HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:02 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiked3 View Post
Yeah, i think i mentioned my experience with their proficiency check. At its conclusion I demanded my money back for my membership, otherwise I would certainly like to support you guys. Good luck, if you get anywhere (I doubt it, since there is no way to expose corruption, but presenting evidence of it to the park authority may be the easier route to go).
whaa? I didn't hear that story. what happened?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:16 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
404 Posts
Hi Cryhavoc,
I dont know if we have met - I don't remember everyone or their nicknames, but I have met with victor, chris, robert, joel out at 60 acres a few times, and tim at the airport event a few weeks ago. I am mike, and I got interested in FPV after seeing victors.

Anyhow - I had stroke 2 years ago, I had been flying RC for 25+ years before that, up to mild 3D heli. Last year I moved to seattle, and then found MARC. So I bought a blade 300x - small BNF heli - and hovered it, and was ready to start forward flight again.

I went to MARC on training night, told them the story and was told there was no helicopter instructor to approve me so sorry, couldn't fly there. I then offered to fly one of their trainer planes. They agreed. So after 2 years from a stroke, first flight on a plane in several years, I pulled off several perfect landings. I was told to come back next week for one more check.

I did. then I was informed you only get one chance with the clubs equipment, go buy a plane and come back.

I lost it (quite calmly for me) and demanded membership money back and left. Not one 'red hat' (I guess that's what you called them) spoke up even though they knew the entire story, even the 'instructor' looked dazed with disbelief.

The message to me was clear, "not welcome here."
spiked3 is offline Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:20 PM
United States, WA, Bothell
Joined Jan 2007
151 Posts
Hey does anyone know where the club by-laws are located? That is a key thing for all members of MAR/C, it is our way of doing a check and balance on the board members. It sounds like if they don't like you, then they pull funny things out of their butts and say you can't do that.
GotballsP-38 is offline Find More Posts by GotballsP-38
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:20 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiked3 View Post
Hi Cryhavoc,
I dont know if we have met - I don't remember everyone or their nicknames, but I have met with victor, chris, robert, joel out at 60 acres a few times, and tim at the airport event a few weeks ago. I am mike, and I got interested in FPV after seeing victors.

Anyhow - I had stroke 2 years ago, I had been flying RC for 25+ years before that, up to mild 3D heli. Last year I moved to seattle, and then found MARC. So I bought a blade 300x - small BNF heli - and hovered it, and was ready to start forward flight again.

I went to MARC on training night, told them the story and was told there was no helicopter instructor to approve me so sorry, couldn't fly there. I then offered to fly one of their trainer planes. They agreed. So after 2 years from a stroke, first flight on a plane in several years, I pulled off several perfect landings. I was told to come back next week for one more check.

I did. then I was informed you only get one chance with the clubs equipment, go buy a plane and come back.

I lost it (quite calmly for me) and demanded membership money back and left. Not one 'red hat' (I guess that's what you called them) spoke up even though they knew the entire story, even the 'instructor' looked dazed with disbelief.

The message to me was clear, "not welcome here."
what pass hat, er I mean Red Hat told you that?

and yeah..not sure we have met. I'm Charles, or Cry..nice to meet you.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined Apr 2007
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
what pass hat, er I mean Red Hat told you that?

and yeah..not sure we have met. I'm Charles, or Cry..nice to meet you.
I wish I knew. The only name I remember is Mike, who acted as/was treated as the president, although I don't think he was. I remember him because I had taken some pictures of a fly in event a week or two before and sent them to him to post on their site. (I generally do OK, i posted some from the airport event from you guys a few weeks ago as well https://picasaweb.google.com/1046678...eptember222012 ). Anyhow, the man told me the club had a lazy web master and that he would 'get on him' about posting the pics. I later learned that is was himself he was referring to. That's the only name I remember.

I quickly met Lon at NWEF, and the guys at 60 acres, all of which were 1000% more friendly, and forgot about MARC as fast as possible.

Nice to meet you as well.
spiked3 is offline Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:59 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,055 Posts
http://www.mar-c.org/board

Mike Powell..Web Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotballsP-38 View Post
Hey does anyone know where the club by-laws are located? That is a key thing for all members of MAR/C, it is our way of doing a check and balance on the board members. It sounds like if they don't like you, then they pull funny things out of their butts and say you can't do that.
http://www.mar-c.org/content/airfield-operating-rules

http://www.mar-c.org/content/documents
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:21 AM
Watts is where its at!
Joined Oct 2004
1,732 Posts
I got a "check ride" from one of the appointed club officials. They apparently never followed through on informing the board that I had passed the test. I never got my full membership card even though the policy requires that this happen. I dont know if it was forgetfulness or something else that caused them never to send me the card. I would like to refuse to be subject to the test again but in these things I try to remember Hanlons razor:
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
So I suspect I will have to be tested again...
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:28 AM
Joined Aug 2007
543 Posts
Half the red hats can't pass their own basic requirements....
Azhar is online now Find More Posts by Azhar
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:00 AM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Field Operating Rules Changes.
First Person View (FPV) and Autonomous Flight. Because of the limited size of our flying area and the proximity of our neighbors, the MAR/C Board of Directors, after consultation with Marymoor Park management, has decided to prohibit FPV and/or autonomous R/C model flying at our field, effective immediately.

I didn't really plan on flying FPV at Marymoor, but to me this type of rule change will only lead to less interaction between people trying to get into FPV and more flights over less safe areas, city parks and neighborhoods. Shortsighted. Typical reactionary type response from people that would rather ban than understand. Certainly there needs to be some sort of regulations regarding FPV, but to just ban outright with no member input sends the message that MAR/C is run by elitist kooks.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Last edited by egaus; Oct 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:04 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
Field Operating Rules Changes.
First Person View (FPV) and Autonomous Flight. Because of the limited size of our flying area and the proximity of our neighbors, the MAR/C Board of Directors, after consultation with Marymoor Park management, has decided to prohibit FPV and/or autonomous R/C model flying at our field, effective immediately.

I didn't really plan on flying FPV at Marymoor, but to me this type of rule change will only lead to less interaction between people trying to get into FPV and more flights over less safe areas, city parks and neighborhoods. Shortsighted. Typical reactionary type response from people that would rather ban than understand.

e
+ 1
D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:32 AM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,055 Posts
For the most part...we just have to wait them out
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
921 Posts
Perhaps this Thursday will be a polite wakeup call & an opportunity to kindly influence the future of everyone’s club.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Oct 20, 2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:19 AM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
For the most part...we just have to wait them out
I like your style Cry.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:21 AM
United States, WA, Bothell
Joined Jan 2007
151 Posts
Thanks Cry
GotballsP-38 is offline Find More Posts by GotballsP-38
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:46 AM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarl Of Whirl View Post
It is interesting as I suspect many of MARC board & members of club have risked their lives in foreign wars promoting freedom & democracy standing up against dictatorships, oppression & discrimination. However what is becoming more & more clear thru peoples nightmare stories/ negative experiences is that the MARC Board & Club may in fact evolved into a dictatorship, which promotes oppression & frequently discriminates.

Perhaps this Thursday will be a polite wakeup call & an opportunity to kindly influence the future of everyone’s club.

Or maybe a headline in the Seattle times & Park complaint title could read "Marymoor R/C Club Democracy or Dictatorship?"
This may be true..serving their country to protect democracy and freedoms, but you perhaps forget one thing.

In the military, they are there to protect Democracy, not practice it

FYI..the Red bull stratos jump is live now

http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

He is currently at 70+k feet and climbing.