severe, but it is acting pretty "stressed")
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:07 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim View Post
Daaaaang, that's a work of art Joe Cool! My "builds" are just slam dunks, yours are fully engineered! How's the CG with all those goodies in the turtle deck? Those 120's are famously light and have stung a few (including myself and the comp arf edge) when it came time to balance and fly...
I've been checking as I go and for some reason I'm having to deal with some nose heaviness. Maybe because the 2 servos in the nose are pretty heavy? I don't know, I don't remember having that problem with the last one, like you say, the motor is pretty light.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,358 Posts
If you're nose heavy put ditch that tray and put your rudder servos in the tail as a "push-pull." The team 3dhs guy in LA I got my new plane from was telling me that's the preferred location. And because there's no cables to stretch a push-pull is more locked in than any pull-pull will ever be...
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:15 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,433 Posts
I'll get final CG info when I attach the wings and if I still have that issue that's what I'll do. Thanks!

On my way to Cannon Beach for a week of reading and rain
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,358 Posts
Wait a sec, isn't Chief Aircraft down that way... Have fun Joe!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:50 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,433 Posts
Thanks Tim!

Enjoy the sun Nate, pay attention to that alert!

Hey Vitter, we miss you

Lee, Azhar, Joel and Steve: I plan on sending a little vote request blurb to all the MARC members that will cover all 5 of us for the upcoming elections. I'm going to wait until the 1st (day before the voting starts) but will PM you all an advance copy for your review just before I do.

Cry: THANKS for the lead on the rebuild for the Doorknob, already got the head and piston back with new rings installed for $12- Yeeeah Baby.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MCSGUY; Oct 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
748 Posts
Hey guys. Thanks for the concern. Jenni heard the sirens last night very faintly.
I was already passed out. I guess they got some waves, on the north and east shores of maui.
Crazy had it been a big one we would have been in trouble.
Going for a 3hr kite surfing lesson today. Can't wait.
Between the shark attacks and tsunami ill be lucky to come home Alive!

Joe, that plane is a beaut!! Love how you did pants, showing off the alloys!

Supatim the 100 cc sbach has been willed to you if i don't make it. .
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
980 Posts
Thats funny Supatim the 100 cc sbach has been willed to you if i don't make it.

Can I have the rest of your stuff ???
pro bro steve is online now Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:35 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
... I'll post the results sometime next week but I will share that I've found a battery that I've never heard anybody in the mob talking about that is out performing the Thunder Power 65C at half the price. ...
Can't leave the mob in suspense like that! Is it the Glacier batteries?

You're install in the Slick looks tight!
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:28 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
Can't leave the mob in suspense like that! Is it the Glacier batteries?

You're install in the Slick looks tight!
Thanks! I put quite a bit of thought in it.
Check out Revolectrix diamond series batteries. I still have the 180amp test to do but do far they're edging out the TP's at a fraction of the price
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:58 PM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,045 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Tim!

Enjoy the sun Nate, pay attention to that alert!

Hey Vitter, we miss you

Lee, Azhar, Joel and Steve: I plan on sending a little vote request blurb to all the MARC members that will cover all 5 of us for the upcoming elections. I'm going to wait until the 1st (day before the voting starts) but will PM you all an advance copy for your review just before I do.

Cry: THANKS for the lead on the rebuild for the Doorknob, already got the head and piston back with new rings installed for $12- Yeeeah Baby.
sweet. Can't wait to hear how those bowman rings work out for that engine.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:42 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! I put quite a bit of thought in it.
Check out Revolectrix diamond series batteries. I still have the 180amp test to do but do far they're edging out the TP's at a fraction of the price
How are shipping times on the Revolectrix? Made in Singapore same day as order...seems pretty badass and my packs would run 89.90. A lot better than 199.99.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,731 Posts
I'm looking for indoor batteries right now so:
2S 350mah, 22g: http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...350mAh-2S-Lipo
I know its not the diamond series you mentioned but they dont have them this small in that series. The equivalent TP pack is $15, so 3 times the price but it's only 17g. Maybe it's worth that money if you are going to fly in a contest or something.

For me, the #1 thing is flight time. Having 3 times as many batteries indoors is where it's at!
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:30 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
How are shipping times on the Revolectrix? Made in Singapore same day as order...seems pretty badass and my packs would run 89.90. A lot better than 199.99.
I got my order within 2 weeks but they had a US distributor fill it. My best guess is I'll be looking at a 3-4 week delivery on my next one. I am definitely impressed with the quality I've seen (they even use wire gauge that can really handle the current expected from the C rating- what a concept ) so I'm up for the wait.
RCG Plus Member