HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:08 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,945 Posts
lol I've never seen Flarpy with two days of beard, and that shirt is wrinkled, wth!
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:27 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarl Of Whirl View Post
Can we roll back time to that awesome Wenatchee summer weekend of huckin in the warm sun. This Seattle gray overcast drizzly weather sucks!
I second the motion!

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is online now Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:59 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,434 Posts
Amen!
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:43 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,731 Posts
Good news. I found a new place to live that has a garage, a place to park my car outside and is much closer to a Home Depot.

Now if I could just find someplace nearby to park a trailer that allowed 24/7 gate access...

Oh also, the Crack Pitts is almost done. It will be ready for next indoor session but this saturday is Halloween party time so no flying for me. The 60" Edge and all the parts are in but I'm going to wait until after the move to tackle that project.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:48 PM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
Good news. I found a new place to live that has a garage, a place to park my car outside and is much closer to a Home Depot.

Now if I could just find someplace nearby to park a trailer that allowed 24/7 gate access...

Oh also, the Crack Pitts is almost done. It will be ready for next indoor session but this saturday is Halloween party time so no flying for me. The 60" Edge and all the parts are in but I'm going to wait until after the move to tackle that project.
Congrats!

Has everyone seen the new Go Pro Hero3

check this footage out. Outstanding!
The Black edition is off the chain..but they don't give it away

GoPro HERO3: Black Edition - Smaller, Lighter and 2X More Powerful (5 min 8 sec)
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Oct 22, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:15 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Congrats!

Has everyone seen the new Go Pro Hero3

check this footage out. Outstanding!
The Black edition is off the chain..but they don't give it away
And I just got the Hero HD not but a few months ago. Ahh well.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:12 PM
IT Ninja
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2012
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tconners View Post
"""I've just finished configuring WSUS and DNS.""""
Do you have AD?
Did you set your group policy to point windows update to your new intranet WSUS site? Thatís where you will be navigated to when editing the local or group policy for the WSUS location. If not by default you point to external WSUS sources.
C:\windows\windowsupdate.log to check you WSUS location.
C:\gpresult /h t.html will plop out your policys.
One of my specialties is SCCM/WSUS.
Yes, My server right now is a Server 2008 R2 Machine, set up as a Domain Controller, and my AD users and computers have been set up previously.
Typically, when I set up a new server I configure Active Directory first, or at least make sure it is properly joined to the domain if it isn't a Domain Controller.
WSUS and IIS work like a champ. Since there are 5 computers in the house, it is a real treat to have updates installed on a schedule over the LAN vs. waiting forever to download them from Microsoft.

I set it up as a standalone site, so my local address is http://Extra:8530
I have computers added to WSUS via Group Policy.

My next challenge is to set up an FTP server, and get Direct Access up and running. I know it is a no-no to do this on a DC, this is a home test server.
If I had an extra computer and more space, I would set up a separate server for managing remote access to internal resources. I also want to buy a couple more NIC cards so that I can load balance them on the server.

At school I'm running Server 2012 which is faster, but I feel more at home with 2008 R2.
In class my 2012 machine is the DC, and I scrounged two more machines from other rooms to create a load balancing cluster. I'm going to experiment with hosting a web site via one of the school's public IP addresses.

Since I now have this server up 24/7, I have had to put it in a discrete location so the fan noise and lights don't keep me up at night.

-Chris
Captain Awesome is offline Find More Posts by Captain Awesome
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:41 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,362 Posts
Dude, you guys are hard core. My PC is just enough to get to Flying Giants, RCG, and something that rhymes with "corn..."
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:00 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,234 Posts
Whoa!
I can't talk like them cause I;m only on Server 2003
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
Love my Raven's!
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
Geez I come to rcg to get away from servers and load balanced clusters and PDC's and BDC's, and WSUS, and Systems Center config manager and Ops manager, and Vmware, and IBM blade centers and SystemX and XIV storage arrays, etc etc

Get back to airplane pron and how flarpy must have stunk after his long road trip. LOL!

in all seriousness, Nate, that was very cool and generous for you to meet up with the previous owner of the Kool Aid and deliver it to Tim.
good on ya mate!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:24 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
749 Posts
Great seeing you Tim! I was happy to transport that sexy sweetheart for you. In all actuality it probably saved my life... When I would get groggy, I'd just look back there and wake right up!)
Thank you so much for the crack. I ordered 5 more batts on the way home.
You all want a good laugh? Stick with me....

I committed to the sprinter about a week ago. The truck happened to be in LA, which worked out great for SupaTim, and now me due to my new crack addiction. Before I put the post on the thread offering toy pickup, I had put an add on Craigslist, both in LA and Seattle offering cargo transport. it would be a Shame to drive a empty van of that size 1100 miles empty right?.. Well, I accidentally used our work Craigslist account instead of my personal account. the work account dumps into our H.R. Email account on our server, which neither me, nor my staff check unless we are hiring, or selling something.

This afternoon I logged onto craigslist, And noticed that the ]hr bbpoulsbo. was auto populated. The light went on! I had thought it odd that there was not a single soul that needed something moved. Common right?? I5 one of the busiest interstate shipping corridors in the US
The HR box had several inquiries! One in particular took the cake:
A dude wanted me to transport his grandmother up to Tacoma. Grandmother I thought?? That's a way to ruin a great road trip. Have to yack with a sweet little old lady all the way up to Seattle... Not to mention the bathroom breaks every 50 miles. Heck NO!!!
Turns out that I wouldn't have had to say much. She was dead... In a coffin!!

I much preferred hauling your plane Tim!
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:34 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,362 Posts
No way I could have done it eitherw, I would have been looking in the rear view the whole time making sure she didn't sit up and take a bite out of me...

Ooooh, now a hearse might be a good plane hauler?!
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:43 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
749 Posts
I guess cadaver transport is pricey! Just googled it. Of course my add probably caught his eye because all I was asking for was some help covering fuel costs. LOL. Can you believe people??? Entrusting their beloved grandmothers body to a total stranger??
CRAZY
Ill get some blue painters tape on the side.

HEARSE OR BUST!
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:20 AM
Love my Raven's!
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
FYI, servocity is having a 50% off sale on servo extensions. All sizes and different gauges.

http://www.servocity.com/html/servo_...s___leads.html
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:28 PM
My tapeworm tells me what todo
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2007
257 Posts
"I would set up a separate server for managing remote access to internal resources"

I have 2 extra boxes already running R2 im not using anymore. PM me if you want a screaming deal on one. Trades welcome.

I have a AEROWORKS EDGE 30cc on the way and need servos.
tconners is offline Find More Posts by tconners