HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,434 Posts
Ok, so who is planning on attending the Thursday meeting? And who are we going to put forward? (Azhar has to agree before we can nominate him)
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:08 PM
United States, WA, Bothell
Joined Jan 2007
151 Posts
I am planning on going, and willing to be on the board. We still need four others, since they are going to fill five spots.
GotballsP-38 is offline Find More Posts by GotballsP-38
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:08 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Ok, so who is planning on attending the Thursday meeting? And who are we going to put forward? (Azhar has to agree before we can nominate him)
Good call Joe we need a voice of commitment of those interested in serving on the board.

I will be there to nominate in support of any 3D flyer who has the time to volunteer.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Oct 14, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
762 Posts
nice to see you guys taking notice of the upcomming elections in the club, up here in kelowna i have been fighting my butt off to make sure we have good level headed people running the club. over the last two years if it wernt for having myself and one of the heli reps on the executive i am sure we would be flying all small electric only by now, all forced to turn left and such.

oh and cry to test your plane in the air would be the best thing for you, the sound of your prop ripping actually doesnt transfer far(yes its a harsh pitch but they could never get close enough to get a full volume test) and if they did the testers got balls too.
furballll is online now Find More Posts by furballll
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Apr 2008
286 Posts
Azhar is up here in Canada. He said he is thinking about it
harv_d is online now Find More Posts by harv_d
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:45 PM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
Something like this happened at Orca club. In Orca bylaws, they need a majority vote for rule change like this, and notice must be given. They gave notice of an 'important meeting' but didn't say anything about voting, none of the gas guys showed up and the "motion to ban gassers" passed, sigh.
Quit the underhanded way to treat the members who fly gas
what about nitro?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:58 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,434 Posts
Does that mean you'll be coming Thursday Chuck?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:11 PM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Does that mean you'll be coming Thursday Chuck?
yeah, count me in
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:13 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,731 Posts
I'll be there for this Thursday's meeting, at least for the first part. I want to make sure we get a candidate nominated.

I went to the last meeting and I feel like I had my time wasted. If it's a club meeting them lets conduct some club business not have a lecture series. I've been a member and officer of many clubs, societies and a fraternity. None of them ever had that kind of time to waste on things not related to the actual business of the organization. Gathering everyone in one place to conduct business is difficult and rare so you should have respect for peoples time.

Some thoughts:
  • I'll vote for whoever is willing to actually commit to doing the work. I also offer to help support that person with club duties if they need backup. I think we should all be willing to pitch in.
  • If there are rules to be voted on or some other serious club business to be conducted they should send out an e-mail in advance and make the meeting available over Skype for those that cant attend.
  • If they can do electronic voting for officers then they can do it for major issues like rule changes. Just saying, that seems trivial.
  • I got the e-mail about the election but I got nothing about an FPV/Autopilot ban. If you change the rules dont you have to make some effort to inform the membership?
  • The AMA has rules that cover FPV. MARC has a link to '550' on their website: http://www.mar-c.org/content/documents. The link to the sound testing program is a 404, go figure . There are no links to the club's bylaws that I can find. And MARC is one of the best websites for a club I've ever seen.
  • I dont mind modifying my aircraft to meet sound regulations. I understand that noise complaints are one way clubs loose fields. I do like the idea of adopting the AMA testing procedure and applying it fairly.
  • The Proficiency Check thing is more of the same. It's just a way to discriminate and make the club seem intimidating without actually doing anything. The entire thing disgusts me.

R/C clubs run by 'red hats' just make me angry.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:50 PM
IT Ninja
Joined Apr 2012
194 Posts
I know, I just read rule 550, but I don't think that the red hats read it at all.
It basically says that FPV must be performed by a pair of operators on a buddy-box system and can't go beyond visual sight of the primary (non-FPV) operator.

And yes Garreth, you will have to put up with a B.S. presentation that will suck up your time like a vampire and wait until it is over.

From what I remember, club business mostly happens after the stupid lecture.
Although, it could happen right at the beginning of the meeting.

Remember, to be ON TIME, which means early.

I'll check to see if the building has free public WiFi, which will allow me to use my laptop to open a Skype connection with someone won't be able to attend. Chances are slim though.

Last year, Robert literally showed up 2 minutes late and Jack closed the in-person voting and Robert was not able to vote in the last election. I saw it with my own two eyes.

We won't be able to vote for candidates until early November, but the deadline for candidate submission is Thursday night at the meeting.
Captain Awesome is offline Find More Posts by Captain Awesome
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:56 PM
Watts is where its at!
Joined Oct 2004
1,731 Posts
Yea, you gotta be there early. i was like 2 minutes late and the meeting was already in full swing.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,434 Posts
Victor: you coming?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
Joined Sep 2012
919 Posts
Great points guys. I will also be a board member backup & will give them my full support.

While I am irritated at the way the sound testing has been poorly handled & the complete lack of accountability regarding a blindside rule banning FPV’s, amoung other things. I also remind myself that MARC board has been keeping the field open despite dealing with the parks dept, county, bird club & complaining condo neighbors. I am also thankful for the lawn getting watered & mowed, bench’s painted etc. All while I have just showed up & flew my plane. Keep in mind this is retirement hobby & social event for a lot of these guys. Our job now is to step up, help out, start protecting & guiding the future of the field.

I will start by recognizing the MARC boards efforts, thanking them & then politely ask for necessary change as well as ask to review MARC’s governance process & perhaps ask for a public review all decisions made in the last 12 month period.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Oct 16, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined Apr 2008
286 Posts
i think what your club needs is a little Gangnam Style

harv_d is online now Find More Posts by harv_d
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Apr 2007
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
The Proficiency Check thing is more of the same. It's just a way to discriminate and make the club seem intimidating without actually doing anything. The entire thing disgusts me.[/list]
R/C clubs run by 'red hats' just make me angry.
Yeah, i think i mentioned my experience with their proficiency check. At its conclusion I demanded my money back for my membership, otherwise I would certainly like to support you guys. Good luck, if you get anywhere (I doubt it, since there is no way to expose corruption, but presenting evidence of it to the park authority may be the easier route to go).
spiked3 is online now Find More Posts by spiked3