Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351316153.354588.jpg
Views: 42
Size: 119.0 KB
Description:
It's hard to believe its always this nice here!

I'm going to take some kite surfing lessons. Anyone take a crack at that yet?
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:21 PM
The customer is ALWAYS right!
United States, WA, Bellevue
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
Finally found the pics of my katana, thanks!
Vlad MAX is offline Find More Posts by Vlad MAX
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:07 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,404 Posts
I usually pack on weight in the winter so thought I'd shave a few ounces where I could... With that in mind check out the Crack Yak "lite" edition! Finished my "Diet Crack" this morning and even with a little mist took her outside for a maiden. You can definitely feel the difference but still has the same crack flavor and experience. Assembly was a little trickier than OG crack but still not rocket or quad science.

Name: IMG-20121027-01166.jpg
Views: 26
Size: 164.1 KB
Description: Name: IMG-20121027-01168.jpg
Views: 28
Size: 269.3 KB
Description:

Looking forward to huckin at the Barn Owls tonight as the only other time I've flown indoors was at Monroe, and I had to "work" most of the time. Who's goin? I've got lots o' crack...
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:20 PM
BlackTim
United States, WA, Renton
Joined Feb 2011
71 Posts
Have you sold the beauwolf yet I'm interested
hcannon98 is offline Find More Posts by hcannon98
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:25 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,744 Posts
Crack is Whack!

I've got the indoor fever and I broke out the gram scale! Nerdy airplane talk ahead...

I'm so happy with the build experience on my Crack Pitts, just an awesome kit. I do wish they had included some extra z-bends and heat shink in case you make a mistake or dont want to use the included metal parts.

I put my Crack Pitts on the scale, sans motor and battery, to try and figure out the right power system. (Vitter had such an awesome experience with the stock motor that I passed on that.) My powerless Crack Pitts is 170g. Thats not exactly a light weight indoor airplane. e.g. the Vrolet which is an older generation depron biplane regularly had a AUW of 180g.

My 3DHS EPP Extra AUW is 180g with the Hacker A10-9L and a 2S 370mah pack. That would be the motor I would use on the standard Crack Yak.

For the Crack Pitts I'm going with the Hacker A20-50S + TP 3S 480mah. The final weight will be about 240g but it should go like a rocket. Max thrust is aparently 440g (see here). I might keep this one in the car to bust out at the park close to work.

For the Crack Yak 'Lite' we really want to shoot for the lowest weight we can get. I have an A10-15S that clocks in at 20g with motor mount and ESC attached. I see people building them with heavier motors at 200g! I think we should be able to get a 140g AUW airplane!
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,404 Posts
Foamies are another one of those things I can't wrap my head around either so I just go recommended motor and cheap out the rest... Feel free to help critique my goods as I'm still learning.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:00 PM
Watts is where its at!
Joined Oct 2004
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim View Post
Foamies are another one of those things I can't wrap my head around either so I just go recommended motor and cheap out the rest... Feel free to help critique my goods as I'm still learning.
Whatever gets you having fun man! I just geek out on this stuff.

Have you seen the co-axial setup Donatas is working on?

New Coaxial system tested on "Anubis". (6 min 24 sec)

Ok, back to packing up my 'workshop' for the move...
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,404 Posts
Ok, that's pretty frikkin cool. My head almost exploded at about 5:35 when stopped descending on the downline?! That whole plane probably comes in about the same $'s as one of my gassers though...
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:02 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,027 Posts
Here is his new Airplane. (69 EUR) + shipping
http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/fabien-turpaud-spies
pro bro steve is online now Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Apr 2007
436 Posts
Barn Owls

a few pics from tonight

https://picasaweb.google.com/1046678...sOctober272012
spiked3 is online now Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:11 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,404 Posts
Tonight was my first indoor experience and it was AWESOME!!! The community center was big enough for plenty of mayhem as well as a perfect obstacle course for crack yak/mqx follow the leader. There was a good mix of plane and heli guys and even with the dozen + flyers the night went smoothly. The handball courts were awesome for indoor night flying, Mike got the coolest night pic I've gotten yet.

Name: barn1.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 38.6 KB
Description:

It was 2 1/2 hours round trip so I probably won't make it every time, but it definitely won't be the last time! You suckers that didn't make it totally missed out!!!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:27 AM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
788 Posts
is flarpy still in hawaii?

if so if anyone can get ahold of him and warn him in time there is a potential danger headed his way.

12:05 p.m. Tsunami warnings for the BC and US coast have been downgraded to alerts.

11:15 p.m. Update - Hawaii now being warned to expect a small Tsunami. The first wave could hit Hawaii by 1:30 a.m.

From twitter: @ColorMeRed

Sirens just went off on the north shore of Maui. Can hear them now. #HITsunami via @Maui #tsunami #hawaii #maui

A Tsunami Warning remains in effect for the following areas:

ZONE A: The North Coast and Haida Gwaii
ZONE B: The Central Coast including: Bella Coola, Bella Bella, Shearwater.

A Tsunami Advisory has been added for:

ZONE C: The outer West Coast of Vancouver Island from Cape Scott to Port Renfrew
ZONE D: The Juan de Fuca Strait from Jordan River to Greater Victoria, including the Saanich Peninsula

Hawaii has also been added to the 'on alert' list.

A Tsunami Warning means that a tsunami is expected and imminent in low-lying coastal areas. People in these areas must move inland or to higher ground IMMEDIATELY.

Do not return until directed to do so by local emergency officials. A tsunami is a series of waves and the first wave is not usually the largest and could last several hours.

A Tsunami Advisory means that that a low-level tsunami is expected. Potentially strong currents could be dangerous for low-lying coastal areas in these zones. Please stay away from beaches and shorelines until further notice.

Origin time - 0304Z 28 oct 2012 coordinates - 52.9 north 131.9 west depth - 10 km location - Queen Charlotte Islands region magnitude - 7.7 Estimated times of initial wave arrival for selected Sites in the warning are provided below.

Langara 2116 PDT oct 27 Northern tip Vancouver Island 2117 PDT oct 27 Please minimize phone use in affected areas.

there was a 7.7 earthwuake in the queen charlottes this evening
furballll is online now Find More Posts by furballll
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:42 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,404 Posts
Good looking out, just shot him a text as they are still there.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:45 AM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
788 Posts
one of the reports i read was predicted 7 meter waves headed that way. there is already vid of the warning sirens going off in waikiki.
furballll is online now Find More Posts by furballll