HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:57 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,468 Posts
Oh wait, it's "select?" That changes everything! Fly that in a gym successfully and I'll be impressed!!!
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:01 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post
Here is the finished Juka 38" ready for maiden tomorrow - Fri I am going to Wenatchee to Red Apple club. Ya hoo .

Wow. Great paint job!!

Oh man. I've been wanting to go back but nobody up here wants to go
JohnVH is online now Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Apr 2008
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim View Post
Oh wait, it's "select?" That changes everything! Fly that in a gym successfully and I'll be impressed!!!

Shouldnt be a problem with the AFS-Active Flight Stabalization. hahaha. Would be quite the challenge.
harv_d is offline Find More Posts by harv_d
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:11 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post
Here is the finished Juka 38" ready for maiden tomorrow - Fri I am going to Wenatchee to Red Apple club. Ya hoo .
Dang Steve... that's the purdiest Juka (hell... any depron plane) I've ever seen.
Nice job indeed!

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:43 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
I clicked the link, and it's taking forever to load, maybe it's running on an Altair 8080?

I'm going to try and make the indoor, haven;t flown in weeks
8080? heck no, nothing that new.

Sorry it was slow, plastic broke, err fibre optic cable from ISP - sigh, nothing like the good old days when we had cables that weighed 6 lbs a foot and had solid gold connectors on the ends. Ok so maybe some of the new stuff is better, but still same ideas :P I saw where Apple just announced .... what did we call it in the 80s? System Managed Storage. Where do I apply for the job of coming up with new ideas for computer companies, there are still a few left that haven't been copied yet
spiked3 is online now Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:51 AM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,054 Posts
Thanks guys on the nice comments on the Juka. Looks like SUPA TIM was right I will be taking my Nissan 4X4 to Wenatchee today. Snow fell hard over the passes.
pro bro steve is offline Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiked3 View Post
8080? heck no, nothing that new.

Sorry it was slow, plastic broke, err fibre optic cable from ISP - sigh, nothing like the good old days when we had cables that weighed 6 lbs a foot and had solid gold connectors on the ends. Ok so maybe some of the new stuff is better, but still same ideas :P I saw where Apple just announced .... what did we call it in the 80s? System Managed Storage. Where do I apply for the job of coming up with new ideas for computer companies, there are still a few left that haven't been copied yet
What do you mean...Apple came up with EVERYTHING on the computer!!
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:07 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,748 Posts
For those of you looking to buy a new radio, this is happening: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1754925

Name: do_want.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 41.1 KB
Description:
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:37 PM
IT Ninja
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2012
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog View Post
Fixed that for you.
I love Hyper-V, but holy crap you can do waaaay more with vmware and all of the various software associated with it.

BTW Windows 8 Pro, for consumers comes with Hyper-V.

Steve, your paint job on that Juka puts all others to shame.
I think you've found your second calling.
Keep up the amazing work with that airbrush!
Captain Awesome is offline Find More Posts by Captain Awesome
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:43 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
For those of you looking to buy a new radio, this is happening: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1754925

Attachment 5255159
I'm seriously considering one of these.
I love that the screen is at the top.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...try-radio.aspx

This is the tray unit case being machined out. The non tray version is machined the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=sK0sdkU5Q8U
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Oct 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:48 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I love Hyper-V, but holy crap you can do waaaay more with vmware and all of the various software associated with it.

BTW Windows 8 Pro, for consumers comes with Hyper-V.

Steve, your paint job on that Juka puts all others to shame.
I think you've found your second calling.
Keep up the amazing work with that airbrush!
We have two very large Vmware clusters running on some serious IBM multi core/multi processor servers with tons of ram and have nearing 500+ servers spread across them and it has been rock solid..but during our engineering meeting this morning, we chatted about the dog and pony show that M$ presented recently on Hyper-V

Now VM, as a large med center, we absolutely needs rock solid stability to keep our downtime at a minimum, but VMWARE isn't cheap. Hyper-V is 100% cheaper than VMWARE...so we are going to put up a HV environment and test it out.

We all pretty much groaned at the thought of moving from VMWARE to Hyper-V, but we had a responsibility to keep abreast of whats out there, that and our senior VP wants us to take it for a drive and report our findings.

Should be interesting.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Aug 2007
548 Posts
Since you geeks are discussing computer stuff...let me ask a dumb question. What does it take for you to stream media to your smart devices? Why can't my "SMART" TV (Samsung) or even my SMART AV receiver (Sony) see the media server on the network?
Azhar is online now Find More Posts by Azhar
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:11 PM
My tapeworm tells me what todo
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2007
261 Posts
We all pretty much groaned at the thought of moving from VMWARE to Hyper-V

Well download the System Center package and look at the integration between Virtual Machine Manager "Hyper-v's Management Solution" and the other products. I bet it gets you interested. Dont want to turn this into more tech talk.
PM me if you want to chat about VMM/SCCM/SCORCH/SCOM ect....

Anyone here needing an FPV spotter/flying buddy PM me as well. Could use extra eyes while testing RTH ect..... Hopefully I can get a NAZA into the budget as well.
tconners is offline Find More Posts by tconners
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:16 PM
My tapeworm tells me what todo
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2007
261 Posts
Since you geeks are discussing computer stuff...let me ask a dumb question. What does it take for you to stream media to your smart devices? Why can't my "SMART" TV (Samsung) or even my SMART AV receiver (Sony) see the media server on the network?

Both devices need to have a shared protocol, IE: Bluetooth, TCP/IP.
Thatís the first issue to address.
Second the two protocols need to be compatible. My TV has WiFi as does my IPHONE. I have then all attached to the same TCP/IP network within the same network subnet. They all talk.

PS: You, Steve and Kody know who I am and I have been around the field for over 20 years now.
tconners is offline Find More Posts by tconners
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Aug 2007
548 Posts
Its all gobledygook to me...I thought they were all on the same subnet but I could be wrong..........
Azhar is online now Find More Posts by Azhar