SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:34 AM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
AWESOME video Chris, your vids and clips always make me look like a superhero! And thanks for the great pics guys. Sorry about the "come fly at an airport dry hump." I chased down Greg and and the event guy and let him know they could have let us know they didn't 'get permission to use the runway before we got there...

Was bummed not to make it out to Kitsup with you guys after but got guilt tripped into staying longer by the event guys and did a little more candy dropping for the kiddos. Just don't blacklist me and let me know when I can get a dose of the marc-otics and I'll be there!
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:05 AM
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Feb 2011
844 Posts
Wow, looks like a fun day! I spent a good bit of this weekend building my PA Ultimate, getting close!

On a side note, none of you sprung for a ride in the Stearman, eh? That's Mike, he's the guy who introduced me to r/c. I've flown that beast a couple times, pretty cool!
Crash Prone is offline Find More Posts by Crash Prone
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:19 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
763 Posts
Tim, I thought I heard something From the event guys about having the real runway secured, but they chose the cow pasture due to the position of the sun??? Did I hear the correctly? Isn't that what sunglasses are for?

Anyway... Call me a hick, but I'll get together with my flying buddies in any cow pasture to fly any day.
This whole situation has actually been good for my perspectives; Wenatchee is so freakin perfect, that it makes me want more for our field when I go to KARCS. The "cow patty" brought me back to earth, and now KARCS isn't so bad.
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:55 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,493 Posts
A little more from the fun on Saturday...
This is using the mqX Micro Quad and an 808 Keychain camera. (PM me your email if you want the whole soundtrack )

The mqX does Kitsap ARCS (2 min 46 sec)
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:50 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,775 Posts
Gotta say, after driving 7 hours for 2 hours of flying time a day trip to Wanatchee will seem like a cake walk The 70mph tail gating caravan to Kitsap dragging a trailor was intense (sorry for cutting you off Mark, I didn't realize you were one of us ) It is cool when the flash mob decends and takes over a field. I did miss SupaTim and Flarpy but I admit if I had the ability to wow a crowd like they have I'd have spent the day stepping over cow patties too.

Great to meet Spike Mike, thanks for sharing some great pics. I know we got some more smokin video in the crock pot on the way from Caption Awesome with Vitter on the gogglesticks. What I saw on the monitor was amazing, can't wait to see the finished work. Also amazing what you can get out of a micro and a keychain camera Mark
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,761 Posts
Looks like a fun time had by all. Sorry I missed it. I did however get to test the new Motrolfly 4330-300 KV motor however. This thing weighs an ounce less than the A60-6xl motor and puts out 2900 watts at 100 amps. Needless to say it really brought the 74" Edge to life. Running it on 6s Gensace 30c 5300 and a 2s Gensace 30c 5300 for 8s configuration with the same 20x11 Mejzlik prop. Really a nice motor. Haven't worked out the weights yet but since its an ounce lighter, plus the weight of the 2s 5300 batt., probably 2-4 oz's heavier than a 6s set up.
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:19 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
450 Posts
You know, vitter impressed me so much I spent a ton on FPV (in progress), and I swore after flying very mild 3D helis I'd never do planes, but you guys have too much fun with those crack things. Maybe ..... just warn me when robert flies, OK?
spiked3 is offline Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:53 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiked3 View Post
You know, vitter impressed me so much I spent a ton on FPV (in progress), and I swore after flying very mild 3D helis I'd never do planes, but you guys have too much fun with those crack things. Maybe ..... just warn me when robert flies, OK?
lol
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:23 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,604 Posts
Made up for working all weekend by waking the Neighbors near the RAMS this morning with Some Giant Gasser fun...
Man did I need that.. thanks Tim!!

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is online now Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:10 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
Looks like a fun time had by all. Sorry I missed it. I did however get to test the new Motrolfly 4330-300 KV motor however. This thing weighs an ounce less than the A60-6xl motor and puts out 2900 watts at 100 amps. Needless to say it really brought the 74" Edge to life. Running it on 6s Gensace 30c 5300 and a 2s Gensace 30c 5300 for 8s configuration with the same 20x11 Mejzlik prop. Really a nice motor. Haven't worked out the weights yet but since its an ounce lighter, plus the weight of the 2s 5300 batt., probably 2-4 oz's heavier than a 6s set up.
Another Motrofly success (over Hacker).
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:18 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
A little more from the fun on Saturday...
This is using the mqX Micro Quad and an 808 Keychain camera. (PM me your email if you want the whole soundtrack )

https://vimeo.com/50068460
Gareth, what happened to the yak?

.... and who owns the 50cc Green Slick?
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:38 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post

.... and who owns the 50cc Green Slick?
That would be mine
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:11 PM
Mcallen, TX
Joined Sep 2009
21 Posts
awesome picture mark_q mount rainier in the back
a year ago I was living in kent for four months, I remember took the sounder to seattle every morning..... a beautiful days, and beautiful city!
innoplastic is offline Find More Posts by innoplastic
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:35 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Sweet pic. Also liked the Supa Tim mini vid by Awesome. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! I can report that RC is alive in Seattle (city limits), it's just harder here.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:09 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
763 Posts
Mcsguy: thanks again for the prop delivery! Such a ssswwwwweeeeeeeeettttt prop!
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy