SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:04 PM
United States, WA, Bothell
Joined Jan 2007
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
MARC Board of directors election coming up. If we, as 3D oriented members, intend to try to have our views represented on the board then we have to get behind one person and nominate him at the meeting on Thursday Oct 18. If we all vote as a block for this person at the soon to follow on line voting then we have a chance to keep Victors' nemesis from stacking the board with his buddies.

My $.02 is that Azhar is the best choice because he's already a Red Hat so he might garner more votes then just from us.

What do you think?
For this to actually work we need five maybe six of us that want to be on the board to make the changes to MAR/C. So that means this will take a little time, what positions are open? I am open to being on the board, I would back Azhar. We need to get a few more people to want to be on the board to fill the spots. We need five people to take majority in board votes.

Joel
AKA Gotballs
GotballsP-38 is offline Find More Posts by GotballsP-38
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:12 PM
IT Ninja
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2012
203 Posts
I'd vote for Joel and Azhar. Maybe it would be a good idea to attend the upcoming meeting so we can put our nominations in, or learn more about it.
Other good candidates might be MCS Joe, Claude, Lee, Larry, and one other guy who's name escapes me at the moment. He has a van with bold political statements on it, and flies 3D foamies, and has a vinyl cutter. Those are just some random thoughts.

By the way FPV and autonomous flying are now BANNED at Marymoor!

They made the decision in cooperation with park officials, but without having members vote on it or weigh in on the decision.

We need members on the board!!

Follow this link for more information about this and the upcoming elections.

The next upcoming meeting is October 18th. If we really want this to happen, we need to be there.
Captain Awesome is offline Find More Posts by Captain Awesome
Last edited by Captain Awesome; Oct 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:29 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,595 Posts
I think the main thing right now is to get the first person on the board and then work over time to get more. The problem has been to get people who are willing to serve. Most people I have run this by are either too busy or not interested. So if Joel is willing, I will back him. And if we can get him elected I will step up and be willing to run for the second opening. I don't particularly want to and will move aside for anybody else who is willing but we need to get a plan going.

Again, IMO Azhar is the best choice for the first opening if he is willing to serve on our behalf. But Chris is right: we have to all attend Thursday to start having a voice. Who knows, after FPV it might be 3D that's banned.
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Jan 2007
151 Posts
According to Jack from Captain's link that he posted, there is going to be FIVE openings!
" This year we will vote to fill five Board positions which become vacant in 2013. Two of these positions will become vacant due to the expiration of the normal three year term for current Board members. Three other positions will become vacant as a result of appointments made by the Board to fill resignations which occurred in 2012. These three positions must stand for election at year-end, in accordance with our By-Laws."

2013 the year of 3D!!!!! Fight the power and take the club back!!!

we need two more! Joe, Azhar, and myself.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:35 PM
IT Ninja
Joined Apr 2012
203 Posts
The meeting is scheduled for this upcoming Thursday October 18th, from 7:00pm to 9:30pm at the Lake Washington School District Administration Center, at Redmond Town Center.
You'll have to put up with a snooze-fest presentation about EDFs, but the club business is the most important part.
I'll be there for sure.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Jan 2007
151 Posts
I guess it is just the three of us on here right now.LOL
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:41 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
FPV banned without member input?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:55 PM
IT Ninja
Joined Apr 2012
203 Posts
It seems so. I don't recall any of the board members opening up any lines of discussion about this to key members who are FPV users. I think this should have been discussed with members such as yourself, Vitter, and MCSGUY for an additional point of view. There are also other members that I haven't mentioned because I forgot their names.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:56 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
Joined Sep 2012
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I'd vote for Joel and Azhar. Maybe it would be a good idea to attend the upcoming meeting so we can put our nominations in, or learn more about it.
Other good candidates might be MCS Joe, Claude, Lee, Larry, and one other guy who's name escapes me at the moment. He has a van with bold political statements on it, and flies 3D foamies, and has a vinyl cutter. Those are just some random thoughts.

By the way FPV and autonomous flying are now BANNED at Marymoor!

They made the decision in cooperation with park officials, but without having members vote on it or weigh in on the decision.

We need members on the board!!

Follow this link for more information about this and the upcoming elections.

The next upcoming meeting is October 18th. If we really want this to happen, we need to be there.
We need a big 3D showing guys, if we truly want to increase the 3D friendliness of the field. I will demonstrate my resolute support for Azhar & our 3D art form, I will be there at the Redmond Town Center Lake Washington School Admin Building this Thursday 10-18 at 7pm to nominate Azhar. 16250 NE 74th Street, Redmond Town Center.

