SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:03 AM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,383 Posts
Killer vid guys, Kody that plane may have been made for you bro.

Joe, you're an animal man!! Gotta love that kind of commitment!

Stumbled across this and thought although it looks weird I could sure use a bipe...

3DHS Vyper Bipe pilot Joe Smith (6 min 2 sec)
!
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:12 AM
USA, WA, Redmond
Joined Aug 2010
231 Posts
Nice Video Flop & Chet.

Kody & the Raven Rock!

Now step it up Kody you need to practice carving R A V E N in the grass with your tail for the park flyer competition video. Lol
leespaddock is offline Find More Posts by leespaddock
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:13 AM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
I like that Joe Smith video. I like the way he flies that better than the Slick. He didn't smoke out the area. lol. Bipes can be so fun with those slow flying characteristics.

At Huck, I'm going to have a white van full of DW Foamies, including the 38" Revo bipe. And I'll have one available to fly along with a vectored thrust 40 inch Extra.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:17 AM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,383 Posts
hmmm...
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:24 AM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
Great video guys. Wonderful flying Kody.
definitely to both aspects!
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:28 AM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
I like that Joe Smith video. I like the way he flies that better than the Slick. He didn't smoke out the area. lol. Bipes can be so fun with those slow flying characteristics.

At Huck, I'm going to have a white van full of DW Foamies, including the 38" Revo bipe. And I'll have one available to fly along with a vectored thrust 40 inch Extra.
and speakers yes?

Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:34 AM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
776 Posts
was wondering if he was cutting his own due to how many he had, they are multiplying like rabbits
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:48 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Thanks furball and Mcsguy for the esc tips. Spoke with quantum and he also advised to remove the shrink wrap. The ZTW 110 peaks at about 130 watts so I'm not even getting close to peak. I have a heatsink off a mother board that will fit it perfectly so if removing the wrap doesn't cut it, I'll attach the heatsink.
I do however like the soft "self preservation" cut back mode it goes into when it gets too hot. I've had other escs warn me they where too hot with a puff of white smoke.

Off to Oaklahoma City today, coming back on Tuesday. That gives me 1 1/2 days to finish the Wild Hare Edge 540 and load up for HUCKFEST BABY!!
Cya all there!

Bringing my new plane.. Nice eh?
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346240876.856282.jpg
Views: 41
Size: 94.5 KB
Description:
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:17 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarpy View Post
Attachment 5112521
Above is the watt reading from my last test.

Ok esc gurus, I need some help.. having ESC issues.
The problem is, after about 2-3 min of flight my ESC goes into safe mode to cool down. It's passing 110c. I've moved it to a place where there is plenty of airflow.
Setup:
Motor-Hacker A60-6sv2
Esc-ZTW 110 amp esc. (new)
Batt- turnigy 5800 6S 40c
Prop- 20x10 xorar-E

Do I have a bad ESC?
Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Sorry I missed this post Flarp. Something is not right Most of the guys with the same motor and prop only pull 85 - 86amps. Robert was running a Xoar 21x10E prop and it only pulled 93amps. I think you may have a bad ESC or possibly the gas Xoar 20x10 and not the E prop.
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:27 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,709 Posts
Yea I was pulling about 93 amps with the 20x11 Mejzlik with the 30c Gensaces. Hope you get it figured out.
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:44 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,609 Posts
Flarpy, my vote is the ESC. See if you can find one those Phoenix 125's, I bet you'll be pleased.
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:04 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Hummmmm. Idk! I ran three separate batteries pumped them hard and could only draw 90-95 max. Then one time I tapped 100 I took the pic. Is there a possibility of working the throttle just right and pop it over like that?

On a whole separate note......... I wake up this morning at 3:00am, to get the slew of things done that need to be done." Day before vacation "list right.. My "Rc" shop is in the attached shop of a rental home across the street.. Picture this,, it's 4:15 am and I open the door to my shop, and I can't help but notice the sound of water running. Here is what I find in the lower Half of the shop. Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346298978.809699.jpg
Views: 70
Size: 136.3 KB
Description:
My tenants decided to water the bushes in front of the house and forgot to turn the hose off. My storage area Was in 6" of water... I fear the wings to my 40% are junk parts, along with many other things. I Practically could have rung them out!
Anyone have a colt 45 I could use on myself? Maybe a glock? I know!! How about I just drown myself in my own basement!
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:05 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,843 Posts
wow
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:17 PM
USA, WA, Redmond
Joined Aug 2010
231 Posts
Sorry to see that ugly mess Flarpy. Absolutely sucks when the poor actions of others has a negative impact on your life.

I am finding out this an incredibly supportive group of pilots. I don't know you personally, but if you need any of my help let me know, I will be there.

Also if your aircraft are not quickly savagable from my understanding there are plenty of aircraft to try / fly at huckfest. Furthermore, I have seen your piloting skills in Chris's video & you are welcome to take the sticks of my EXP for a couple of flights.

Kindest Regards,
Lee
leespaddock is offline Find More Posts by leespaddock
Last edited by leespaddock; Aug 29, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:26 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarpy View Post
Hummmmm. Idk! I ran three separate batteries pumped them hard and could only draw 90-95 max. Then one time I tapped 100 I took the pic. Is there a possibility of working the throttle just right and pop it over like that?

On a whole separate note......... I wake up this morning at 3:00am, to get the slew of things done that need to be done." Day before vacation "list right.. My "Rc" shop is in the attached shop of a rental home across the street.. Picture this,, it's 4:15 am and I open the door to my shop, and I can't help but notice the sound of water running. Here is what I find in the lower Half of the shop. Attachment 5119397
My tenants decided to water the bushes in front of the house and forgot to turn the hose off. My storage area Was in 6" of water... I fear the wings to my 40% are junk parts, along with many other things. I Practically could have rung them out!
Anyone have a colt 45 I could use on myself? Maybe a glock? I know!! How about I just drown myself in my own basement!

dood! Flarp, sorry to see/hear about that!

Get those wings dried out and I bet they are ok.
If not, your renter's hopefully have insurance and you can get a new 3W 42% yak and a DA200 out of the damage! Give Rick a run for his money

let me know if there's anything I can help with my friend