Regarding the new MARC prohibiting FPV ruling. If we continue to be silent & not voice our opinion at MARC meetings more restrictions will materialize. If 3D is important to you make the time guys. http://www.mar-c.org/content/preside...e-october-2012

My Oct nomination & Nov vote would be Azhar as well given his red hat status. One 3D representative that already has the boards respect should prove somewhat politically influential. Our strength is in numbers at this point is by vote & could come from offering to help out with field duties once in a while as well as participating in summer trainer Tuesdays. Both of these would build a relationship with the current board & perhaps reduce the circle flyer / 3D tension. The current board knows that at some point they will need to hand the keys to the next generation to be stewards of the field & they want more participation at the MARC meetings. Just my thoughts & I have promised my wife that my days of political lobbying are long since past.

P.S. Trying out my new alter-3D-ego name “The Earl of Whirl”, you know how I like to roll & spin in the air. Got some major work to do this winter on the sim & hopefully indoors to improve my skills to even begin to fit the name. I needed a little more anonymity as cyberspace can be a dangerous world to blatantly display any personal information including your full real name.

Fighter pilots don’t usually get to pick their call sign it’s typically assigned by the fighter wing / group. If you guys hate the name I will think of another one or am open to “PG rated” suggestions. lol
Lee
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Oct 13, 2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:04 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
marc website is frustrating me.
I can't find where to change my password after using the one time email link they just sent me.
anyone have a screen cap of where the "change password" screen is?

EDIT: Nevermind...I found it. Grrrr
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:18 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
just posted to the forum..but will the moderator allow it to be viewed by the membership..

To the Club officers,

According to the following segment of the rule

.... Position it 25 feet from the model in the plane of the prop at a height of 2-3 feet and with no noise reflecting objects within three feet. ...

I feel the current method of testing is incorrect in that the meter is being held, by hand, during the test.
The person holding the meter IS a sound reflecting object thats within three feet of the meter.

A person, bent over, with arm outstretched holding the meter 2 to 3 feet off the ground will reflect the sound back to the meter during the testing.

I'd like to point out that current IMAC testing for sound stipulates that the meter be held at the proper distance from the plane and ground using a tripod.

Does the MAR/C club officials and BOD plan to implement the rule properly by using a tripod, or will they continue to test using a method that is in contradiction to the rule as it is stated?

Charles
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:31 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
Joined Sep 2012
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
just posted to the forum..but will the moderator allow it to be viewed by the membership..

To the Club officers,

According to the following segment of the rule

I'd like to point out that current IMAC testing for sound stipulates that the meter be held at the proper distance from the plane and ground using a tripod.

Does the MAR/C club officials and BOD plan to implement the rule properly by using a tripod, or will they continue to test using a method that is in contradiction to the rule as it is stated?

Charles
You may also want to note that if they test one glow or gas plane they need to test them all, to promote legal fairness. The sound test cannot be a basis to profile or discriminate against one class or sector of the modeling flying community. Steve “the red hat” focused on your plane & your plane alone that evening. There were many, many more un-sound DB tested glow / gas planes there that night that went untested & were ignored.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
He said he focused on my plane due to the fact that he and his wife were over at the dog park and heared a prop ripping in the air.

Yeah, that was me..rippin it up. So he came to the field, grabbed the meter and waited for me to land. Busted "RED" handed surely, but the sound rule does not state that the plane cannot exceed the db limit in the air...only on the ground during testing.

I'll resubmit the plane for testing soon
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:40 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
Joined Sep 2012
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
He said he focused on my plane due to the fact that he and his wife were over at the dog park and heared a prop ripping in the air.

Yeah, that was me..rippin it up. So he came to the field, grabbed the meter and waited for me to land. Busted "RED" handed surely, but the sound rule does not state that the plane cannot exceed the db limit in the air...only on the ground during testing.

I'll resubmit the plane for testing soon
Let me know when you re-test & I wish to be present in your support. Also to audit the testing procedure to ensure consistency, repeatability & fairness. I have got your back Cry.

At Thursday’s meeting I would like to see the MARC boards documented procedure & protocol for any rule changes or updates. Was the FPV ban voted in by a board majority? was proper written notice given to members of an up coming vote?, is the decision documented including yea / nah signatures of board members?

I will settle down now as my dormant legal & lobbying side has bubbled up
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:50 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Something like this happened at Orca club. In Orca bylaws, they need a majority vote for rule change like this, and notice must be given. They gave notice of an 'important meeting' but didn't say anything about voting, none of the gas guys showed up and the "motion to ban gassers" passed, sigh.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun